Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Spawn Point Revolution  (Read 8469 times)

Offline ronski

Re: Spawn Point Revolution
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 07:58:33 AM »
Only testing can confirm anything ;)

True, is this kind of random spawning possible then?

Offline aao25.com

• View Profile
  • AA: ????
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 09:41:24 AM »
Maybe lets go 1 step at a time. See if we can get random spawns working. Then we move forward from there.

Offline Alex

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 15:10:26 PM »
Maybe lets go 1 step at a time. See if we can get random spawns working. Then we move forward from there.
We can get random spawns working. I've used them before. The question is where would they be, and what maps would they be on?

I'd also like to add that this would throw any sort of competition out the window. We cannot insure that each team plays on both sides equally, the option just doesn't exist. This would make it unfair.

Offline aao25.com

• View Profile
  • AA: ????
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 16:17:45 PM »
Its not random as in random spots on the map, the maps would stay the same, only the side you played would be random. Changing from Assault <-> Defense.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 16:36:32 PM »
Its not random as in random spots on the map, the maps would stay the same, only the side you played would be random. Changing from Assault <-> Defense.
As I understand this, there would be 2 teams - Team A and Team B. Each round it is randomly selected which one plays which side (Assault - Defense for some maps, Assault - Assault for others). As I understand the point is that you don't know where you spawn next round or what your objective is.

So the spawnpoints themselves would remain the same, the two different teams would just randomly bounce between them.

The only somewhat questionable thing is the objective - it needs to be in accordance to the spawn. I'm pretty sure SF Blizzard has something like this, though.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 17:33:13 PM »
I'm not fond of the switching between assault and defense idea. Like I said earlier, there is no way to guarantee that you spend the same amount of rounds on each side. If we did it, it would kill any sense of competition the game has. I was thinking maybe make the spawns for each team random throughout the same general area on some assault/defense maps.

So you'll have to think about whether constantly switching sides is worth losing competition. I realize we don't have much, but even scrims and friendly clan matches wouldn't be fair.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 19:03:19 PM »
It makes sense on dual assault maps though, I just don't know how to properly accomplish it on assault/defense maps.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ronski

« Reply #22 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 04:03:04 AM »
Please don't switch sides randomly,  it would only be confusing. Teams can spawn where ever but keep the objective same. Think about new players how they have no idea about the game if objective is random on every round.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #23 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 14:57:02 PM »
Objective would stay the same, teams would switch. Right now, the only practical way is doing double-assault. Urban is a perfect example.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ronski

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, September 01, 2015, 04:01:14 AM »
Quote from another topic
How were the random spawns confusing? There are only 2 spawn points on the map. We had a topic where everyone seemed to be in favor of random spawn points on dual assault maps.

The more I've played scrims the more I'm suspicious about random spawns. On public servers they would be great, but they would only mess up the tournament mode. At least it would be difficult at start, but I guess it's only a matter of time when players would get used to it, for example the mission planning round could be like 6-8mins then so both teams could make their plans from both spawn point of view.

I really have no idea how the map editor works and how much you can put options there and where ever, so just hypothetically speaking: the best way would be to put spawn points that are different depending on game mode, so on public match the spawn point would be random, but on tournament mode it would be static. Like I said I have no idea how it works, but are you able to put some code on one instance inside the map, program it's properties depending on some variable? I guess it's not possible either to have an option in adminpanel from where to click random-spawns on when they'd be available?

I would love to see random spawns in Urban Assault, Mout McKenna, Rummage and SF Sandstorm, Im sure they'd work on these maps very well, BUT - the big but - only on public servers.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, September 01, 2015, 04:12:37 AM »
While I have never worked with this version of the editor, as much as I remember from the public one, I don't believe such things were possible natively.

With some code wizardry, it might be possible, yet I'm not sure if someone's willing to do the work/research.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, September 01, 2015, 07:28:38 AM »
Don't forget monkey island to puth random spawn point and this map can handle 50 players easy.  This we talkt about  befor summer . And more objects in middle of the field to.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 01, 2015, 07:30:54 AM by Vanoke »

Offline ronski

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 01, 2015, 07:43:04 AM »
Don't forget monkey island to puth random spawn point and this map can handle 50 players easy.  This we about  befor summer .
Imagine the amount of lag with 50 players :D

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 01, 2015, 11:22:30 AM »
Imagine the amount of lag with 50 players :D
np we have good conaction in holland  200 down and 24 uplode and ping is good . Sooooooo try it make us happy,, gif us a diehard war. :) :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager