Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Slots  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Galle

Slots
« on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 06:26:57 AM »
Hello
I have been thinking for a while why the maps are limited to certain slot number. This game is old and I think that little change would do good. I dont really see anything negative about putting for example 26 slots in every map. The number of players that play any map should be controlled by server owners/admin, it is pretty easy to change from fly.

For example we play Headquaters Raid in our seke server and the open slots get full. Then players wait in spectator over 15 mins to get to play. I fell bad for them and need to change map for some other that haves more slots. Even that many would like to play HQ in that moment.

My second example is Big Clan Day. In BCD we rotate every map in this game. The event is popular and server/servers are often maxed out. It is difficult to play maps that have 16 slots like Collapsed Tunnell because the slot limition. One of the reason of BCD is to get people know and play diffrent maps they might have never even tested.

I just dont see any bad for big slots. I agree that example CT is good with 16 slots but it would be good to play it in BCD with many slots open. This should bee admins decision. It probaly dont have even that much effect because people dont play that much other than hosp or sf pipe. I would like to know if this is even possible to do and make some discussion about opening small slot maps for bigger audience.

Galle
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 06:29:35 AM by Galle »
Lasse Kukkonen, is there any better?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Slots
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 07:03:26 AM »
Yes, it is definitely possible to increase player slots on maps. This has been done many times before.

However, as you correctly stated, for maps such as CT, having more lots would not really make much sense. The maps are built to be balanced the way they are. Adding slots isn't that easy as there are generally not many places to physically fit the new spawns (so that they don't alter the overall map gameplay).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Galle

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 07:51:08 AM »
Good to know this is possible to do. You are correct that in CT there isnt that much of a space but that is in my mind the only map where  spawn space can be a little tricky. I know the maps have been designed to have certain number of players and you could still play like that even the slots would be raised. It would be admins decision to limit servers space. And last about the balance, admins are allowed to force class weapons to make maps out of balance and not how they were originally designed so why cant admins have a choice to allow more slots in maps? In many other games the slot number is controlled by server owners.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 08:26:25 AM by Galle »
Lasse Kukkonen, is there any better?

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 11:42:01 AM »
Poolday with 26 players would be awesome  :cheer: :hihih: some maps could have room for more slots but not all of them. Actually some larger maps could have more slots than 26 imo. Most of aa3 maps have more than 26 slots on it, but they may affect fps loss for some players, so they are not therefore very good picks to be played at BCD.

I like Galles idea, for example both Raid-maps and Kenna could have more slots, people usually are more than willing to join the game when some of these maps are on. 26 slots would make these maps very usable in BCD.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 18:39:37 PM »
this was discussed many times without any step further. sad but true.
now it looks like its not anymore needed to increase the slots - for whom I would ask :D
no sorry, bad joke.

increase them now to 32 each map - dosnt matter which map. admins should be able so control them. this would be awsome

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 19:26:11 PM »
Your wish is my command...

http://aao25.com/forum/slots-loadouts/

Let's open a discussion for each map, one map at a time, talking about weapon loadouts & slot placement. I don't play the game often so you guys figure out which map(s) you want done first and open a thread for them.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ronski

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 23, 2015, 05:39:38 AM »
I would start testing this increasing slots in the most popular maps, that'll show how much lag does it cause to servers where these maps are being played.

Offline ronski

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 23, 2015, 05:55:40 AM »
For example hospital, with three more slots on each team; one sniper and a couple of scopeless IF, maybe ppl with C's wouldnt go 'sniping' and two more slingshots wouldnt affect on the balance of teams.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager