Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 22906 times)

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 18:39:28 PM »
That's right all adults and as a general rule of thumb there are certain words used here that if used in a business or gatherings or whatever would get you swiftly removed from said places and used in wrong way or context could wind your butt up in front of a judge.

Depending where you work.
For me: im not a pencil licking dude in a office, in my work most swear words are accepted depending the situation offcourse.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 18:58:46 PM »
'Sorry' - didn't know, that further explanations are necessary...
 :poorguy: Yeah, sure... What else..? People here are deaf to the arguments.
'need to want' ..? What is this? Anarchist theory..? Look around you, everything is based on the rules. This is a basic feature of society based on law. If you can't understand that, then I can't help you - nobody can...

I'm not a talkative person myself, i often find the amount of useless hate between players and/or forum users really annoying for both the hate itself and energy/time wasted, and the lack of anything interesting to read that most of the time that behavior makes for. That said, rules can't help a person to behave better, a good time away of the forums do help in some ways (and before you think i am the nazi, i've been permanently banned from a community long time ago...)
« Last Edit: Monday, November 11, 2013, 19:01:09 PM by Deer_k »

Offline Dialects

« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 20:37:19 PM »
3 What about if the forum names is connected to assist. I mean it could be the same BT name to forum name, connected, i think this way you would also know the needed information to deal with the current issues on how to track multiple users. Just an idea but of course I know it is hard in this situation.
We've been looking at this but it seems as though we'd need consent from BT --as well as some sort of system that would allow information to be exchanged between the two platforms which is likely a huge step against security.

'Sorry' - didn't know, that further explanations are necessary...
If people want to be understood correctly it usually is in their best interest to..well, explain things further. It is not necessary. Just needed when trying to keep an argument within a certain level of understanding and maturity.

'need to want' ..? What is this? Anarchist theory..? Look around you, everything is based on the rules. This is a basic feature of society based on law. If you can't understand that, then I can't help you - nobody can...
As for tolerance, in quote above you've said, that you're already zero-tolerance nazi-oriented - so, these two opinions are contradictory...
I am rather confused by this quote. I fail to understand the analogy between 'need to want' and Anarchy. I also seem to fail to understand how everything is based on rules, especially those enticed within the law. If anything, law itself is based on the premisses of an economical biological system --be it of any kind. And...since you seem to have taken my text out of context in regards to the implementation of rules, I'll attempt at making it simpler to understand:

"I am of the opinion implementing such rigid rules (the ones mentioned earlier on this thread) will, quite on the contrary (that is, rather than help the community behave and make us look like we're chilled), make us out to be some sort of zero-tolerance nazi-oriented Administrators/Mods (which is to say we aren't at that point currently but would enforce that idea and thus become closer to being the aforementioned if we were to include those mentioned strict rules). The members of this forum needn't rules to behave like adults.(...err, just like a scientist does not need society to tell him he must have interest in science --action is triggered by one's own interest and not through enforcement and/or censorship) They simply need to want to behave like adults.(Simple, eh? If you want to behave like an adult, you will most likely behave like an adult. But you need to want to be arsed about it.)

P.S:. We do take interest on what the community has to say so long as what the community is saying is within the same level of interest and depth that we look forward to whenever change is due to occur.

/Dan
« Last Edit: Monday, November 11, 2013, 20:38:52 PM by Mikawe »
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Bart!

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 04:27:20 AM »

Yeah, I saw that - after twenty off topic posts. You need to work more on this... Two more Admins and situation didn't change.
The thing is, I can go on and delete every single off-topic post, but as long as it is not purely spam, I think I would be the most disliked person on this forum if I removed that as well.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 10:08:34 AM »
...since you seem to have taken my text out of context in regards to the implementation of rules, I'll attempt at making it simpler to understand...
I'm sure, others will appreciate your effort, but I wil go further and reduce your divagations to one word: Self-control. You see, the problem is that only few people here understand what this mean - therefore should be taken certain steps in this direction.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 17:26:11 PM »
I'm sure, others will appreciate your effort, but I wil go further and reduce your divagations to one word: Self-control. You see, the problem is that only few people here understand what this mean - therefore should be taken certain steps in this direction.

Thinking before writing. It all goes down to that, to me. That implies taking time, i think only a bunch of the people that usually post on these forums take some time to actually write a decently thought opinion/post. Self control comes as a result, if you think before acting/writing you don't usually do or write stupid, hateful or annoying things.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 17:36:51 PM by Deer_k »

Offline Alex

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 22:10:27 PM »

4.Charge a fee of cash for cheaters/hackers or other kind of distribution action players for their second chance, this way you would get wanted donations.
That's not a donation. That's a payment to let them play the game again and that is probably not legal. They cannot make any money off of the game. Maybe I'm wrong though. Since it's denying them access to assist, and not actually AA, it might be OK, but still attention that they don't need.

The thing is, I can go on and delete every single off-topic post, but as long as it is not purely spam, I think I would be the most disliked person on this forum if I removed that as well.
You're not a moderator to be popular, you're a moderator to keep the forums clean. You can't be worrying about your reputation.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 22:13:16 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 22:14:35 PM »
That's not a donation. That's a payment to let them play the game again and that is probably not legal. They cannot make any money off of the game. Maybe I'm wrong though. Since it's denying them access to assist, and not actually AA, it might be OK, but still attention that they don't need.

You sneaky bugger. I just read your post and quoted to reply and you edited your post to include exactly what I was going to say. It's Assist, not AA. Banned cheaters are still very much welcome to play AA without Assist.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 22:17:48 PM »
You sneaky bugger. I just read your post and quoted to reply and you edited your post to include exactly what I was going to say. It's Assist, not AA. Banned cheaters are still very much welcome to play AA without Assist.
Yeah I thought about it for a bit, but I still don't think it's a good idea. The legality of the entire project is still questionable at best so it would be best to avoid anything else even slightly controversial.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 22:31:40 PM »
Mostly, I agree. There is a little bit of me that would like to take money in exchange for unbanning players. I have a funny feeling that the majority of the community wouldn't like that though.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Bart!

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 05:23:11 AM »
You're not a moderator to be popular, you're a moderator to keep the forums clean. You can't be worrying about your reputation.
I agree with that, I meant it more in the way that noone will agree with the forum being a strict environment where all posts have to be completely on the subject the title is about. Some other  discussions in a topic might be valuable as well. The thing I do remove is pure spam which doesn't add any value whatsoever.

I think I should've clarified that as well.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 09:39:40 AM »
I agree with that, I meant it more in the way that noone will agree with the forum being a strict environment where all posts have to be completely on the subject the title is about. Some other  discussions in a topic might be valuable as well. The thing I do remove is pure spam which doesn't add any value whatsoever.

I think I should've clarified that as well.

Whatsoever, you do mistakes but you're going to learn from them. I am pretty sure we all do them. Anyways back on topic.

You talk about illegality of taking money from cheaters to let them play again, no it is not. The assist is already strict with rules, whatsoever doing that wouldn't strict them more. You would just add a feature that Cons both sides. Since the assist is running by you guys and since you have created your own rules and TOS and so on it would be legal. If you did implement ''Terms of Conditions'' with giving a second chance by taking money from them it would be legal, plus the payment could be through safe transaction like Paypal or safe cash. It would be legal because it's your own project and by others agreeing with it, it will just make it fair and ''legal''. Anyways there is a lot of options to make it legal.

I must agree, I think to others it will be a sad thing to let cheaters play, but you can always think of a TAG as we talked about before. But the good thing is, Cheaters who is banned and would want the second chance, they would need to pay, the Tag would be next to their name and it would be a new account with a fresh start, plus they would be on the watch list as a dangerous players with previous broken rules. I think the punishment is quite a big deal, it wouldn't sad people because they got what is deserved. It would make the project richer as I said before, this next step wouldn't be any kind of broken rule of law. As long as admins do their job fairly I would see no problem and people would just need to take it as a fair deal, it shouldn't make them angry. They would see just an increase of player base and more fulfilled servers with more maps played.

I see no point really in stricting this forum anymore but the spammed and off topics must be deleted and removed. I think the current moderators do mistakes as they not long ago got hired into the new team. Whatsoever they did mistakes and will do but with the time, they should be used to everything to make it perfect. I think they do a great job right now, by informing with the discussions they taking right now, not hiding anything and being fair. Whatsoever, there are quite a lot of foreigners and the language should be more simple for them. Sorry MIKAWE, but your language is quite institutional and strong which requires a lot of English understanding. I do understand myself, maybe sometimes don't but for others to make it better use more simple language so everyone understands. Bart is doing a great job, he tries hes best so as everyone if the team. I have no regrets of this assist team but I would like to hear more opinions from the main project developer ELIZ from my personal view. Don't make more stricter rules, just do the job you doing, and don't forget there is a warning button, no one should be mad on moderators, they do their job.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 09:50:05 AM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline Alex

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:11:18 PM »
Quote from: ArmyAntiCheat

I must agree, I think to others it will be a sad thing to let cheaters play, but you can always think of a TAG as we talked about before. But the good thing is, Cheaters who is banned and would want the second chance, they would need to pay, the Tag would be next to their name and it would be a new account with a fresh start, plus they would be on the watch list as a dangerous players with previous broken rules.
So they would pay just to be kicked by every server admin? That would be a disaster.

Quote from: ArmyAntiCheat
Sorry MIKAWE, but your language is quite institutional and strong which requires a lot of English understanding.
He's always had this "problem," although it's really only a problem for those who don't speak English very well. Considering over half of this community is European, it could be a problem.  I haven't seen anyone complain though. Knowing complex English is cool, but if other people can't understand what you're saying, it's useless. It does make you look smart though, regardless of what you're saying. :P
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:15:23 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:40:19 PM »
So they would pay just to be kicked by every server admin? That would be a disaster.

No. Rules are rules. Server rules should stay the same. Lets say normal player plays on the server, he never broke a rule and he is very good. He doesn't get kicked. Let's say a previous cheater plays the game and is being kicked for being good. No this is not right. These rule breakers cannot be kicked without evidence of them currently hacking or cheating. They should have the same rules as the normal player has. This can be made if admins did report to every clan about the current changes. A notification bar before playing would do. As a try it is suitable or if anyone thinks differently feel free to speak. This would not take much time and would not harm anyone. I want this project to earn some money and I want to increase the player base then we can talk into more developing of the game and so on as this goes through.

Well i think nobody can help him then;) Anyways, I think there are no complains because we all want to be smart:) I do understand him but others may not, but anyways all I wanted to say is above this short paragraph.

(''Google translator my best friend!''

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 13, 2013, 14:55:43 PM »

That is exactly the problem I have with this idea. Of course it would be a nice extra to get a little extra funding by letting cheaters 'pay for a second chance' but you can't guarantee they will get the aforementioned second chance on the servers they will play on. That would make their little 'investment' rather useless and to me that seems a bit sketchy on the ethical side.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager