Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Usability test results... lol  (Read 5652 times)

Offline RealHarm

Usability test results... lol
« on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 14:27:40 PM »
I have let this site test the assist site for usability. Check out the results, they are pretty funny. :D But he has a point for new users :oops:.

http://peek.usertesting.com/result/41420079173
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 14:29:23 PM by RealHarm »

Jared

Re: Usability test results... lol
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 14:42:18 PM »
Wasn't to bad :D

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 14:46:35 PM »
That's a really good initiative in my opinion!

And he did bring up some pretty valiant points regarding visiting this site for newcomers who have no idea what AA is.

I think the front page could benefit from having a button like 'about' which would talk about AA in general and Assist in a couple of paragraphs.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Jared

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 15:26:03 PM »
If anyone wants to write it, just pm me the file copy and i will but a page up ;)

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 15:42:04 PM »
Wasn't there a write up about Assist on the old site? About when it was started and all that.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 16:39:47 PM »
Looks like an interesting game.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 17:43:36 PM »
Hey Jared, i just realized that it wasn't actually intentional. On my main screen with the download button, the soldier is above the text in the upper left corner, any idea what causes this?

Jared

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 17:58:23 PM »
Hey Jared, i just realized that it wasn't actually intentional. On my main screen with the download button, the soldier is above the text in the upper left corner, any idea what causes this?

Take an ss so i can see, its most likely your on a small res screen.

Offline RealHarm

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 19:52:14 PM »
Looks like an interesting game.
At least we have 1 new player haha

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2014, 22:46:07 PM »
ppl still use internet explorer?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 02:16:36 AM »

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 05:53:18 AM »
He clarified quite a good points there.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 07:57:09 AM »
Something I wrote up real quick. Give your opinion on it. Also, I don't know the start date of the project.
And feel free to add/edit it to your liking if anyone can be bothered.

America's Army
America's Army (AA) is a computer game developed by the United States Army as a recruiting tool. It is financed by the US government and is free to download for anyone.

The first version (1.0) was release  on July 4 2002. America's Army: Special Forces (version 2.0) was released on November 6 2003. The game runs on the Unreal Engine. There have been many updates with additional features as well as maps.

America's Army supported 3 platforms (Windows, Mac and Linux) up to version 2.5 (released 13 October 2005). Later releases dropped the support for Mac and Linux.

Since 1st of January 2012 the US Army dropped official support for America's Army 2 and thus shut down their authentication servers as well as server browser.

Assist
Assist is a community run application that enables players to play America's Army 2.5 on 3 platforms (Windows, Mac and Linux). It works together with a stat tracking page (battletracker.com) in order to provide authentication and honor tracking as well as it's own server browser in order for players to play America's Army after the US army shut down official support.

The project was started on <x date. I don't know this one> and has since come to version 8.08. It features various anticheat technologies never before seen in AA in order to maintain a level playing field as well as provides a means for creating a server (including Assist Server manager).

In addition to letting players play the original version of AA 2.5, the Assist developer team has worked hard in order to add features to the version of the game that were added in later versions by the original developers. Those features include SAI (Situation Awareness Indicator or simply a minimap), shortened flash times, maps from both later versions of AA 2.x as well as AA 3 and also custom maps, just to name a few.

Assist also comes with a fairly active community gathering at aao25.com with a forum full of often extremely helpful members. If you have a problem regarding Assist or AA, your best bet would be to get help there.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 10:52:13 AM »
Nice initiative Teddy. I'd add some information about how the game is played, what are the maps, what's the objective ? Respawn ? Random teams ? Competition ?

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 11:16:14 AM »
Like I said, you're welcome to edit it to your liking.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager