Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta/Retail  (Read 16475 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta/Retail
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 15, 2010, 02:32:46 AM »
i run it fine (from what i can tell)
never notice any shit fps
Again, probably because you're playing multiplayer at 1024x768 and not the highest settings. That screenshot doesn't show anything since you don't have a FPS meter. Maybe come back with some CPU usage stats?

dont know much about computers and specs and such but....
You should learn or just type it out, oh wait, you probably like showing people that price tag in there huh?

It's one thing to say "it works for me" and it's another to say "it works for me, here's my specs and here's how much it demands from my system" so perhaps others can look at that and do a bit of quick math to get a rough idea if they can run it or not.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 15, 2010, 14:35:20 PM »
next time i play it i will tell u how much cpu and ram it uses mr nothings good enough for me  ::)

Well, really, I mean get a bit more specific. There's a wide range of computers that can play the game and simply saying that they all can do it isn't too helpful. Resolution, game quality settings, FPS in various zones are all helpful in other determining if their computer can or not. Playable can mean anything from 640x480 on the lowest settings and getting 20FPS all the way up to 7680x1600 with the highest settings including full anti-aliasing at 60FPS (monitor refresh rate, another topic). It just kinda annoys me when people say bland statements that don't really have much information. Sorry if you caught the wrong end of my stick.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 03:03:20 AM »
Added screenshots & a video.

Offline Alex

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 07:01:08 AM »
Well, when I play my games I don't go under 1440x900. Anything under that resolution looks terrible and is not worth playing in my opinion. In the beta I was pulling 15-25 fps on low settings. That's not good. They should have spent more time optimizing the engine for the PC.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 14:23:54 PM »
beta...optimizing

Those words don't go together :) Try the retail game.

what settings would make it look the best :)

The first step is running your monitor at native resolution, this usually means the highest it supports. If you run lower than native, some resolutions don't scale well and your monitor has to use like 1.5 pixels for 1 pixel which doesn't work and looks crappy like Killaman said. Some lower-than-native resolutions look ok but I know on every LCD I've seen, the highest always looks the best.

Second step to run the game at the highest settings, an example is here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/464376/GameShots/BFBC2Game%202010-03-16%2011-18-58-36.png

Offline Alex

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 14:49:41 PM »
Unlike you spanky, I buy most of my games. If I buy BC2 and it doesn't run well, I can't return it. I'm stuck with something I can't run. On top of that, I do not have a job. Making it hard for me to buy games in the first place.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager