Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The 203 disabled on hospital.  (Read 74020 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Re: The 203 disabled on hospital.
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 15:31:21 PM »
I miss on the vote that you can change your judgement after all those discusion`s in this week.

Offline Jammax716uk

« Reply #241 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 17:41:13 PM »
Jammax, I both agree and disagree with you. SF Hospital is a well designed map, back when AA was very popular. The devs obviously spent a lot of time on it and it shows. The issue with 203's is that if you're a seasoned player, you know where to expect them from, not a problem there. But if you don't play much or are new to the game, you'll get raped every round. I know this from experience. I played Hospital last night while the 203's were disabled and sure, I got owned several times but there wasn't any spam on the server and it seemed pretty level and fair. Actually, it was quite enjoyable.

We don't want to change what makes this game great, we simply want to take the advantage away from map whores. People that know where to spam and how long it takes to get from point A to point B. It's all about leveling the playing field and making it fair for those who play infrequently, casually or for those who are new.

Very good spanky i cannot argue with that notion you are indeed right with 'regulars' that love the map,
It would have been so much easier for this to have been made very clear at the beginning because i doubt you will find anyone at all to argue with what you just said.
The problem wont end here though, im sure it must be just as sickening for new players with players pre firing before they round corners, flashing in the same manner etc etc etc the list is endless, at least the 203 spam spots are easy enough for the new players to work out after a few deaths, the other problems not so.
So what would actually create the perfect atmosphere for new players is the question?
Honor capped servers
Auto rotating weapons
Random spawn points
More toys to play with ie Thermites, hand grenades, rpg's (To tempt ppl away from c.o.d. ofc)
All are better options in my mind.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 07:52:54 AM »
Well now that it's back to normal you can really see how it effects gameplay, people are back to the old spamming, and the map is unplayable again, there's really nowhere you can go to do unexpected things without getting a 203 in your face, in a perfect world the vote would stand, but everyone knows that the hospital players will whine their eyes out and make such a fuss that the admins of assist will be forced to work around it, so just remove the vote i'd say, and let's pretend votes actually matters some other day.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #243 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 08:14:14 AM »
but everyone knows that the hospital players will whine their eyes out and make such a fuss that the admins of assist will be forced to work around it, so just remove the vote i'd say, and let's pretend votes actually matters some other day.
Really?

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #244 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 09:45:11 AM »
Really?

I think ARES said this because of the other discussion you had with spanky, adding admin option in their server panel to enable 203 or disable. If this is to be implemented, the vote actually is not needed as therefore we all know what will be chosen on every hospital server and option remains for frag whores. I must say he is right if this to happen, now there are plenty of polls, but do they mean anything at the moment is the question. ( As if you are going to change them) Just my cent
« Last Edit: Monday, October 13, 2014, 09:46:49 AM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 09:47:32 AM »
I think ARES said this because of the other discussion you had with spanky, adding admin option in their server panel to enable 203 or disable. If this is to be implemented, the vote actually is not needed as therefore we all know what will be chosen on every hospital server and option remains for frag whores. I must say he is right if this to happen, now there are plenty of polls, but do they mean anything at the moment is the question. ( As if you are going to change them) Just my cent
correct.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #246 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 10:05:54 AM »
correct.
The other discussion was to create a x second spam disabler at start of round(Witch is implanted already in the next version, 8.15).
This is about if we should disable the 203 completely on SF Hospital, two different things.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 11:47:42 AM »
The other discussion was to create a x second spam disabler at start of round(Witch is implanted already in the next version, 8.15).
This is about if we should disable the 203 completely on SF Hospital, two different things.

when does the voting end. I'm installing the game again Wednesday night

I vote no nades lol

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 11:51:26 AM »
Like I said in that thread, it will pose a problem when the server admins who think that it's needed to stop nades on maps besides hospital. It's meant for hospital, but till affect every other map in the game in a negative way, bridge, mountain pass, recon, bridge SE, all maps which has assault 203 spam as an essential way of evening up the odds on such defense sided maps. If the spam disabler is meant for hospital, but affects all other maps, remove the problem, hence remove 203's on hospital, and don't work around it trying to please the crybabies.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #249 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 12:00:09 PM »
Like I said in that thread, it will pose a problem when the server admins who think that it's needed to stop nades on maps besides hospital. It's meant for hospital, but till affect every other map in the game in a negative way, bridge, mountain pass, recon, bridge SE, all maps which has assault 203 spam as an essential way of evening up the odds on such defense sided maps. If the spam disabler is meant for hospital, but affects all other maps, remove the problem, hence remove 203's on hospital, and don't work around it trying to please the crybabies.
It's not meant for hospital, I don't how I can say it any clearer.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #250 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 13:07:31 PM »
It's not meant for hospital

Then i am happy, to be honest I thought this discussion was included about SF hospital too :) It's good by me, could be definitely used on bridge. The progress without 203 was more efficient than it is 203 right now.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 08:43:33 AM »
With the low amount of votes in the last days, it's clear that 2 weeks is too long to wait for the decision.
So I'm cutting the voting time down to 1 week.

That means that the voting ends in 2 days.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 09:31:26 AM »
Get ready for the hate and full of complaints in 2 days.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 09:50:49 AM »
Good!

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 13:06:34 PM »
R all of  us not wanting the nades winning the votes????????

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager