Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Shoutbox content  (Read 1619 times)

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

Shoutbox content
« on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 21:33:53 PM »
I'm guessing the purpose of having the website shoutbox in the Assist client was to foster community.  But the same content on the website on the Assist client seems to be full of drama and whiny people.  Drama and complaints probably shouldn't be on the Assist client.  It gives a false impression of our community.  Well, maybe not a false one...
But it is full of useless reading because now we've made it easier for trolls and people needing support to just use the shoutbox rather than come on here and make a post.  I'm not sure what a solution would be other than to remove it, because the alternative would be to moderate it, which would be difficult to do.  Or, leave it like it is, giving new players the impression that what's left of the community is not worth considering the game.  Many people come to play the game to get away from drama.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 29, 2014, 21:40:00 PM by 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Shoutbox content
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 21:45:19 PM »
I completely agree. It's been going downhill lately. Us admins can moderate it (delete button) but we're only on so much of the time and it's not really fair to delete support requests as those people may totally quit the game if they can't get help. Maybe there needs to be a popup the first time you post in the shoutbox on Assist that tells you some basic rules. I doubt anyone would read it though.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

Re: Shoutbox content
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 01:36:36 AM »
For starters, the FORUM button in the HELP section on the Assist client probably should point to http://aao25.com/forum/assist-support/
From there they can find the other forums if needed.

If there can be a forum group associated with having permissions to post to the shoutbox, moderation can be accomplished by taking their posting priv (from shoutbox) away if it violates the rules.  You wouldn't need to moderate each post, just repeat offenders.  I dunno how that would work since it's a BT account and not an aao25.com account
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 01:44:43 AM by 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager