Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Revive option added as in AAPG?  (Read 5598 times)

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

Revive option added as in AAPG?
« on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 14:12:34 PM »
I really like the revive features in AAPG. It gives realistic input in the game and the feature give's different strategy components. I know it's difficult to code without a source but it doesn't have to be fancy. I'm not sure if you guys capable of doing but it definitely would input a great strategy points in the game, even if you would take 2.8 revive option, I liked it because there were certain parts where you had to heal. Being medic is a strong role to play and I thought of adding this so the game has something new to offer since the average player base now dropped to about 50 - 60 people a day. Maybe it if was just a simple Bar that makes progress to revive someone.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Revive option added as in AAPG?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 15:05:39 PM »
Seems like something master-coder ELiZ could do :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 20:23:43 PM »
Shouldn't be hard i believe :)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 25, 2015, 21:19:12 PM »
yes, this would be a boost I guess for aa2.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 05:47:53 AM »
I dont like it in AAPG though, mainly because most players just blindly go for revives while others waiting for people to revive to get 2 kills.

But maybe that's just me personally, I prefer dead people to stay dead :)

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 14:53:55 PM »
I dont like it in AAPG though, mainly because most players just blindly go for revives while others waiting for people to revive to get 2 kills.

I like it because it makes it much harder for one player to just camp to win a round. When the other team can revive their guys you really can't just sit in a corner.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 15:28:51 PM »
I like it because it makes it much harder for one player to just camp to win a round. When the other team can revive their guys you really can't just sit in a corner.

+1

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 16:06:28 PM »
Well, if you sit in a corner and kill everyone who comes around the corner, how would the enemy revive them without killing you first?
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 16:11:32 PM »
Well, if you sit in a corner and kill everyone who comes around the corner, how would the enemy revive them without killing you first?
Throw a smoke and nade and revive. Plus, you don't have to be on top of their body to revive. in other words, no matter how many they kill, if they don't move to secure them your team can keep reviving them (until after 2 revives I think).

Offline Bart!

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 16:47:57 PM »
That happens sometimes as well. And that's what I do like of the revives, at least it stops the 1 spot campers.

But most pub matches I see is with a lot of body campers, and people going for revives blindlessly, people making same mistakes and still getting rewarded. Can't secure them either when people are just watching that.

When I play agressive but are last, and I kill one, and actually rotate instead of going to the obvious position, as soon as Im at the other side people are getting revived.
I don't know why, maybe it's different on NA side, but at the EU side in pub servers it's horrible to see how many players play when there are revives.

But I must admit, I mainly play no revive when possible, also in competition revives were taken away.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 18:58:56 PM »

That's the way it should be, once dead ur dead no coming back

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 26, 2015, 19:25:45 PM »
That's the way it should be, once dead ur dead no coming back

But if you are shot and not dead, the soldier will still keep fighting after medic has helped him in a heat of fire.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 00:54:36 AM »
But if you are shot and not dead, the soldier will still keep fighting after medic has helped him in a heat of fire.
No. In reality, if you're shot, you're shot. People are not rambos and will not keep running around when their legs are shot or holding a gun with a bullet in the sholder or hand even if a medic treats them.

But this is a game so it's OK to be shot and run around :)

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 01:17:58 AM »
Any wound from a bullet is going to scare the shit out of you if you haven't been shot before. It's entirely possible to go into shock or just have extremely dulled senses. Depending on where you're shot, your physical abilities will be lessened.

I've always thought that adding screen overlays that narrow your FOV or blur the screen would be a good way of adding realism. You don't just get hit in the foot/leg with a bullet and keep fighting like nothing happened.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 01:49:10 AM »
Yeah, I loved Operation Flashpoint where if you got hit in the legs you had to crawl and if you got hit in the hand your weapons swayed like a swing :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager