Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: New major version of 25Assist(9.0.0) - Preplanning stage has begun  (Read 20316 times)

Offline ronski

Re: New major version of 25Assist(9.0.0) - Preplanning stage has begun
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 08:47:24 AM »
It's not really random now is it. There's an algorithm generating the numbers and if you initialize it with the same number (usually done with date/time), you will always get the same exact sequence of "random" numbers.

But I get your point ;)
For most scripts random meant each player ID got a specific randomly selected gun (but the same one each time).
it's as random as php rand() can be :) odds to generate exactly same script twice are quite low.

btw I thought it was nerdy enough to create shit like this, but you managed to get it even nerdier :D
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 09:07:13 AM by ronski »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, December 31, 2015, 08:50:30 AM »
That was the original one. Unless you're talking about something that was created more than 3 years ago and has never been mentioned on the forums.

you as a membe of swiss should know it - look at clanpage right side - downloads. since more then 2 years there...
but who cares really .

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #32 on: Friday, January 01, 2016, 16:53:16 PM »

I guess it's possible you don't know what me and ronski are talking about. It's a tool that forceclass everyone but the VIP with a weapon (random or otherwise) that ronski made.
There is nothing of the sorts on our site's downloads list. There's only the usual scripts to forceclass everyone (plus other mods, but we're not talking about that atm).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday, January 01, 2016, 19:34:40 PM »
It's a great tool , only when u don't have crybabies playing !!!!

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 03, 2016, 12:10:32 PM »
one more thing i would like to have with 9.0

disable the fast swap and other tricks please. this is killing the game (and not as some do say, it killing the game when you disable it).

i do see so many new players coming here, start again with aa2 or also start as a new one to play this game (coming from other games like aapg, aa3, insurgency and more). but the most do leave within the next 2-3 days. give us again a statistic about the new accounts and the playtime of them - from the last 6 month.

you will see that more then 90% did leave like i did say. for me, and i really mean this, the reason is of some advantages (not only, but often) to players who did play this game for a long time. i do not mean the praxis of the playtime - this for sure also - but i mean the sound advantages, the fast swaps, the glitches and much more others like headshots (no cheats, but settings). this is not good to this game. we will not be able to get more players - which is really needed.

i dont know if the fast swap or sound setting part to "optimize" is the right way to go, but i care about the leaving players. and yes, now it goes on with arguments to let it be like it is, always from a handful of players. but having 200 or more players new here against maybe loosing the handful players is not hard for me to let the handful go. btw the will never go, what can they do without this game (look at me as an example :)).

so what i want is that you think about this loosing new players by hundreds and more.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 03, 2016, 12:16:36 PM »
Merlin fastswap doesn't make most of the people leave. People leave because it's only SF Hospital, SF Pipe and SF bridge all day, with the same people, on the same sides, on the same spots.

And looking at your shoutbox message, you are not fully aware of what fastswap means.

Also good settings can help, but no settings will help you make headshots, that's just experience.

And glitches, I don't know what you mean, can you give a concrete example of a ""glitch" ?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, January 03, 2016, 12:19:47 PM »
you know them as well as i do (hospital roof top, pool day...).

and tricks like watching through walls....and headshots: i play this game to long to realize the difference between good settings and using tricks.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, January 03, 2016, 12:21:25 PM »
you know them as well as i do.

I don't know what you actually mean with the word glitch so it would be nice to give an exemple. You say people are leaving because other's glitch but I'm not sure what you mean

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, January 03, 2016, 12:24:11 PM »
you know, it doesnt really matter what kind of. i would like to set a server to max. 20 honors. and i did it already but you know - some old school players with those hidden other accounts came in to kill the noobies. what a world is this - a world of short thinking for having fun for 5 minutes. noobies gone, fun over, game still dying.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, January 03, 2016, 12:25:47 PM »
so finally:
the point to save this game is to have the new coming in players with us. then we maybe have a chance to survive with this all.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, January 03, 2016, 12:29:27 PM »
you know, it doesnt really matter what kind of. i would like to set a server to max. 20 honors. and i did it already but you know - some old school players with those hidden other accounts came in to kill the noobies. what a world is this - a world of short thinking for having fun for 5 minutes. noobies gone, fun over, game still dying.

I understand what you're saying but people don't get better by playing with other noobs. Everyone got owned at some point in this game, it's just a pity this community is not always as heartwelming as it should be

Offline ronski

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, January 03, 2016, 14:23:40 PM »
Merlin, I find it surprising that a player with such a long experience has no idea why new players are leaving.

Quickswap has _nothing_ to do with that. Newbies are not owned due to quickswap. The most annoying thing for an owned player is when E knows his position in advance. So it's due to a) ghosting and b) extreme sound usage.

So if you want to help newbies, please remove the sound and ban teamspeak.

This discussion is ridiculous.
Except that overruled part - for the first time I agree with you.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, January 03, 2016, 15:03:54 PM »
I understand what you're saying but people don't get better by playing with other noobs. Everyone got owned at some point in this game, it's just a pity this community is not always as heartwelming as it should be

Yes they do your talking nonsense. They improv on every level
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline Ganja

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 03, 2016, 15:05:52 PM »
Yes they do your talking nonsense. They improv on every level

Hey you should go on Pipe SF or Bridge SF and look at the 50-60 honors. Most of them have been playing easy sides for ever and they are still fking bad, no improvement at all.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, January 03, 2016, 18:00:07 PM »
BTW, the idea of manually hunting quickswap reminds me of american "FIRM" server from old good times. They had banned jumping (more precisely, it could not be used to avoid being hit). Playing on this server was ridiculous, not because you couldn't jump, but because the chat was full of "admin, admin, XXX jumped!!', "admin!!! YYY jumped!!!", players constantly crying about other players and reporting their jumps. Geez, how many times I had to explain to those idiots, that normal (i.e. non-FIRM) players have that reflex and just jump without any bad intentions of breaking the rules.

Their stupid rule resulted in total absurd, and that's exactly what you'll get when you'll try to go after quickswap users.

Whats ridiculous to you, makes sense to the next guy who says your right.

You would not have liked my server rules,
But I never took you into consideration when I made them.
Hows that sound to you? Guess what else I never took into consideration.

Seen this in SB so funny Yo can name your clan the ben tards lol.
So who all up for joining the |Ben Tards Clan (BTC)
What the clan recruitment requirments Ben tard?
« Last Edit: Monday, January 04, 2016, 12:09:30 PM by -Vegeta- »
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager