Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Respawn  (Read 11447 times)

Offline hitman

Respawn
« on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 22:18:33 PM »
Would it be easy to add respawn? Possible?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Virus.exe

Re: Respawn
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 12:03:11 PM »
Do not enjoy respawn servers on AA.

If you want to encourage run & gun while maintaning AA feel just set players to suicide if they don't move "x" amount of distance over "x" amount of time....

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 17:38:30 PM »
Do not enjoy respawn servers on AA.

If you want to encourage run & gun while maintaning AA feel just set players to suicide if they don't move "x" amount of distance over "x" amount of time....

And where you set that at, I haven't heard of that, definitely would use it

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 18:39:38 PM »
if you want to play respawn join The Fallen Ones Anti-DDOS Respawn Server, i made the respawn mod used there, it is a little buggy but it is fun, i am working on a new version trying to eliminate the bugs.

once in a while  when you respawn your spectating yourself all you have to do is leave and come back if that happens.

as far as adding it to assist goes not sure if they would add it as an official assist mod, but respawn can be played whether assist adds it or not.

i released my RespawnMod and the source code for it here:
https://aao25.com/forum/games-programming/respawnmod-(servermod)/

the download link is no longer vaild i will have to update it at some point but noone seemed interested enough to download it and put it on their servers.

as a matter of fact even my ultimatemod the worked really well in my opinion people didnt really seem interested in, ive had one person pm asking how to put it in their server and i told them, never heard anymore about it, and shady from the nexus clan had me put it in the nexus pickaweapon server as you could pick your own guns in this mod, other then that ive really been the only one using these 2 mods.
Both mods were released publicly on this website.

if you have your own server and would like the respawnmod on it pm me and ill get the mod uploaded and produce a link to downloaded from.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 07:27:51 AM »
Hi LEEFFM
I would be interested in both, respawn and ultimated mode - for sure. Now, as the honor counting is gone, all would be lucky to play that again. I do remember - when you did shoot enemy and they did explode :) - or many others like gravity change .... But it should be without bugs. Hope you will get it. Great to hear you will do it.

Offline LEEFFM

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 12, 2018, 18:16:25 PM »
Merlin my UltimateMod is not the UltimateMod from back in the day that mod was made by Berry, my UltimateMod i made from scratch.

you can see the available commands for my UltimateMod here:
https://aao25.com/forum/games-programming/ultimatemod-v1-1-release!/

the download link is not valid ill have to get it uploaded and update the download link.

[Update]: UltimateMod v1.1 and RespawnMod v1.2 are now available for download again!
check theese posts for download links:
https://aao25.com/forum/games-programming/respawnmod-(servermod)/
https://aao25.com/forum/games-programming/ultimatemod-v1-1-release!/
« Last Edit: Friday, July 13, 2018, 06:58:25 AM by LEEFFM »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 07:50:45 AM »
For sure i will try it. Thanks a lot for doing this work!

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 11:32:24 AM »
For sure i will try it. Thanks a lot for doing this work!

Merlin would this work on aa 2.5??
Would be great to enable this so people don't sit in same spot for mins

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 13, 2018, 12:52:41 PM »
It is respawn mode. not others. but maye LEEFFM will bring it up, don't know ;)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager