YES
75 (71.4%)
No
17 (16.2%)
Suggestion  Make RPG  to pso  And the sniper to Vintores
13 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 15:27:11 PM

Author Topic: RPG is not fun in Hospital take it out Wake up Assist  (Read 31765 times)

Offline Timbuctoo

Re: RPG is not fun in Hospital take it out Wake up Assist
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 05:43:29 AM »
Balance noobs, balance.
All this was debated many many years ago and it all comes down to balance,
The way to counter the rpg spam was .......the 203,
The way to counter the 203 spam was to time aim 203's to known hot spots and/or avoid/go another route.
There was BALANCE, and the ONLY people that moaned and whined....were the ppl that lacked the intelligence to figure this out for themselves in the lead up to 203's being banished.
Everything on this map was as it was for a perfect reason, BALANCE.
You take something out, something has to give somewhere else, and now you noobs are dicing with nature and never finding that balance....
As a result the map right now is not as enjoyable as it once was, we like to play with guns, all types of damn guns, we like to blow shit up, that's why we're here!
And you're taking things OUT of the game....to serve what purpose?
To improve YOUR chances of winning? Truth be known then yes exactly that.
Certainly not to IMPROVE the map, the map was perfect, 203's or rpg's didn't scare everybody away from a decade ago when we had more than a dozen hospital maps up and running at any given time, no it wasn't that.....
Stop screwing around with nature, put the map back to the way it SHOULD be, as it was before you started messing with it, BALANCE.
Your lacking the ability to improve under the ORIGINAL circumstances that sf hospital brings, is YOUR problem, not the rpg and not the 203. stop blaming the tools you look like bad workmen.
If you want to do the right thing, for the map, for the ppl that play the map, and maybe give it some hope of retaining NEW players whenever they stumble across it,
Then put everything back, give them toys to play with that's why they're here after all right!
Not getting lumbered with an ak and 2 flashes because they're too low honor to get anything else.
Put some grenades in there too, let's start blowing shit up if you MUST screw with nature,
This isn't real life military, I've been there done that got the t-shirt, this is GAMING, get the fucking toys out and lets play not bitch and whine and take things OUT because we suck so hard we can't adapt.
YOU,......WE are the few, ........The MANY....are out there playing other games with TOYS, lots and lots of toys, they're not going to be swapping bf2 for aaops to get their asses pre-fired as soon as they run round corners anytime soon.
Stop manipulating the game, put it back to the way it was, the way it was meant to be, the way that made it the most popular map in the game and for a reason.
Noobs.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #31 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 18:00:37 PM »
Only 1 day to go !!,  attention assist would be nice to make thinks ready if ther is sombuddy that reacting to I think a serius vote that telling this game need changes, In this case its Hospital that needs to make a change to the good way of game fun and good play grownd the  vote is as you see  82 aganst rpg and 14 that like this gameplay.
Worst case ther is no reaction ad all to the players , sec. change no change becose they will say ther was a vote in the past and we can`t change every time all maps.
3e way is they do a little change and I think allot players are happy and thats were we are here for ,make a change and try to get the best, rpg was not the best like you did see. 2.5 stand up its good gameing. 

Offline Ganja

« Reply #32 on: Friday, October 14, 2016, 20:08:46 PM »

Not sure what this actually means though. The votes have always been weird IMO
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 10:02:43 AM by Ganja »

Offline Robert

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 16:03:13 PM »
I hope this is not a cargoship whitout a Captain ! 

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, October 20, 2016, 06:34:12 AM »
I think 90% of players annoyingly play with RPG.
Really is supremely Time to restore a version of the 203!

I believe that if more play and that players will be happy to give them back the best version for hospital

Bok

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #36 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 12:53:27 PM »
It seems to be working very well and the amount of warnings cant definitely be reduced, five is just perfect - like in any other violation warning. How about the punkbuster ban time, is there any way to change it from one hour to 5 or 15 minutes for example, or is it another hard coded value?

i have found some variable's in HackHunter v3.5 im not sure if assist removed these variables or not in the version they are using but in this version these variable are set to be used through an ini file.

Code Snippet From U.uc in HackHunter.u:
Code: [Select]
var config int spawnprotectiontime;
var config int banminute;
var config int banhour;
var config int banday;
var config int banweek;

var config int maxwarnings;

function KickBan(string reason, PlayerReplicationInfo PRI)
{
local string BanStringname;
local string BanStringip;
local PlayerController PC;

Log("Banned Name="$ PRI.PlayerName $" Reason="$ reason,'Hack Hunter');
hackhunterlog("Banned Name="$PRI.PlayerName$" Reason="$reason);

BanStringname = PRI.PlayerName;
    BanStringip = PlayerController(PRI.GetController()).GetPlayerNetworkAddress();
    BanStringip = Mid(BanStringip,0,InStr(BanStringip,":"));

foreach DynamicActors(class'PlayerController', PC)
{
HumanController(PC).NotifyAdminMessage(PRI.PlayerName$" is banned! Reason: "$reason);
}

if(bdoban)
{
Level.Game.AccessControl.AddBanee(BanStringip,"IP",banweek,banday,banhour,banminute,PRI.PlayerName);
Level.Game.AccessControl.AddBanee(BanStringname,"Name",banweek,banday,banhour,banminute,PRI.PlayerName);
Level.Game.AccessControl.BanListSave();
if(myprivatebanid != "")
{
sendit("security="$myprivatebanid$"&name="$BanStringname$"&ip="$BanStringip$"&reason="$reason$"&Guid="$PlayerDataGUID[Getplayer(PRI)]);
}
}

if(bdokick)
{
PlayerController(PRI.Getcontroller()).ClientOpenMap("Leavenworth.aao");
}
}

function Dowarning(string reason, PlayerReplicationInfo PRI)
{
local int nr;

nr = Getplayer(PRI);

if (nr == -1)
  {
    return;
  }
PlayerDataiwarning[nr] += 1;

Log("warning Name="$ PRI.PlayerName $" Reason="$ reason,'Hack Hunter');
hackhunterlog("warning Name="$PRI.PlayerName$" Reason="$reason);

{
HumanController(PC).NotifyAdminMessage(PRI.PlayerName$" recieved a warning. Reason: "$reason);

if(PRI.PlayerName ~= PC.PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName)
{
HumanController(PC).ClientGlobalCameraScreenShake(10,800);
HumanController(PC).NotifyAdminMessage("You got a warning ("$PlayerDataiwarning[nr]$"). Reason: "$reason);
}
}

if ( PlayerDataiwarning[nr] >= maxwarnings)
{
KickBan(reason, PRI);
PlayerDataiwarning[nr] = 0;
}
}

So you could try something like this in the HackHunter.ini:
Under: [HackHunter.U]
Add: banminute=5
Add: banhour=0
Add: maxwarnings=3

Example:
[HackHunter.U]
bping=False
iallowedping=999
bdorestartmap=false
SpamProtectTimeNades=0
SpamProtectTime203=0
DropShotProtection=False
banminute=5
banhour=0
maxwarnings=3

I am not sure if this will work or not as im not sure what Assist changed in their version of the HackHunter.u but its worth a try.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 30, 2016, 12:59:00 PM by LEEFFM »

Offline ronski

« Reply #37 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 13:26:00 PM »
i have found some variable's in HackHunter v3.5 im not sure if assist removed these variables or not in the version they are using but in this version these variable are set to be used through an ini file.

Code Snippet From U.uc in HackHunter.u:
var config int spawnprotectiontime;
var config int banminute;
var config int banhour;
var config int banday;
var config int banweek;

var config int maxwarnings;

function KickBan(string reason, PlayerReplicationInfo PRI)
{
local string BanStringname;
local string BanStringip;

Log("Banned Name="$ PRI.PlayerName $" Reason="$ reason,'Hack Hunter');
hackhunterlog("Banned Name="$PRI.PlayerName$" Reason="$reason);

BanStringname = PRI.PlayerName;
    BanStringip = PlayerController(PRI.GetController()).GetPlayerNetworkAddress();
    BanStringip = Mid(BanStringip,0,InStr(BanStringip,":"));

{
HumanController(PC).NotifyAdminMessage(PRI.PlayerName$" is banned! Reason: "$reason);
}

if(bdoban)
{
Level.Game.AccessControl.AddBanee(BanStringip,"IP",banweek,banday,banhour,banminute,PRI.PlayerName);
Level.Game.AccessControl.AddBanee(BanStringname,"Name",banweek,banday,banhour,banminute,PRI.PlayerName);
Level.Game.AccessControl.BanListSave();
if(myprivatebanid != "")
{
sendit("security="$myprivatebanid$"&name="$BanStringname$"&ip="$BanStringip$"&reason="$reason$"&Guid="$PlayerDataGUID[Getplayer(PRI)]);
}
}

if(bdokick)
{
PlayerController(PRI.Getcontroller()).ClientOpenMap("Leavenworth.aao");
}
}

function Dowarning(string reason, PlayerReplicationInfo PRI)
{
local int nr;

nr = Getplayer(PRI);

if (nr == -1)
  {
    return;
  }
PlayerDataiwarning[nr] += 1;

Log("warning Name="$ PRI.PlayerName $" Reason="$ reason,'Hack Hunter');
hackhunterlog("warning Name="$PRI.PlayerName$" Reason="$reason);

{
HumanController(PC).NotifyAdminMessage(PRI.PlayerName$" recieved a warning. Reason: "$reason);

if(PRI.PlayerName ~= PC.PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName)
{
HumanController(PC).ClientGlobalCameraScreenShake(10,800);
HumanController(PC).NotifyAdminMessage("You got a warning ("$PlayerDataiwarning[nr]$"). Reason: "$reason);
}
}

if ( PlayerDataiwarning[nr] >= maxwarnings)
{
KickBan(reason, PRI);
PlayerDataiwarning[nr] = 0;
}
}

So you could try something like this in the HackHunter.ini:
Under: [HackHunter.U]
Add: banminute=5
Add: banhour=0
Add: maxwarnings=3

Example:
[HackHunter.U]
bping=False
iallowedping=999
bdorestartmap=false
SpamProtectTimeNades=0
SpamProtectTime203=0
DropShotProtection=False
banminute=5
banhour=0
maxwarnings=3

I am not sure if this will work or not as im not sure what Assist changed in their version of the HackHunter.u but its worth a try.
if there's such variables in use in v3.5, it would be pretty silly if those would be overwritten by Assist. Something about 5-15minute ban would be good penalty imo of breaking a simple rule after five given warning ( or four to be precise, fifth will result a ban ).

btw you're doing great work, thanks :)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #38 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 13:31:13 PM »
I left only the Ping feature configurable, with the DropShot/Anti-Spam additions these might be the only ones working: Unless ELiZ changed all them back.
bping=False
iallowedping=999
bdorestartmap=false
SpamProtectTimeNades=0
SpamProtectTime203=0
DropShotProtection=False
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #39 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 13:40:35 PM »
I left only the Ping feature configurable, with the DropShot/Anti-Spam additions these might be the only ones working: Unless ELiZ changed all them back.
bping=False
iallowedping=999
bdorestartmap=false
SpamProtectTimeNades=0
SpamProtectTime203=0
DropShotProtection=False

So what your saying is to beable to edit the Variables for changing the ban time in the ini file you would just have to add "config" after variable?

In that case if you would make those variables configurable again it should be as easy as editing them in the ini file as i posted above.

I assume since you made it so they were not configurable that you added the value for those variables in the default properties? if so i would recommend leaving the variables in the default properties and making the variables configurable, the ini file should override the default properties. So you could leave the variable out of the ini and the variable values would default to what you have in the default properties and if server admin wanted to change it they would just have to add the variables to the ini.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 13:48:12 PM »
They were configurable values, I turned them into fixed values(by DefaultProp.) and left only the Ping feature configurable. So you cannot change these values by adding lines to the .ini, "only" recompiling the whole mod.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #41 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 13:54:21 PM »
They were configurable values, I turned them into fixed values(by DefaultProp.) and left only the Ping feature configurable. So you cannot change these values by adding lines to the .ini, "only" recompiling the whole mod.

Actually ini should beable to override variables in the Default Properties as long as they are defined as "var config" i have done it with my version of the UltimateMod http://aao25.com/forum/games-programming/ultimatemod-v1-1-release!/

i havent used my ultimatemod in awhile but i thought i tested that before and it worked but i could be mistaken.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 14:15:32 PM »
They aren't defined* as "config", I removed this, thats why adding the vars to the .ini don't work. :)
« Last Edit: Friday, December 30, 2016, 14:20:16 PM by Possessed »

Offline ronski

« Reply #43 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 14:17:55 PM »
add
possessedIsKing=true
and you get what you want ;)

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #44 on: Friday, December 30, 2016, 14:20:28 PM »
They aren't define as "config", I removed this, thats why adding the vars to the .ini don't work. :)

haha ok, so simply put if server admins want to beable to change bantime in the ini the variables have to be made configurable.

So anyone who want to beable to do this has to ask Possessed to make the variables configurable again :P

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager