Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Reduse Sound running ore staps distance If possible  (Read 6145 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Reduse Sound running ore staps distance If possible
« on: Wednesday, March 04, 2015, 16:24:06 PM »
Its to crasy that alot players can hear the other site of the map.
Is it not possible  that you can hear footstaps ore running 30 meter ore 40  ore ?? what is best ?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Reduse Sound running ore staps distance If possible
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2015, 16:39:20 PM »
You do have a good point.
In real life you don't hear your neigbour across the street open his bathroom door. It just doesn't happen.

However, I'm not sure if it could be changed in a good way nor whether it should be changed.
It's always been a part of the game and IMHO it adds another dimension to it.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2015, 17:20:33 PM »
The sound is one of the things I love about AA. There is not a single shooter that has this quality of sound. There are many maps with extra background noises so that you can't hear enemies as good. Changing the sound would change the gameplay a lot.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 04, 2015, 18:13:09 PM »
I used to hear miles away if they reloaded,pulled a nade out open a door etc. Not now :( big advantage if you hear like that. You see people when your dead just listning waiing and then flashing knoew hes there. In real life one would hear you sneal up, not a chance.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 05, 2015, 11:44:44 AM »
You do have a good point.
In real life you don't hear your neigbour across the street open his bathroom door. It just doesn't happen.

However, I'm not sure if it could be changed in a good way nor whether it should be changed.
It's always been a part of the game and IMHO it adds another dimension to it.

I hope they will look to it ,  People can say it belongs to aa army game but its a unrealistic situation. on alot maps. 
It clearly ruined the game for many players, They say 1- Gosting , 2 -How duss he know that 3-  He waits till i am running than he popup to shoot me 4- You know everytime from were i come not fun!! 
Exemple  border map played out mainly on sandy soil and still know a lot of sound players were opponents go north or south, or in the middle.
I know in my sound  perception  i hear distance from around 25 meter what i think is accapteble.

I think if possible : Here lies a challenge to improve realistic FPS.
maybe a different sound for the run and walk which can not be strengthened.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 05, 2015, 12:40:44 PM »
This is actually the problem in AA:PG atm, that it is not possible to hear past a small distance, making the game totally random.

You want them not to hear you? then don't run like a madman, but use slowmovement.

The fact that everything can be heard except for slow quite movements brings depth to the game, if you want to run on soil making lots of sound? Ok, do it, but then accept the fact that they can easily hear it.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 05, 2015, 12:53:16 PM »
I hope they will look to it ,  People can say it belongs to aa army game but its a unrealistic situation. on alot maps. 
It clearly ruined the game for many players, They say 1- Gosting , 2 -How duss he know that 3-  He waits till i am running than he popup to shoot me 4- You know everytime from were i come not fun!! 
Exemple  border map played out mainly on sandy soil and still know a lot of sound players were opponents go north or south, or in the middle.
I know in my sound  perception  i hear distance from around 25 meter what i think is accapteble.

I think if possible : Here lies a challenge to improve realistic FPS.
maybe a different sound for the run and walk which can not be strengthened.

A lot of players don't use the sound correctly, or don't pay attention to it.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 05, 2015, 13:12:58 PM »
This is actually the problem in AA:PG atm, that it is not possible to hear past a small distance, making the game totally random.

You want them not to hear you? then don't run like a madman, but use slowmovement.

The fact that everything can be heard except for slow quite movements brings depth to the game, if you want to run on soil making lots of sound? Ok, do it, but then accept the fact that they can easily hear it.
Its normal to run in game its not normal that a like ganja say " little sound group" can hear the total field.
Must we set the game time to 15 minuts becose we must be silence  stap by step ore crowl to the other site.

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 05, 2015, 14:19:01 PM »
Na we have to keep the sound the way it is or all the sound whores/campers will leave.

Not all added depth is good, especially not this. It makes good sound a must to even be decent. it also makes a gaming sound card a ridiculous advantage. It's a joke when you have people just sitting in rooms listening for when someone walks in. It just makes camping even easier.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 05, 2015, 14:32:37 PM »
Na we have to keep the sound the way it is or all the sound whores/campers will leave.
Not all added depth is good, especially not this. It makes good sound a must to even be decent. it also makes a gaming sound card a ridiculous advantage. It's a joke when you have people just sitting in rooms listening for when someone walks in. It just makes camping even easier.
Well to be honest, when I had my gaming rig and an X-Fi soundcard, it encouraged me to move around. I could here where the enemy is and then go to him and kill him or die trying :D

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 05, 2015, 16:06:35 PM »

I don't think a good soundcard gives you such a big advantage. For sure you'll hear more/further, but what's the use of it ... There's no need to hear from spawn to spawn. I guess my soundcard is normal, my headset is normal and I can still hear a lot, not miles away, but just when it's close enough to be taken into consideration. and people always ask me if I have Xfi or whatever, but like I said, I don't think a lot of players use sound as much as it could be used

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 05, 2015, 16:37:31 PM »
Look, you can start changing the sounds, what's next? Change the contrast in maps for gamers with more expensive screens? Change the mouse imput lag for gamers with an expensive mouse?

You really don't need an expensive soundcard or an expensive headset to hear well in this game. I'm using my onboard soundcard and my Xbox One headset, and I can hear just as good as a few  years ago, when I was using much more expensive hardware.

I've been back for a month now, playing every day, I really don't see people complaining about ghosting. The truth is, some gamers just don't pay as much attention to sound.

I say, if you want to play AA with crappy sound, go play AA:PG  :D

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 05, 2015, 16:55:06 PM »
The threads not about the guys who dont payattention to sound. Its about the ones that do.

Come and tell how to enhance or set the sound Ganja. :)
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 05, 2015, 17:29:56 PM »
I don't think a good soundcard gives you such a big advantage. For sure you'll hear more/further, but what's the use of it ... There's no need to hear from spawn to spawn. I guess my soundcard is normal, my headset is normal and I can still hear a lot, not miles away, but just when it's close enough to be taken into consideration. and people always ask me if I have Xfi or whatever, but like I said, I don't think a lot of players use sound as much as it could be used
It had a HUGE difference back in the day, at least for me. I know I could hear VASTLY better with X-Fi.

I guess nowadays onboard cards might just be better than they were 8 years ago... Or it could be that X-Fi just emphesizes what you need to listen for and you learn to listen for it even if it doesn't stand out that clearlym, I dont know really.

But all in all you're right, X-Fi doesn't make the game produce more sounds or make it produce sounds further away. The game has set limits for this. From what I know, what X-Fi did was post-processing of a sort.

The threads not about the guys who dont payattention to sound. Its about the ones that do.

Come and tell how to enhance or set the sound Ganja. :)
It's not really about setting anything usually (although you can use different equalizer settings), it's about paying attention to what you're hearing. Hearing a click here and another there, then a player on gravel and on rock after that. You need to listed and connect the dots.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, March 05, 2015, 18:13:49 PM »
I pay attention to what I hear. I dont hear what I used to in the old versoin 2.8 or what ever it was. No where near the distance I used to hear. I heard them running inside the tower from Middle. Now I cant here them on the ladder when were both at the middle. Huge advantage distance gearing.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager