Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Scrimmage and Competitive League  (Read 2709 times)

Offline XtraSaltY

Scrimmage and Competitive League
« on: Monday, December 08, 2014, 04:56:14 AM »
Hey I had an idea I'd like to run by the AA Assist developers. I'd also like to mention I'm a computer science major and may be able to help with development and design.

I was wondering what it would take to implement a scrimmage finder and possibly a competitive league into the Assist app. Kind of like the old TWL tournaments but it could all be managed in the application. Wouldn't that be bad ass? There is something about competitive matches that make the game so much more intense.

Would love to know what you thing.

=.BSP.=1LT.Xtra$altY  :style:

Offline Ares

• View Profile
Re: Scrimmage and Competitive League
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 08, 2014, 05:03:35 AM »
there would be no competition, and the ones playing now would make up rules which would make any old competitive player wanna suicide. I'm game if there are atleast 10 teams signed up, and if me and bart get to make the format.

Offline raw

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 08, 2014, 05:22:45 AM »
I must say i did my 8th scrim last weekend since 2005 and now i enjoyed the "match".
Yeye...do this guys do it do it.
AA2  2005-2015
AA:PG 2015-

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 08, 2014, 05:27:56 AM »
Not to be all negative, but I'm afraid Ares is right.

We simply don't have enough of an active player base to support a tournament nowadays.
Plus, you're from the US and there is even less activity there than in the EU side.

But I know Ares has been saying he knows a bunch of people who would come back if they knew a tourny with a prize was coming.

As for helping the project, while saying you wish and/or can help is admirable, we can't just accept anyone's help.
You need to prove yourself as a person as well as an asset to the team in order to be considered.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager