Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Would you allow re-enabling dropshots in IC?

Yes!
23 (25%)
Yes, but ONLY if server admin can disable them in their server through server manager
15 (16.3%)
No way.
54 (58.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 10:25:10 AM

Author Topic: Re-enable 203 dropshots in Insurgent Camp  (Read 5751 times)

Offline Pipez0r

Re-enable 203 dropshots in Insurgent Camp
« on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 10:25:10 AM »
203 dropshots used to be part of Insurgent Camp and I personally miss them very much. I know some people dont like spamming, but some like or at least accept it.

Now I would like to know how many would like them or even allow them with a condition, and also that would it be possible for the assist developers to re-enable it?

Edit: I think its fair that those who dont like dropshots, can disable them in assist manager.. but I think its unfair I cannot enable them with my server.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 10:38:05 AM by Pipez0r »

Offline Ganja

Re: Re-enable 203 dropshots in Insurgent Camp
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 10:41:58 AM »
This game is going nuts. People can't rely on their ai anymore.

Dropshots on Insurgent Camp would be way too easy for defence, that has already a big advantage

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 11:25:44 AM »
Well, dropshots didnt cause problems when they existed. And I think it should be server admin who decides if they want it or not.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 11:34:23 AM »
It's a question of map design. I suppose the map "ceiling" would have to a lot higher.

With that said, I don't really see how this would add to the game/map.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 11:40:09 AM »
Its interesting how it was taken away from different maps. For example Pipeline has invisible wall on the rooftop, and in IC, 203 nade doesnt sound nor look like blowing up but kind of disappears. Oh good old times when it was possible to dropshoot both in pipe and ic..

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »
It's a question of map design. I suppose the map "ceiling" would have to a lot higher.

With that said, I don't really see how this would add to the game/map.

Well assault wouldnt have any cover at all. Now they can take their time and wait a bit behind hills, but if you know one dropshot behind every hill of the map, I don't see how assault can win ? All they could do is rush to the doors as fast as they can.

Clearly the idea of adding dropshots is coming from a defence-player since this wouln't add any advantage for assault.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 12:07:59 PM »
I play 99% in assault team in IC. I cant do much if I play def ^^

Offline Ganja

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 13:26:45 PM »
I play 99% in assault team in IC. I cant do much if I play def ^^

Why do you want dropshots then?

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 13:32:49 PM »
Because of that one percent playing def, and because of those people who have told me they wish it would still exist and because ofthe dropshot into that broken room through that hole, and to south staircase ^^ dropshots are awesome :) I like to practise for them and then know them.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 14:28:45 PM »
Because of that one percent playing def, and because of those people who have told me they wish it would still exist and because ofthe dropshot into that broken room through that hole, and to south staircase ^^ dropshots are awesome :) I like to practise for them and then know them.

Making a poll, not for yourself, but for others, sure ;)

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 14:34:36 PM »
Of course for myself also ^^ but because Ive heard others opinions about it also, it gave some more motivation for this. Also I remember those old timers long time ago who were disappointed with devs who disabled the dropshots (as well as they changed the power of nades to be about the same than some new year rockets.)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 14:44:08 PM »
Well my advice is: Don't change a map that's already much easier on one side, to the favor of the easier side itself

Offline JunK

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 17:51:35 PM »
Keep the game how it was, thats my opinion

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 00:57:26 AM »
I seriously doubt you'd ever hit the south stairwell with a dropshot in a live game... The 203 just isn't that accurate and even if it were, there's nothing to "aim for" to make it happen.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 17, 2015, 02:15:41 AM »
Some people knew that shot. Of course it failed many times, usually because of those boards. I knew only dropshots to center roof and rooftop, have forgotten everything since it was so long time ago and I used compass as help also.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager