Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AATracker's "Load More Matches" function  (Read 926 times)

Offline Troeca

• Playing America's Army since 2006
    • View Profile
  • AA: Troeca
AATracker's "Load More Matches" function
« on: Saturday, January 20, 2024, 09:13:22 AM »
Hi!

This isn't really Assist related thing but I wanted to give a little feedback/shout out to the AATracker dev for making our experience a bit more pleasant once again :cool:

I was going to write some day and ask if there is any way to see exact stats from older matches than those in one's Recent Matches list. I'm very fond of one special match of Pipeline I played a while ago and sadly I didn't remember to take a screenshot of the stats page of that match in time. It was lost from my Recent Matches list.

I just went to check on AATracker page if there is anyone playing and surprisingly there was a button called "Load More Matches" on my personal stats page. I could bring up all my matches since the Tracker has been tracking my rounds! Nice!

Are all those specific match statistics kept indefinitely in the database or are they somehow summed up (after some time or some number of matches) to keep the database size in control?

Both Assist and AATracker are beautiful things! Thank you devs! Please, keep up the good work :style:

Offline HellB0Y

Re: AATracker's "Load More Matches" function
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 20, 2024, 11:25:29 AM »
Hi!

This isn't really Assist related thing but I wanted to give a little feedback/shout out to the AATracker dev for making our experience a bit more pleasant once again :cool:

I was going to write some day and ask if there is any way to see exact stats from older matches than those in one's Recent Matches list. I'm very fond of one special match of Pipeline I played a while ago and sadly I didn't remember to take a screenshot of the stats page of that match in time. It was lost from my Recent Matches list.

I just went to check on AATracker page if there is anyone playing and surprisingly there was a button called "Load More Matches" on my personal stats page. I could bring up all my matches since the Tracker has been tracking my rounds! Nice!

Are all those specific match statistics kept indefinitely in the database or are they somehow summed up (after some time or some number of matches) to keep the database size in control?

Both Assist and AATracker are beautiful things! Thank you devs! Please, keep up the good work :style:

Hey!

Thank you for the kind words. I finally managed to get around to allowing more match history to be loaded last night so it is awesome to see someone noticing, appreciating and providing feedback so soon. I really appreciate it!.

Unfortunately in this case you're correct that match statistics aren't held indefinitely. Specifically, the most recent 2000 matches are kept with the oldest falling off when a new one has started. This typically means a match will remain in a player / servers history for 1 - 2 months depending on how active the game is. I may look at increasing this number if possible, perhaps to 4000, if I am able.

I also agree with you about Assist. I'm very glad we can play this game in 2024. See you in-game!.

Offline Troeca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 20, 2024, 15:00:49 PM »
Thanks for the answer! It is nice to acknowledge your work.

Actually, a couple of thousand matches is a lot larger number than I expected!

See you! :cool:

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 20, 2024, 16:08:20 PM »
Thanks for the answer! It is nice to acknowledge your work.

Actually, a couple of thousand matches is a lot larger number than I expected!

See you! :cool:
I may be wrong, but a it may be couple of thousand matches in the global sense, not in the sense of one user.

PS: Just speculation. But a way to do it when trying to limit scaling.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline HellB0Y

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 20, 2024, 16:34:54 PM »
I may be wrong, but a it may be couple of thousand matches in the global sense, not in the sense of one user.

PS: Just speculation. But a way to do it when trying to limit scaling.

Yup, this is correct. Two thousand most recent matches across all tracked servers are retained. A users match history will reflect their activity within those 2000 matches.

Offline Troeca

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 11:11:07 AM »

That's what I was thinking but I didn't communicate my thoughts clearly :D
I quess that player specific logs would be a lot more difficult to maintain. And there is really no need for that anyways.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager