Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Medic Call collor change  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Medic Call collor change
« on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 16:33:52 PM »
Can i change the shout: Call Medic in game into a other collor so you can see better who is asking.
Its now green and thats bad to see for all becose on my servers allmost all typing and commands are green.
meaby its  better  all server the same collor meaby white ore .......... :idea:

Offline Ganja

Re: Medic Call collor change
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 16:39:51 PM »
Can i change the shout: Call Medic in game into a other collor so you can see better who is asking.
Its now green and thats bad to see for all becose on my servers allmost all typing and commands are green.
meaby its  better  all server the same collor meaby white ore .......... :idea:

but you can change the color of HUD?

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 17:47:50 PM »
but you can change the color of HUD?
Never did that but it would be nice if all servers have the same recognizable collor so not all have a diffrent collor.

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 06:02:15 AM »
Hmm this gave me interesting idea. You are able to write server messages to console with different colours, what if you bind medic call this way, would you get blue "MEDIC NEEDED" text:

M=CallMedic | TeamSay ?€ MEDIC NEEDED!! | ReportIn

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 07:09:07 AM »
Hmm this gave me interesting idea. You are able to write server messages to console with different colours, what if you bind medic call this way, would you get blue "MEDIC NEEDED" text:

M=CallMedic | TeamSay ?€ MEDIC NEEDED!! | ReportIn

I'm gonna guess that euro symbol doesn't match with the char you were going to type. ^^

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 07:25:10 AM »
I'm gonna guess that euro symbol doesn't match with the char you were going to type. ^^
That is a copy paste from our servers ServerMessage.cfg but you're right, actual colour code gets regenerated because of charset mismatch. It is shown to me in different charset than it is used in server, I guess charsets have been mixed up in textedit program I've used. But still you got the point.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 09:59:39 AM »
You're saying every person could edit his .ini in order to have the medic calls in whatever color?
I'm seeing servers having CE's because of colors and symbols and my instinct tells me your idea won't work, but sure worth a try :D

Offline ronski

« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 10:20:41 AM »
You're saying every person could edit his .ini in order to have the medic calls in whatever color?
I'm seeing servers having CE's because of colors and symbols and my instinct tells me your idea won't work, but sure worth a try :D
lol i was imaging that one too, still just curious would it work - haven't tried.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 11:24:15 AM »
That is a copy paste from our servers ServerMessage.cfg but you're right, actual colour code gets regenerated because of charset mismatch. It is shown to me in different charset than it is used in server, I guess charsets have been mixed up in textedit program I've used. But still you got the point.
I think it's more likely that the site here doesn't properly support some symbols. I have seen it time and time again, unfortunately.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 16, 2015, 12:12:32 PM »
I think it's more likely that the site here doesn't properly support some symbols. I have seen it time and time again, unfortunately.
Text edit view in Vortex gamepanel shows me them in that format, so I guess server uses different format than the editor in browser ( and Sublime that I think I've used while copying settings around ).

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager