Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Would be good if changes in maps are realised and pushed forward  (Read 6944 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Would be good if changes in maps are realised and pushed forward
« on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 17:35:26 PM »
Would be nice if intressted players get info how to work on maps.

Radio Tower : Close underound and bring obj above the ground.
Hospital : change spawns and vip and extraction poind
Hospital:  Puth a helicopter on platform on exteraction point
Border : Change spawn points 
Monkey Island  : split  spaws to north west south easy.
map ICE:  puth in houses ore better obsticles on the ice in middle ore on the snow .
I think me and alot have idears about `` A new livingroom``  to make good times on assist.

Little changes in maps a car extra ore move to other places Objects replace  , trees , make a map winter like Insurgent camp. 

Need active top :makemyday:

« Last Edit: Friday, September 16, 2016, 17:37:55 PM by Vanoke »

Offline ronski

Re: Would be good if changes in maps are realised and pushed forward
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 18:13:12 PM »
Would be nice if intressted players get info how to work on maps.

Radio Tower : Close underound and bring obj above the ground.
Hospital : change spawns and vip and extraction poind
Hospital:  Puth a helicopter on platform on exteraction point
Border : Change spawn points 
Monkey Island  : split  spaws to north west south easy.
map ICE:  puth in houses ore better obsticles on the ice in middle ore on the snow .
I think me and alot have idears about `` A new livingroom``  to make good times on assist.

Little changes in maps a car extra ore move to other places Objects replace  , trees , make a map winter like Insurgent camp. 

Need active top :makemyday:

Sorry but who would play these edited maps if there are continuous attacks making the game unplayable? Or how would these edits prevent attackers attacking? I like your effort and I would love to see new versions of various maps, but you need to realise what is going on. I'm familiar enough with developing that I can say there is no point in spending time with building new stuff, while there are bigger problems which are needed to be solved first.

When these attackers are taken care of, I'd love to follow and take apart in the original subject of this thread again

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 16, 2016, 19:46:14 PM »
Sorry but who would play these edited maps if there are continuous attacks making the game unplayable? Or how would these edits prevent attackers attacking? I like your effort and I would love to see new versions of various maps, but you need to realise what is going on. I'm familiar enough with developing that I can say there is no point in spending time with building new stuff, while there are bigger problems which are needed to be solved first.

When these attackers are taken care of, I'd love to follow and take apart in the original subject of this thread again

I agree.

There was a moderate amount of interest in custom/edited maps when the map editor came out for 2.8.5 officially. Once the novelty wore off, people went back to Pipeline and Urban. In the entireity of mAAp, AAO25 and Assist, interest has been decent but participation low. Now, when there's so few people playing, it's not worth spending 1 minute in the editor when there's other issues. Maybe if the servers were stable and reliable and if we had 10x the number of players, it would be worthwhile. Unfortunately it's not. That's just how it is. I've spent a lot of time editing maps and the reality is, people like the idea but not the follow-through.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 03:56:57 AM »
I do not see it as black as you guy see this. That doss man will lost his intressed solong we play this game and don`t gif attantion to his sick behavior.  The die hard players  i think around 150 now that commes here like the game. and if you like to modded a bit when good idears are make in the maps than you keep the community more alive.  If this was a bad game this would be dead when 2.8.5 was ended by the AA Army but it issent so it got potential. 
I  miss a little inputh from ELIZ ore  what can i say he blocks ad the moment the innovations , not spaktaculair but 
they can be intrested to bring a little extras.  ( UPDATE THE changes ) so people talk about it make all SE maps extra. In 2.8.5  its around 11 GB  and soonit will be more if you puth it for downlode in winrar its around 5.5 Gb 
Assist got 1.49 GB  thats not much  room enough . 
I think what Eliz must do ( not for 1 map but several maps)  meaby 5 .
1- puth the maps in directory.
2- puth in  tours.ini  the  new extra text.
3- Update to the people
And GO ! .

You got a bit extra playground changes were people can strugle over.
About my SFextraxtion_se nothing happend so if nothing happend i BLOCK and say way would i puth energy in it
in this case you feel the dark clouds hanging.
When Eliz don`t want to puth energy in it than its time he look for sombuddy that understand this game and hand it over to the one that is willing to puth som energy in it.
Ore gif permission to trustfull man that will do the extras if possible.

Game is not dead !  you can say the doss man is dead becose he got nothing better to do. !!
What i do thinkabout event  Its A Family Affair is not the moment no reaction  :banned: :lock:  you can say
we will see in near futhure about that.  :cool:   

« Last Edit: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 04:22:57 AM by Vanoke »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 13:14:36 PM »

I think what Eliz must do ( not for 1 map but several maps)  meaby 5 .
1- puth the maps in directory.
2- puth in  tours.ini  the  new extra text.
3- Update to the people
And GO ! .
A few more things that have to be done; the maps need to be MD5 checked to add the MD5 to PunkBuster configs and Assist (so it knows to download the proper file). The maps then need to be compressed (7zip) and uploaded to the download hosts.

While this isn't a lot of work to do, it's not worthwhile. Trust me, I've been doing this for more years than I care to admit.

Making a few changes and moving around player spawns in an unpopular map won't make it popular. Making it "better" to you won't make it "better" to other people. Just look at the original 2.5 maps included with America's Army. How many of those get played? 5? AA3 maps don't get played, 2.8.5 maps don't get played, my maps don't get played. On the rare chance that they do, the first thing you see in the chat box after the server moves over is "change to bridge" or "change to hospital". Then the player count starts dropping until you get to about half. Die-hard AA fans are critters of habit. They like their map that they've played for a decade because they know where all the little details are, they know exactly how long it takes to get from one spot to another, they know all the tactics.

It's really sad for me to say this because it's a hard lesson to learn when you have a lot of desire and motivation to contribute to a project and you hope to make something more popular. The fact of the matter is, we're all too late with this. If we had all this knowledge and all these talented people working together about 8 years ago, we could have radically changed this game and we would have vastly more people playing it.

From my perspective, there's 1 thing that may possibly slow the death of this game: AI (bots). I don't know what to do about the attacks, I'm not knowledgeable in that area. But if something were to ever be done about it, we'd still have few players. Part of the reason for few players is that there's few players. It's a runaway condition. If there's 5 people on a single map, those players getting constantly killed will leave and because there's no other maps that are populated, they leave the game entirely. Eventually you end up with 1 or 2 people playing and those people decide that it's boring and they leave. You then end up with 0 players and nobody wants to be the 1st one in an empty server waiting for other people to join. With AI at least, it's not so boring sitting around waiting for a real opponent to join.

TL;DR: changing maps that people rarely play in a game that has few people and is unstable isn't going to make people come back.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:24:23 PM »
A few more things that have to be done; the maps need to be MD5 checked to add the MD5 to PunkBuster configs and Assist (so it knows to download the proper file). The maps then need to be compressed (7zip) and uploaded to the download hosts.

While this isn't a lot of work to do, it's not worthwhile. Trust me, I've been doing this for more years than I care to admit.

Making a few changes and moving around player spawns in an unpopular map won't make it popular. Making it "better" to you won't make it "better" to other people. Just look at the original 2.5 maps included with America's Army. How many of those get played? 5? AA3 maps don't get played, 2.8.5 maps don't get played, my maps don't get played. On the rare chance that they do, the first thing you see in the chat box after the server moves over is "change to bridge" or "change to hospital". Then the player count starts dropping until you get to about half. Die-hard AA fans are critters of habit. They like their map that they've played for a decade because they know where all the little details are, they know exactly how long it takes to get from one spot to another, they know all the tactics.

It's really sad for me to say this because it's a hard lesson to learn when you have a lot of desire and motivation to contribute to a project and you hope to make something more popular. The fact of the matter is, we're all too late with this. If we had all this knowledge and all these talented people working together about 8 years ago, we could have radically changed this game and we would have vastly more people playing it.

From my perspective, there's 1 thing that may possibly slow the death of this game: AI (bots). I don't know what to do about the attacks, I'm not knowledgeable in that area. But if something were to ever be done about it, we'd still have few players. Part of the reason for few players is that there's few players. It's a runaway condition. If there's 5 people on a single map, those players getting constantly killed will leave and because there's no other maps that are populated, they leave the game entirely. Eventually you end up with 1 or 2 people playing and those people decide that it's boring and they leave. You then end up with 0 players and nobody wants to be the 1st one in an empty server waiting for other people to join. With AI at least, it's not so boring sitting around waiting for a real opponent to join.

TL;DR: changing maps that people rarely play in a game that has few people and is unstable isn't going to make people come back.
Ok i understand your experians in this are immense, its also not to understand that players don`t understand that your Maap pipeline is not more  played than the regulair ugly pipeline. i can imagion you are dissepoint in this after i can say the time and effort you got in this.   
Point is meaby not the map but the players who are following the players that are constandly go to ther favorit clan ore to a map that is populair. Puth 2 diehard players on Maap Pipeline than you have a stap up to more Maap pipeline .
When i choose other map i look to for Maap Pipeline and when i play this i hear  ( last time )  1 - I never did see this map  2-  This is a better map than the old PIp.   3- whow nice collors    4 my reaction  Yes weard hey this map is better and beautifuller in all game functions and still they go to that one way PIPeline GRRRR..

( I did understand thats way BCD was intredused in this and meaby i must come back with it must think about it need good understandeble players that understand me to,)   

But tell me wail you did make thise games your were proud and enthusiastic in all you did and still you  still juse thise knowledge these days  so it was not for nothing.   You and all those guys got my diep respect that you (They) did this. Also i understand Killaman making 3 nice maps and was   dissapoint that people do not play this. I also think its a learning proses for him whit all the inputh he did learn.   In my case its simple changes but from a good hart and view its possible good for this game . Meaby we need a runtrough all maps and the idears for each map . but short and simple .

About changes in maps i told already and you did say it self gif the map a other name like   A  _SE keep the old one and puth the modded map A   _SE behind the maps Now you can slowly build to better maps
Keep the originals .
WAY: if you don`t try you die !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

About the bots if you think from  aa army gameplay perspective assist only must bring the links to this site were 350 COOPS and a 200 P.v.P maps for game are on the servers like Bugsgang in picture. P.v.P is not jet realy active in 2.8.5  but 2.8.5 is for all so when you can realize this you do not have to break your brains on this bot issue. Led all downlode this and make it one.

You talk about its to late. fact is other game will popup and meaby they are good,we know eliz is busy to bring 2.8.5 maps to proving ground  meaby this will be a succes leds hope. but this game is good and in a way all you need for battle alot maps can make a little better ore diffrent if you can do it way not ?????  now that other big problem >>>>>>>
Our game needs a bit more actieve possitieve willing admin groupe that adleast see that som maps can be changed.    we need believers.  ( know what you will say )   but i am to possitieve to listerning  ( Respect )  ;)
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 17, 2016, 16:53:33 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Timbuctoo

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 05:48:35 AM »
Yes please let's implement these changes to suit MY vendetta.....
BALANCE NOOBS BALANCE.

Offline raw

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 00:30:18 AM »

What do you mean by this attacking? Whats going in aa2 nowdays?
AA2  2005-2015
AA:PG 2015-

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 00:41:13 AM »
What do you mean by this attacking? Whats going in aa2 nowdays?
There's been quite a lot of trouble with "someone" DDoS'ing both game servers and the auth server in the last 6 months or so.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager