Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: original sound improvment  (Read 5445 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: original sound improvment
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 06, 2013, 17:13:53 PM »
well 2.8.5. had no fastswap and a large competition history. the animations were just slightly faster than 2.5. this was probl the best compromise devs have done.
2.8.5 did have fastswap, you might have not known how to do it. They did limit the ways of doing it.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 06, 2013, 18:18:07 PM »

Offline Goncalo

• View Profile
  • AA: Goncalo
« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 06, 2013, 18:19:31 PM »
By speeding up weapon switch you bring unrealistic game feature. I think you got this idea from COD or BF4 or elsewhere...We don't need this, it is fine as it is, its always been right that.

Removing shadow is a bad idea too. People can learn from it to improve their knowledge of the game, it is also part of realism in the real life army.

Improving sound is not a bad idea, but I would bring this suggestion in a month or two

you missunderstood me, I dont wanna speed up anything, im defending that it should be as it is. 
yes whenever admins can, but it has to be done and it will help alot :)

Offline Goncalo

• View Profile
  • AA: Goncalo
« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 06, 2013, 18:20:56 PM »
Uh my bad, wasn't talking about something else:P

see, thats why shadows should be removed :)

Offline Bart!

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, December 07, 2013, 07:08:57 AM »
The shadow should be removed because it isn't realistic seeing it through walls. Unfortunately, there are some engine limitations.
Agree.

About the fast swap: we do not need fast swap per se, but we need a little bit faster animations for this if it gets removed. Otherwise flashing and nading will be kind of useless if it's not used as a spamming purpose.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, December 07, 2013, 07:24:06 AM »
Otherwise flashing and nading will be kind of useless if it's not used as a spamming purpose.

Won't be useless. It's used as strategic purpose, you have to choose the right moment to flash, and not fastswap to flash immediately when you see an enemy. I guess there would be more 1 v 1 shooting duels instead of flashfights.

But I have no opinion about this, doesn't really matter for me

Offline Bart!

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, December 07, 2013, 11:29:22 AM »
Won't be useless. It's used as strategic purpose, you have to choose the right moment to flash, and not fastswap to flash immediately when you see an enemy. I guess there would be more 1 v 1 shooting duels instead of flashfights.

But I have no opinion about this, doesn't really matter for me
There will only be shooting fights in this way from close, since now you need the time to grab the flash on top of the time to take the pin out and cook it. That will be too long and will only work when you can jump in a hole or behind a wall for cover.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, December 07, 2013, 12:03:21 PM »
Other fps games pull out nades and flashes instantly, in AA even with fastswap it takes some time. No need to make it even slower.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, December 07, 2013, 12:17:08 PM »
I think it's good as it is ....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager