Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: MODS  (Read 14728 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: MODS
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 04:44:00 AM »
you are right, this was the reason.
as i could see, some noobs did change the honors to get for a kill. instead of 10 honors they did give something like 1000 each kill. and this is for sure bullshit.

but why not roll out a mod that gives the fun back, without having the possibility to change such values like honor points. let's talk about a way with mods that could be tolerated like

good to have:
- gravity (if used, no honors)

not good to have:
- honors (not allowed)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 05:40:47 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 05:15:31 AM »
One of the main goals of the original game was realistic gameplay, mods that change gravity does not fall into that category.

We do allow some mods to be used(and tracked), that is mods that is authorized and enabled from within Assist Server Manager.

If you want you can request that a certain function to implemented, but we have full authority to say no to any suggested feature. All authorized mods are also under the source control of Assist Admins, so that no unwanted functions are implemented.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 11:50:57 AM »
I also know were i am talking about puf clan did play ultimate mod
in assist not long ago. We had great fun whit all mutates that was possible whit ultimate. And on border 500 is better sorry that i must overrule you thinking . We are border and we had 500 to get more possisions in map . Trust me!! We had a choise.

About that tool it works read the forum good ore com to raidcall on puf clan so we can explain

:cool:
thanks for your support Vanoke, and also to anyone else.

i already tested this exec tool 3days ago.

Report:
useless, cause it will work for just like 1 or 2 times, then Assist will kick you from the server, or totaly crashes the server. emptyed my full server.
then, after restarting assist the tool.exe will be autodeleted from army.systemfolder.
the downloaded scripts are 4000lines to long and lagg like 5 sec on low connections.
"................"

We talking about MODS, they come uploadet to the server.
but this tool is like an forceklasstool and its not even working.

also, an Admin has to push a butten evry round and if he leavs the party will end.

not what we looking for

btw, Spanky . we always used 460 as jumphight, works perfect on all maps and its realistik. it will give new possibilitis to the gameplay and will offer ways for new tatiks.
500 is too mutch, trust me bro ;)
Hooah.  :)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 12:02:44 PM by Vanoke »

Offline [.BB.]HigH-Time$

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 12:32:26 PM »
Thanks ELIZ for the support.

so here is my list of mods i am looking for:
random guns
jumphight

to spanky: i trust you. i mean 500 is still ok, and my expirienc on border isnt much. you know what you talking about.

Offline [.BB.]HigH-Time$

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 13:27:05 PM »
 :? so.

how can we bring mods back now?

first a list with accepted mods.
then the mods.
and a way to make them free for anyone to get them.

btw, ELIZ. this is an taktikal shooter, ok, but not realistik at all.
crouch on a box an dont fall down aslong an atom of your body is still on the box. and so on.

guys, help me to help us.

whats next?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 13:30:25 PM »
whats next?

I'm afraid it's not going to happen. Or atleast I don't know how you'll convince the admins to enable ultimate.mod and track them.

This game is pretty realistic compared to other ones. Remember it's still a game, so it's never 100% realistic. Imagine a 100% realistic game, you die and the game is uninstalled automatically eh.

Anyway I think you should try to have fun on another way, try other maps ==> other guns

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 13:42:38 PM »
Like Ganja said i don't think ultimate mod is coming back:) but I think modders should be happy that FC is still there but who knows, in time we see.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 14:14:46 PM »
i think ultimate mods are coming back but not tracked at all. but fun is fun :D

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 14:19:00 PM »
I'm afraid it's not going to happen. Or atleast I don't know how you'll convince the admins to enable ultimate.mod and track them.

This game is pretty realistic compared to other ones. Remember it's still a game, so it's never 100% realistic. Imagine a 100% realistic game, you die and the game is uninstalled automatically eh.

Anyway I think you should try to have fun on another way, try other maps ==> other guns
We don't have access to the mod, the author(He's not associated with 25assist) has disabled it's use.

Offline [.BB.]HigH-Time$

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 16:03:20 PM »
 :? lol?

what if i just do my one thing from now and setup an 2.8.5 serverbrowser + an tracktool wich starts all from zero and givs all players a new chance.
then ill advert around a bit.
at least i will talk to berry(the ultimade mod creator and the boss of aamods.com, wich is down) to give me the copyrights of the mods or to just put it back for use for a lil price.

pff, hackers, noobs, pros and evryone else will be welcome for a second ride.

gimme a few months, i got an reallife aswell.

but im not kidding

:censored:

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 16:20:00 PM »
Goodluck with that.

Offline [.BB.]HigH-Time$

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 16:20:55 PM »
btw ELIZ, the mod ultimate is free for use and open source since berry closed his site after 2.8.5 where closed. its just the wrong version, the mod is for 2.8.5

there are some 2.5 mods, but they are not working and they are not from berry or aamods, so its not about the modowner, its about you guys.

and btw, we could write our own mods aswell, but you guys just dont want it, so fuk off and pls close this theard cause it looks like i just waste my time here

Offline Ganja

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 16:23:20 PM »

What did you expected? Everyone waving at you like: WOUHOU MODS ARE AWESOME ...

This thing has been discussed before. People won't change their mind.

What you're saying is, you will make AA with only mods for kids, and give hackers a 3d chance. Alright, have fun

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 16:30:03 PM »
 :lock:

Offline Alex

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 16:50:37 PM »
and btw, we could write our own mods aswell, but you guys just dont want it, so fuk off and pls close this theard cause it looks like i just waste my time here
That's an odd way of saying "thanks for keeping aa2 alive with authorization, tracking, and anti cheat!" So ungrateful.
 :lock:

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager