Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Nades returned to what they used to be  (Read 10138 times)

Offline Pipez0r

Nades returned to what they used to be
« on: Sunday, June 07, 2015, 04:36:16 AM »
Is it possible to return the nades so, that they would fly further and blow up better, like it used to be in earlier versions? Or at least the first one. I think it was much more funny back then, and many people complained when original aa devs changed that.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Nades returned to what they used to be
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, June 07, 2015, 05:36:11 AM »
I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to.

By nades you mean  203s or frag grenades?

How can a nade 'blow up better'?

I don't remember a time with different nade dynamics (203s or frags), but I was quite young 10 years ago when I started playing this game so I might not have gotten it.

In any case, the nade dynamics haven't been changed in so long I truly don't see the reason to do so now.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, June 07, 2015, 07:09:20 AM »
He means, nades used to have a bigger impact and used to fly further (from what he told me)

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, June 07, 2015, 07:18:21 AM »
Still... 203s or frags?

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, June 07, 2015, 07:21:05 AM »
frags teddy

Offline Ganja

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, June 07, 2015, 07:29:42 AM »
Yes, frag grenades. I dont remember the exact version when it changed, maybe 2.1 or 2.3. For example I could throw a nade from pipeline main pump room basement floor to cp, and nort outside plus main nadings I could kill 3 or 4 people max. Nowadays 0-1, even if they are near.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 07, 2015, 09:27:36 AM »
I am not sure if we still want this now, and how much this is possible, since we can not really change game code itself.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 07, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »
I am not sure if we still want this now, and how much this is possible, since we can not really change game code itself.
Well, since it was possible to change the duration of flashes (for example), I don't see why it shouldn't be possible to change their effective range.

But the question still remains: "Do we want this?". I don't think I do, but I might not be the majority.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 08, 2015, 03:17:39 AM »
I dont know either what majority thinks. At least back in time ppl disliked the change to this. And with that nade ballistics thing the change isnt even big, but significant. Its like one metre more or even less than one metre.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 08, 2015, 06:34:16 AM »
I dont know either what majority thinks. At least back in time ppl disliked the change to this. And with that nade ballistics thing the change isnt even big, but significant. Its like one metre more or even less than one metre.
The fact is, people generally dislike change. No matter which way it goes. They disliked it then, and they would dislike it now. Not necessarily because they like it better one way or the other, but because they are used to how it works.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, June 13, 2015, 04:17:35 AM »
The fact is, people generally dislike change. No matter which way it goes. They disliked it then, and they would dislike it now. Not necessarily because they like it better one way or the other, but because they are used to how it works.

Thats true also. But for me, Im still against the change those devs made years ago, and I know there are players who miss those old gameplay details like I do.

Offline Petrol

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, June 13, 2015, 06:26:56 AM »
How about making adjustable throw power which will have negative impact on acuracy?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, June 13, 2015, 15:18:34 PM »
How about making adjustable throw power which will have negative impact on acuracy?
Step on up, start writing the code :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline halko

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, June 13, 2015, 16:29:00 PM »
That accually sounds good but now we just need someone to code it. :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager