Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Prone Warning  (Read 12463 times)

Offline zombax

Prone Warning
« on: Thursday, January 02, 2014, 16:16:36 PM »
Hi, I would like to talk about the prone warning...which is totally useless coz you can still HS ppl with that bug. It just murders our gameplay, right ?
I think this warning messes up the game, as you're forced to prone AND shoot sometimes in this game.
Is there any other solution we could think of to solve this major bug ??

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Prone Warning
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 02, 2014, 16:20:06 PM »
as you're forced to prone AND shoot sometimes in this game.
That is not realistic and this game was built as an accurate representation.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline zombax

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 02, 2014, 16:41:27 PM »
I know its pretty cool to repeat 'this is not battlefield' these last days... So what is it then, a pro realistic shootin simulation?? Please...

So you really want to keep in ur game useless warnings that makes ur screen shake for 20sec ?? Adding warnings to prevent bugs is like parfuming crap to me. And how does that screen shake is making the game more realistic?? Whatever

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 02, 2014, 16:44:38 PM »
Take a second to stand back and look at this project. We don't have the AA2 source code to freely modify things in-game. What we can do is limited in mods. It's very easy to check if someone is firing while proning and then shake the screen with a mod. It's pretty difficult to completely disable shooting while going prone or, to do it "properly", reduce accuracy to almost nothing while going prone.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 02, 2014, 17:38:27 PM »
Its good as it is now. Shouldnt be changed back.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 03, 2014, 08:45:38 AM »
I was before the warning system a proner to the max... and even I can now play without getting a warning.  So its just a trick that you unlearn. ... that's it.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 03, 2014, 11:41:40 AM by bollie »

Offline [HT]-d0n-@-KeIIo-

• News Authors
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 03, 2014, 08:49:43 AM »
it is ok now dont fix it back

Offline zombax

« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 03, 2014, 18:43:40 PM »
I can play with it too, I prefer crouching anyway^^ Simply keep in mind that HS bug still works, even with the warning.......... There will always be some people to complain about bugs, pubjump (lol), proning etc. People cry for almost anything today, even when they get flashed or camped, so if you have to listen to these nubs you should add warnings for everything. I think we're all here for the awesome gameplay that AA2 can offer, so please don't change basic movements.

Its only my opinion, I appreciate all the work that have be done for the community so far, keep it up and enjoy ur games peace

Offline Ganja

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 04:35:47 AM »
Simply keep in mind that HS bug still works, even with the warning..........

Then you have to be very lucky. I think in real life, you can go prone and shoot same time but you will have no accuracy at all. Same ingame. So maybe one time out of thousand you'll be able to kill someone like that

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 11:22:51 AM »
It has been done for good. In the real army, you can't shoot while laying down, it disturbs your accuracy, waste of ammo and less lucky shots. I used to do it, still sometimes do it but it's good that you receive warning. Main thing is to crouch now. More of a challange.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 12:03:50 PM »
Then you have to be very lucky. I think in real life, you can go prone and shoot same time but you will have no accuracy at all. Same ingame. So maybe one time out of thousand you'll be able to kill someone like that
You can but you risk tearing yourself and your equipment up while dropping, but if your ass is on the line with the adrenaline pumping and some nut looking at you like he is wanting to cut part of you off and shove it somewhere else just for the hell of it after he shoots you I doubt you will feel the fall at all. In real life you have way better chance at least of hitting your target going prone before you could ever jump sideways around a corner and head shoot the enemy as your feet hit the ground as happens a lot in AA. Even knowing pretty much where they are you still don't know for sure if standing. crouched, prone or if they have some sort of cover.
Let alone the simple fact you can't jump and land and stay on target. The upward momentum and major jarring of landing  is going throw you aim so far off be lucky to hit them at all.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 14:38:17 PM »
You can but you risk tearing yourself and your equipment up while dropping, but if your ass is on the line with the adrenaline pumping and some nut looking at you like he is wanting to cut part of you off and shove it somewhere else just for the hell of it after he shoots you I doubt you will feel the fall at all. In real life you have way better chance at least of hitting your target going prone before you could ever jump sideways around a corner and head shoot the enemy as your feet hit the ground as happens a lot in AA. Even knowing pretty much where they are you still don't know for sure if standing. crouched, prone or if they have some sort of cover.
Let alone the simple fact you can't jump and land and stay on target. The upward momentum and major jarring of landing  is going throw you aim so far off be lucky to hit them at all.
That's all true, but... jumping is fun! :D
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Mixk

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 04, 2014, 20:27:29 PM »
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 14:09:23 PM »
This is one of things, I feel that we use to handle flawless back in the days when the game was bigger. We had more players but we followed the rules better and didn't bitch as much. If there was a problem we came together as a community and managed to fix it. If there was a problem with proneshooting, whích there was, we simply had an unwritten rule to either ban for it, or as for in the competitive community we disputed the match, or round which the proneshooting accured in. The rule should be there, it shouldn't be allowed but it don't work as it is today. The shaking is just stupid and punishes players that accidently does it. No sane player in todays AA uses pronebug, nor would use it if the shaking wasn't there. I'd say remove the shaking feature and if players choose to use it, ban their ass from the server, with provided proof and numerous occations, perm ban from the game. Same goes for runnade, although I saw the "in real life you can't...." previously mentioned here in this thread. Runnading, which is for those who don't know, is to pull out a nade, pull its pin and fast run while you do all this. IS possible in real life, and was used for a long, long time in AA without any real problems.
Whenever you try to prevent something in the game with a electric shock aka cartmans anti swear module, you take 2 steps back.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 14:24:01 PM »
We had more players

I'd say remove the shaking feature and if players choose to use it, ban their ass from the server, with provided proof and numerous occations, perm ban from the game.

Like you said, fewer players these days, so we have to think twice before banning people ...
Before the shake option, I used to pronebug a lot. But it was never intentional, it's a reflex, and I got kicked a lot of times for that. Thanks to the warning I learned not to do it.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager