Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Stability issues on mac (through Wine)  (Read 3451 times)

Offline ronski

Stability issues on mac (through Wine)
« on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 01:57:09 AM »
What is this error message, and Im not speaking about Glumito lol

While targeting to more stable client and game I'd like to bring this one in and ask what is it all about. I was playing at Hospital and when I died fps started to drop down, then I noticed error message in console and after I took the screenshot I got CE. Later I got the same issue Im getting almost every day, suddenly fps drops down all the way from 60fps to about 5fps, then game freezes, but I still can hear what is happening on server. Only way to escape it is force quit the process and join back when I have got kicked out from server.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 03:21:45 AM by ronski »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Stability issues on mac (through Wine)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 02:27:31 AM »
One way to find out whether it is a Wine limited issue is to play the game on a different OS, you could try a linux partition (many linux distributions are really small in size).

Unfortunately, as I've already told you punkbuster makes for many issues on wine, for games that otherwise might be running fine.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 02:31:49 AM by Koden »

Offline ronski

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 03:19:54 AM »
Thanks Koden for moving this to its own thread, I'll list few more issues under this topic later on when Im on them. First I thought this fps dropping down was because of my video card and ingame graphic settings, but it happens no matter do I play with maximum graphical settings or with poorest settings as possible. When I saw this error message at console it made me wonder could the reason be something else?

I haven't tried re-installations yet since I thought it was just a hardware issue. I can give it a try later today but Im going to loose my binds :( lol

Actually that is a issue, you can't backup your .ini's. If you open .ini file from client, you get the normal prompt view and you're able to edit the file but you can't copy text from it with "cmd + c" or "ctrl + c". And you are not able to find the location of the file from drive because.. well you know how it's built. 

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 08:07:09 AM »
And you are not able to find the location of the file from drive because.. well you know how it's built. 
aao25.com/support/#faq
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 08:23:30 AM »
aao25.com/support/#faq
I know where it's installed but the app is built differently than windows version, you can't get .ini files on your hands.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 08:59:27 AM »
I know where it's installed but the app is built differently than windows version, you can't get .ini files on your hands.
What do you mean? You still have the same files on your hard drive, do you not? You can still copy the file elsewhere? If not in GUI, then definitely through the commandline.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 09:30:55 AM »
What do you mean? You still have the same files on your hard drive, do you not? You can still copy the file elsewhere? If not in GUI, then definitely through the commandline.

Nope, not same files. This folder contains quite amount of hidden folders & data but I haven't found those .ini's. In windows it's peace of cake to get them. 

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 18:00:58 PM »
I use to get that all the time ron, not sure what fixed it on my end

BTW I'm getting 80 fps on that laptop I'm using, lol,

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager