Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 22954 times)

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:59:34 PM »
That is exactly the problem I have with this idea. Of course it would be a nice extra to get a little extra funding by letting cheaters 'pay for a second chance' but you can't guarantee they will get the aforementioned second chance on the servers they will play on. That would make their little 'investment' rather useless and to me that seems a bit sketchy on the ethical side.

I now it sounds very good. Make cheaters pay money to ''ASSIST'' rather than paying to cheat apps.

But you know, admins can sort this kind of stuff. Even though players buy servers, they have to agree with itself ''Assist'' rules. They abuse something, they abuse the system that is built. As I said it would not hurt anyone, but a try is always a hope to something successful. At this point giving them a second chance, earning money, improving player base as it was more servers with people, more maps played. We can't of course guarantee it will work 100%, but we can try. It won't be illegal.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:02:44 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:02:19 PM »
I now it sounds very good. Make cheaters pay money to ''ASSIST'' rather than paying to cheat apps.

But you know, admins can sort this kind of stuff. Even though players buy servers, they have to agree with itself ''Assist'' rules. They abuse something, they abuse the system that is built. As I said it would not hurt anyone, but a try is always a hope to something successful.
That would be completely right if you'd actually rent a server from Assist, which I don't. I rent a server from an independent hosting company which has it's own agreement about servers with the Assist people.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:05:26 PM »
That would be completely right if you'd actually rent a server from Assist, which I don't. I rent a server from an independent hosting company which has it's own agreement about servers with the Assist people.

Hosting companies must get permission from Assist, am I right? If they do, Assit could easily order them these kind of rules. Why not? Assist could simply run their own servers. They can easily take down those companies that offer servers for you to play. Oh trust me, assist can do anything they want because it's their software.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:05:37 PM »
Paying a "fee" to be allowed to continue to play the game after being caught cheating would be a nightmare to administer.

Would being caught a second time warrant a higher fee?
Would AutoHotkey be penalized at 50% and a "real" bot at a 100%?

The ONLY upside to a fee/Tag model would be that the few that has been banned would add to the playerbase. But having them in the game with a Tag, would almost certainly drive away at least the same amount of clean players.

If the question  is how do we gain more players, allowing cheaters second chances is a really poor one.

The only good cheater is a banned one....

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:09:27 PM »
Hosting companies must get permission from Assist, am I right? If they do, Assit could easily order them these kind of rules. Why not? Assist could simply run their own servers. They can easily take down those companies that offer servers for you to play. Oh trust me, assist can do anything they want because it's their software.
Assist can do whatever they want, but they have to be careful with what they do. You can't just do whatever you'd like, you have to bear the opinion of your target audience in mind. If I think I have a solid reason to ban someone (in my opinion) from MY server that I pay for and somebody from the development team is forcing me to allow that person to play because they received a little bag of money is ridiculous.

Offline Alex

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:15:48 PM »
Paying a "fee" to be allowed to continue to play the game after being caught cheating would be a nightmare to administer.

The ONLY upside to a fee/Tag model would be that the few that has been banned would add to the playerbase. But having them in the game with a Tag, would almost certainly drive away at least the same amount of clean players.

If the question  is how do we gain more players, allowing cheaters second chances is a really poor one.

:)  Eliz is right on target, as usual. There are way too many negative and no positives to letting cheaters play again.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:19:27 PM »

I don't think so. I don't understand what would be a nightmare to administer. Do you need more staff? Is it hard to administrate who is banned or cheated? With Pay pal or safe cash it's easy. If you would like to do by Debit Card, there is a slight harder way. Most people don't trust online payments, likely paying to the games as it is not safe.

Would being caught a second time warrant a higher fee? Yes it would
Would AutoHotkey be penalized at 50% and a "real" bot at a 100%? Yes, i see no point in why not as long as they brake a rule of having advantage that has a penalty of permanent ban.

Then lets forget about the Tag, there are more options available. Etc they don't have a tag but you (staff) know the players. That sounds fair to me. With this option they wouldn't drive out clean players or any players.

Lets add all the banned accounts( not including multiple accounts) hmm, around 25 to 40 more players that are banned now. Interesting. It would add quite a slight of peace of players.

DARKSHOOTER@ Assist would not force you, YOU and people who is BUYING must agree with the rules, they are not forcing, you accept or decline as it is in ''Term of Conditions'' before playing the game. You must also agree with their rules before you throw your own rules.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:22:42 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:21:46 PM »
Assist can do whatever they want, but they have to be careful with what they do. You can't just do whatever you'd like, you have to bear the opinion of your target audience in mind. If I think I have a solid reason to ban someone (in my opinion) from MY server that I pay for and somebody from the development team is forcing me to allow that person to play because they received a little bag of money is ridiculous.
I agree. There should be no reason that the Assist admins should be able to say who you can and cannot ban from your server.
I mean, on your own server you can ban people for various reasons, from excessive (and intentional) TKing to extremely hostile/rude behavior towards others in the server, from exploiting bugs to disrespecting server rules. Now if the admins said you couldn't ban this "ex"-cheater, he'd be at an advantage compared to any regular legit player.
And since usually you're allowed to ban players on your own server, most server admins would probably ban the known "ex"-cheaters.

I'm pretty sure everyone here understand the noble idea of giving this project some much needed cash, but IMHO having cheaters paying to play again is not something that would work.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:27:23 PM »
DARKSHOOTER@ Assist would not force you, YOU and people who is BUYING must agree with the rules, they are not forcing, you accept or decline as it is in ''Term of Conditions'' before playing the game. You must also agree with their rules before you throw your own rules.
If it would get to that point I'd happily cancle my own server by that time, because that would be a waste of money on my side.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:32:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure everyone here understand the noble idea of giving this project some much needed cash, but IMHO having cheaters paying to play again is not something that would work.

Ok, lets forget about the TAG option and lets go for other option such as only staff knows who is banned players and who of them are playing. Nobody would know, no harm.

Ok, now I want you all to go to ''Half of shame'' and count all those banned accounts. Using no flash no recoil, multi hack, private hack and so on that has policy of permanent ban. Tell me, how this would not increase player base.

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 15:36:15 PM »
Ok, lets forget about the TAG option and lets go for other option such as only staff knows who is banned players and who of them are playing. Nobody would know, no harm.

Ok, now I want you all to go to ''Half of shame'' and count all those banned accounts. Using no flash no recoil, multi hack, private hack and so on that has policy of permanent ban. Tell me, how this would not increase player base.
Nobody would know? I too can do a decent background check, and there are many more who are able to do so.
And I'm pretty sure it wouldn't give that much of a boost to the playerbase, because a lot of players wouldn't be too happy to have a bigger possibility of hackers ingame thus the 'normal' clean players would be leaving or at least be playing less than they did before.

Offline Alex

« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 16:57:30 PM »

We don't need to increase the amount of dipshits in AA. We need good people. Plus, what makes you think these hackers would come back and play fairly? A lot of these dumbasses only played the game to hack and very few have expressed remorse about it.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 17:22:43 PM »
Most of the hackers were probably not everyday players anyway, I bet they'd just hop on every now and then and use their cheats to feel good about themselves.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 17:23:49 PM »

But you know, admins can sort this kind of stuff. Even though players buy servers, they have to agree with itself ''Assist'' rules. They abuse something, they abuse the system that is built. As I said it would not hurt anyone, but a try is always a hope to something successful. At this point giving them a second chance, earning money, improving player base as it was more servers with people, more maps played. We can't of course guarantee it will work 100%, but we can try. It won't be illegal.
Well... I hope, you guys know what you're doing...
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 17:29:06 PM »
what makes you think these hackers would come back and play fairly? A lot of these dumbasses only played the game to hack and very few have expressed remorse about it.

Few expressed remorse, did you give them a second chance? I guess the answer is no. Why would they not play fairly? They have paid to play fairly, it really depends how much you put a price on the second chance for them. I don't think a lot of people played just to hack. I think its because they have bored of it or they saw how shit they are in the game and saw strong competition between players, not sure but a lot is too strong answer to be true. I am very curious who hasn't hacked any kind of game or wanted to hack it for fun or to gain advantage. I would like to use this word a lot here.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager