Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Weapon select order - Honor/Score relation  (Read 4135 times)

Offline phuNkiii.ops

Weapon select order - Honor/Score relation
« on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 12:15:21 PM »
>new player comes to AAO
>does well in the map round session
>100 honor joins last round and wins
>new player (or any 10-50) doesnt get to pick his gun which he tried to get by playing good and trying hard cause the person has 2/3/4x his honor
>all that trying for nothing, game isnt rewarding
>has to accept fact he wont get good gun untill high honor leaves
>sees 110 honor join server
>"fuck this game"
> press ALT+F4
> uninstall

Do you think the fact some people farmed honor easily when game was popular should have advantage over new or basicly any other player just because their honor is very high, or should the F2 pick order be just by points as that would show you are rewarded for playing good and maybe even encourage people to try hard instead of camping

edit: typos
« Last Edit: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 13:00:24 PM by phuNkiii.ops »

Offline Ganja

Re: Weapon select order - Honor/Score relation
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 12:40:20 PM »
>new player comes to AAO
>does well in the map round session
>100 honor joins last round and wins
>new player (or any 10-50) doesnt get to pick his gun which he tried to get by playing good and trying hard cause the person has 2/3/4x his honor
>has to accept fact he wont get good gun untill high honor leaves
>sees 110 honor join server
>"fuck this game"
> press ALT+F4
> uninstall

Do you think the fact some people farmed honor easily when game was popular should have advantage over new or basicly any other player just because they honor is very high, or should the F2 pick order be just by points as that would show you are rewarded for playing good and maybe even encourage people to try hard instead of camping

Gotta agree with this. Would be a good move to reward only for the points achieved during the 16 rounds.

And what about the fact that on Hospital, C18 gives you so much more points than IF? I mean if you get the C18 you're nearly always be able to keep it anyway? Perhaps we could make the points even and finally reducing the exagerated points on maps like Hospital :)

Mia Cop

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 13:06:44 PM »

>"fuck this game"
> press ALT+F4
> uninstall

I don't think that there's any new player who will think such thing and immediately unistall this game just because he didn't get the weapon he wanted.

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 13:07:06 PM »
This community is very rude against new players, when they tk or even ff by accident everyone is shouting at them, no one seems to understand how hard game this is to play for the first time and everyone forgets that we all were at the same situation when we started.

This is a lot bigger problem than what gun you're about to get when the set is starting imo. Respect others and let new guys learn how to play, try to understand them..

Offline phuNkiii.ops

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 13:14:38 PM »
This community is very rude against new players, when they tk or even ff by accident everyone is shouting at them, no one seems to understand how hard game this is to play for the first time and everyone forgets that we all were at the same situation when we started.

This is a lot bigger problem than what gun you're about to get when the set is starting imo. Respect others and let new guys learn how to play, try to understand them..

yeah thats true, saw a new player first time in weeks last time and he tked someone by accident (high honor) , the person insta started votekick but still I think removing the current honor variable from weapon select would be a bit more noob friendly than it is in current state

Offline phuNkiii.ops

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 13:29:26 PM »
I don't think that there's any new player who will think such thing and immediately unistall this game just because he didn't get the weapon he wanted.

Offline ronski

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 13:30:57 PM »
well new guys doesn't know there's better than what they got lol

Offline phuNkiii.ops

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 13:34:28 PM »
maybe adding some rank to new players till they hit like 25-30 honor would be great for identifying them, like server admins/veterans have

Offline Virus.exe

« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 01, 2016, 20:27:16 PM »
Must say I completely agree with this, it's somewhat frustrating as somebody who reached 90+ honor more than once in the history of the game to be unable to select a spot until the very end. The only reason being that I chose to delete my non mandatory to AA tracker account years and years ago.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager