Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Prown warning 0 - 05 - 1  (Read 4480 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Prown warning 0 - 05 - 1
« on: Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 16:03:08 PM »
Is it not possible that we admins self can  set Prown warning  to a lower level ore out and on.
Really terrible game spoiling, especially on game whit a openfield you have a lot more to do with it  than when you walk upright in other maps. One of the defense technique is to dive behind a low hillock. And often in reaction do you shoot as quickly as possible. That moment is so finely tuned that  Prown warning appears frequently, and it ends you game becose too long shivering.
This problem has been spoiling gameplay and therefore I would like to ask   this in order to give the players a more reality game play to folders with a flat playing field.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Prown warning 0 - 05 - 1
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 16:13:45 PM »
It's an exploit. That's why it's not allowed and had that shake punishing it.

I really don't see a reason to remove it.
If you're used to shooting while going prone (which, like I said, is a bug) and the effect bothers you, maybe you should learn to not do it?
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Bart!

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 16:15:24 PM »
It's an exploit. That's why it's not allowed and had that shake punishing it.

I really don't see a reason to remove it.
If you're used to shooting while going prone (which, like I said, is a bug) and the effect bothers you, maybe you should learn to not do it?
I actually do see Vanoke's point, sometimes it happens when you just go to prone, or are just not proning yet, which is terribly  annoying.

However, I do not see how we could change the values of this, maybe if there's a possibility, it could be changed to just not trigger this warning when you are just a few ms going into prone or a few ms away of being prone, but I do not think there is a way to do that.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 16:20:07 PM »
I actually do see Vanoke's point, sometimes it happens when you just go to prone, or are just not proning yet, which is terribly  annoying.

However, I do not see how we could change the values of this, maybe if there's a possibility, it could be changed to just not trigger this warning when you are just a few ms going into prone or a few ms away of being prone, but I do not think there is a way to do that.
Well, the only place I see this happening is if you start shooing while not prone and then start going prone before the last bullet of the burst is gone and you get this message.
In other cases, it still feels to me you're trying to shoot while going prone. And like you said, shaving milliseconds off from each side would probably not be too easy, if doable at all.

Knowing ELiZ, he might even be able to code it so the shots just wouldn't register when going prone.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 16:28:33 PM »
I aso  did get prown warning starting running and puth silencer on gun if you do that to fast.
I see players get 5 prown warning  behind each other  ore 2 ore 3  and than thay say what did i do so
the question is can assist make it a little better for the gamer.  and i hope that  the admins self can chance the best setting for the map.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 18:27:30 PM »
I dont have any thing to do with cheating ever and it happens to me. So how can it be an exploit? I never adjusted anything in game ever dont know how to or care how to.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 18:45:08 PM »
Its very easy to trigger, but it was abused alot in the past. 99% even back then did it unwillingly but ofc you still have that small percentage that abused it, they made it illegal to do in various leagues/tourneys

Offline Ganja

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 19:11:25 PM »
You can always learn not to do it.

The only annoying moment for me is when you go prone, wait half a second and then shoot and still got the shaking :D

Offline Mixk

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 02, 2015, 00:08:26 AM »

The only annoying moment for me is when you go prone, wait half a second and then shoot and still got the shaking :D
lol You mean there is others this has happened to?
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 02, 2015, 01:05:09 AM »
I aso  did get prown warning starting running and puth silencer on gun if you do that to fast.
I see players get 5 prown warning  behind each other  ore 2 ore 3  and than thay say what did i do so
the question is can assist make it a little better for the gamer.  and i hope that  the admins self can chance the best setting for the map.
It's an exploit because you shouldn't be able to do it. Doesn't mean you need to do something special to trigger it.

Offline Petrol

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 02, 2015, 03:15:48 AM »
You should repair this bug instead of making this anoying shake....

Offline Alex

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 02, 2015, 03:56:45 AM »
You should repair this bug instead of making this anoying shake....
Get us the source code to AA 2.5 and we'll get right on it.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 02, 2015, 05:56:07 AM »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 02, 2015, 10:43:22 AM »
teddy you're the "human wayback machine".
For someone that can get away with antipoke, feel free to recode de function.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Petrol

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 02, 2015, 11:21:02 AM »
I'm disabling antipoke by changing one byte in AntiPoke.u, It is quite easier than code somethin withow any knowladge about Uscript and wthout sdk which some of admins have.
If they can start start shaking the gun, they can change weapon state to idle, Instead of locking it and killing somene tha ancidently pressed fire. Weapon aim position could be also changed to make shoot unpredictable.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager