YES
75 (71.4%)
No
17 (16.2%)
Suggestion  Make RPG  to pso  And the sniper to Vintores
13 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: Sunday, October 16, 2016, 15:27:11 PM

Author Topic: RPG is not fun in Hospital take it out Wake up Assist  (Read 31757 times)

Offline ronski

Re: RPG is not fun in Hospital take it out Wake up Assist
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 03:10:48 AM »
Unless I'm blind or dumb (which is possible) I don't see that option anywhere in Assist or Assist's various UScript files' settings. Must be something they added, which should make it a cheat or untracked server, at least I think...
I tested it again and spamprotecttime203=30 does the trick and it's now set to IGC server, however there's 5 warning count before it will result a kick, is there any way to reset the amount by yourself? Found some conversation about sketch of the function there's now in use:

This might be a function that might be used to detect Early 203(or GP).
Code: [Select]
Function Spamprotect()
{
local Projectile DisableProj;

foreach Level.DynamicActors(Class'Projectile',DisableProj)
{
if ( (DisableProj.Instigator == None) || (DisableProj.Instigator.PlayerReplicationInfo == None) || (DisableProj.Damage == 0) )
{
continue;
}
else
{
DisableProj.Damaage = 0.0;
DoWarning("203 Shot at spawn", p);
}
}
}

Not tested the code, but I think it might work without much change.
Might have to check class of the projectile to be accurate. But if we merge the two, we should be able to add an optional(Server Owner) spawn protection.

So question is if we should add it, and what punishment, at the moment it just makes the projectile and grenade to cause no injury.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 03:28:56 AM by ronski »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 12:43:43 PM »
I tested it again and spamprotecttime203=30 does the trick and it's now set to IGC server
I was wondering about that but I couldn't find any example in the code of exactly what the 203 protection does. If it just looks for 203 or all projectiles. I tried it on a server (all 3 protections) and ended up with no protection. Weird.

Anyway, I don't see an option to change the number of violations before a kick. Seems like I don't have the latest version of the source code for HackHunter (the mod that does this) so I don't know if Possessed could change that hard-coded setting into a .ini variable or not.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ronski

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 14:35:53 PM »
It seems to be working very well and the amount of warnings cant definitely be reduced, five is just perfect - like in any other violation warning. How about the punkbuster ban time, is there any way to change it from one hour to 5 or 15 minutes for example, or is it another hard coded value?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 17:13:45 PM »
It seems to be working very well and the amount of warnings cant definitely be reduced, five is just perfect - like in any other violation warning. How about the punkbuster ban time, is there any way to change it from one hour to 5 or 15 minutes for example, or is it another hard coded value?
I have no idea where that might be located but all hard-coded values can be changed to an .ini setting.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 18:43:19 PM »
Its weard hey that clans must puth in a mod ore a change by closing slots in server to stop rpg. so far I see in this poll people shout clearly that rpg is not ther wish. Hope the reaction to those voters will be correct.  and we not only must look trough a glass plate waiting till something happened.   21-09-2016  I see 26 for and 6 aganst
Looks like a honest poll this time.  ( FEELINGS)  :censored:

Offline ronski

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 18:44:33 PM »
I have no idea where that might be located but all hard-coded values can be changed to an .ini setting.
Do you mean that there's no option for it yet, but it could be made to be possible that you could kind of introduce a variable and value for it at ini file and use that as global variable inside the function? Or is it something server based custom configuration where serveradmin would edit uscript file to change the value from hardcoded to variable?

Offline ronski

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 18:54:13 PM »
Its weard hey that clans must puth in a mod ore a change by closing slots in server to stop rpg. so far I see in this poll people shout clearly that rpg is not ther wish. Hope the reaction to those voters will be correct.  and we not only must look trough a glass plate waiting till something happened.   21-09-2016  I see 26 for and 6 aganst
So back in the day when the end result was opposite and RPG was added - more people voted than in any of following polls - it wasn't a honest poll? Because you're not happy with the voted result it doesn't make your poll more honest than the first one. There's the diffference that the other was official poll where you were able to cast your vote for weeks or couple of months and this one is yet another poll made by someone who wants to get rid of it and it's hasnt been around long enough to be able to read any kind of conclusions out of it

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 19:11:34 PM »

This has been voted on b4 to have it removed,  but assist decided not to make that change after the vote was done
With the spam protection in place  no need to get rid of it
I think it works very well now other than people crying about being ban for it lol
Guess u need that spam protection in many languages since they don't understand ENGLISH

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 19:47:53 PM »
Do you mean that there's no option for it yet, but it could be made to be possible that you could kind of introduce a variable and value for it at ini file and use that as global variable inside the function? Or is it something server based custom configuration where serveradmin would edit uscript file to change the value from hardcoded to variable?
You're correct in your first thought.

Offline ronski

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 02:07:30 AM »
You're correct in your first thought.
"why aren't you coding it already"

cool if we're about to have the feature available some day :) would it affect on other violation shortbans such as excessive prone shooting etc as well or do they have their own functions to execute the ban?

btw:
I was wondering about that but I couldn't find any example in the code of exactly what the 203 protection does. If it just looks for 203 or all projectiles. I tried it on a server (all 3 protections) and ended up with no protection. Weird.
I tried them as well when the subject was on discuss previous time, ended up with no protection. Unlike earlier, this time I joined the server without admin privileges and found out it really works. I hope there simply was something wrong in my configs back then, better than the protection would affect only on players with no admin privileges. I'll give it a try today to confirm it has no privilege bug which would cause unfair situation in use

This has been voted on b4 to have it removed,  but assist decided not to make that change after the vote was done
With the spam protection in place  no need to get rid of it
I think it works very well now other than people crying about being ban for it lol
Guess u need that spam protection in many languages since they don't understand ENGLISH
The way I see it, early spam was the major problem with the big–ass gun. It's interesting to see if spam protection will change the concern around the RPG. Of course people got used to it that you're able to spam with it and it must be confusing when it's not allowed anymore from all of a sudden. Let's add server message to inform about the rule, that for now five early spam warnings will result you a one hour ban automatically. We could also reduce protection time from 30seconds to 20seconds, it's enough for people to take cover from spam

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 02:36:02 AM »
"why aren't you coding it already"

cool if we're about to have the feature available some day :) would it affect on other violation shortbans such as excessive prone shooting etc as well or do they have their own functions to execute the ban?
As far as I know (at least with the current setup), the counter is universal.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 04:08:51 AM »
tested it out and it was no privilege bug, you get warnings if you fire during determined period no matter do you have admin rights or not.

Noticed as well that once you enable spam protection at your server it will notify automatically every player who will join the server about the setting, once you join, the server will inform you about the setting and the time how long you have to hold your ROE trigger. This notification is seen at console right after the row where your joining information is standing.

IGC has now server message pointing updated rule out, hopefully now the rule is seen. Realised again how important it is to use servermessage.cfg with correct encoding, needed to restart the server like ten times to get it working right lol

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 12:50:50 PM »

IGC has now server message pointing updated rule out, hopefully now the rule is seen. Realised again how important it is to use servermessage.cfg with correct encoding, needed to restart the server like ten times to get it working right lol
Trial and error much? :P

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 13:02:46 PM »
do you atleast ADMIN PB_SV_RESTART?
OR
do you atleast ADMIN PB_SV_TASKEMPTY?
do you atleast ADMIN PB_SV_LOAD ServerMessage.cfg?

« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 13:05:43 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline ronski

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, 13:24:53 PM »
nah, I needed to edit it by hand at my computer because webedit will mess up the encoding, then after deleting and uploading new version of it I just restarted the server, didn't know you could refresh the file with command :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager