Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Nades returned to what they used to be  (Read 10137 times)

Offline raw

Re: Nades returned to what they used to be
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, June 14, 2015, 01:24:18 AM »
Yes, frag grenades. I dont remember the exact version when it changed, maybe 2.1 or 2.3. For example I could throw a nade from pipeline main pump room basement floor to cp, and nort outside plus main nadings I could kill 3 or 4 people max. Nowadays 0-1, even if they are near.

im pretty sure it was 2.3 and after that they didnt fly that far.
AA2  2005-2015
AA:PG 2015-

Offline M!NDG4M3Z

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, June 27, 2015, 03:18:23 AM »
The M67 Grenade kill radius was reduced from 10 meters in the version 2.4 patch to "a more realistic 5 meters" in the version 2.5 patch. I remember when the devs nerfed the frags. It was a sad day for all of us MOUT whores. Alpha campers were even more shielded from our attacks, encouraging further camping...lol.

Scroll down to "GAMEPLAY ENHANCEMENTS" here: http://manual.americasarmy.com/index.php/America%27s_Army:_Special_Forces_%28Direct_Action%29_Release_Notes_%28Version_2.5.0%29
"Grenade kill damage has been dropped to a more realistic 5 meters (from 10) with fragment damage causing a gun down stun effect allowing room clearing assaults to still be successful. "

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, June 27, 2015, 03:34:53 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M67_grenade
The M67 hand grenade has an effective casualty radius of about 15 meters (49 feet).

Offline M!NDG4M3Z

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, July 12, 2015, 08:54:12 AM »
Sweet! The Devs nerfed them UNREALISTICALLY !!! Bring back the realism! I miss my super nades!  :D

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, July 12, 2015, 13:39:13 PM »
I am less and less happy with current nade situation. I throw a nade in the midst of 5 enemies, its well cooked and... nobody dies??? Only much calls for medic. Yeah right.. what I have understood, that if in real life  I would be standing next to a frag nade which explodes, I would die but not be green bleeding or yellow (humor spiced finishing for my post :p )

Offline Alex

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, July 12, 2015, 15:19:06 PM »
I am less and less happy with current nade situation. I throw a nade in the midst of 5 enemies, its well cooked and... nobody dies??? Only much calls for medic. Yeah right.. what I have understood, that if in real life  I would be standing next to a frag nade which explodes, I would die but not be green bleeding or yellow (humor spiced finishing for my post :p )
and in real life you typically wouldn't take a bullet to the chest and still go on. This isn't real life, it's a game. Nades being more effective would create a bunch of nade spam and that's something that should be avoided.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, July 12, 2015, 16:04:22 PM »
I used to like nade spam. For example, in Pipeline is in vain to spam nade out of main entrance nowadays.. those who rush main, could next round just avoid it by not rushing straight to main, like it was done in earlier versions (after those versions many players quit aa, including me, because things changed into what it is now)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, July 12, 2015, 17:30:17 PM »
I used to like nade spam. For example, in Pipeline is in vain to spam nade out of main entrance nowadays.. those who rush main, could next round just avoid it by not rushing straight to main, like it was done in earlier versions (after those versions many players quit aa, including me, because things changed into what it is now)

No more easy kills for you then , better for assault ;)

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 13, 2015, 03:38:20 AM »
At the moment assault is often actually easier than def, because good players fill assault and assault wins def often every round.. if nades would just work as they used to, teams would maybe be more balanced. I have noticed that nowadays I get much more kills when Im playing in assault team, than when I play in def team. Still I play much in def because I like challenge more than nub owning ;)

Offline ronski

« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 13, 2015, 03:52:41 AM »
At the moment assault is often actually easier than def, because good players fill assault and assault wins def often every round.. if nades would just work as they used to, teams would maybe be more balanced. I have noticed that nowadays I get much more kills when Im playing in assault team, than when I play in def team. Still I play much in def because I like challenge more than nub owning ;)

You just like to sit and camp ;) I think defence is easier side, that's why I hate that map because so many times they just sit and wait. Or maybe I need to learn new gaming style, not running like headless chicken and die after 20secs of play :D

I don't know how the nades used to be, but the way they work now is fine. And speaking about realism, how many of you could actually throw a nade as far and with the same accuracy as you are throwing in game. Like throwing one from under the ladders to the top of them, come on..

Offline Ganja

« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 13, 2015, 05:31:22 AM »
Still I play much in def because I like challenge more than nub owning ;)

Ye right defence on pipeline sf is one of the biggest challenges of this game :D
I srsly thought you were joking but apparently not. Reminds me of Lord-Of-War pretending tha defence is the hard side on bridge crossing aha.

And you do realize that if nades had a bigger impact, it would only take 2 nades in main pump (anywhere in main pump) to kill all the sitting ducks on defence, so it wouldn't really "balance" anything, exept you making more kills outside main with a nuclear nade ^^

Offline raw

« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 13, 2015, 11:19:02 AM »
Back in the days you could throw nade from the Weapons cache window outside all the way to the S/R receiving :D

Now it gives you only a little bit damage or not even that.
AA2  2005-2015
AA:PG 2015-

Offline Whoopin

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 14, 2015, 13:47:08 PM »
When I first started playing and I was an Urban Whore, I remember being able to throw a nade almost across the map! LOL!
82nd_S3_MAJ=Whoopin

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #28 on: Friday, July 17, 2015, 02:23:39 AM »
Ganja, def on pipeline/sf is generally easier than assault, but when all experienced players play in assault team, the game isnt balanced. I have seen often a situation when assault wins all or nearly all rounds. Then I prefer to stay on def, when assault is stronger or teams are anyway balanced. I often like to join the losing team, or if theres balance, I like often to play in def.

Nades.. nowadays you can just run nearby the nade without dying. Before you had to take cover. On pipeline def when I heard nade incoming, I either ran away or behind something. It needed more skill :p in assault you couldnt just rush directly to main always, you had to wait for incoming spamnade. It needed more tactics, now the game is like CS in some parts.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #29 on: Friday, July 17, 2015, 04:42:17 AM »
Just throwing a spamnade that kills everyone within a mile is not really tactics IMHO.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager