Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Killcams  (Read 5879 times)

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

Killcams
« on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 10:43:46 AM »
The idea literally came after reading shoutbox complains about aimboters or exploiters so my idea is it possible to make a kill cam? After being killed you see a cam showing a person how he killed you, you could always skip the cam if you don't want to watch it, because most of the new games have this feature to recognize more cheaters.

Hope the idea could be implemented into the game with the support of players.

Maybe by adding poll into the assist would be a good start and of course if it's possible to do that.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 10:46:33 AM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline ELiZ

Re: Killcams
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 10:49:08 AM »
I have no idea how that would be possible to implement.
At the moment, stuff like that is NOT accessible for us to change.

So as far as I see it, there is not really a need to add a poll for it.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 10:53:27 AM »
I have no idea how that would be possible to implement.
At the moment, stuff like that is NOT accessible for us to change.

So as far as I see it, there is not really a need to add a poll for it.

fair enough :)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 12:19:48 PM »
I like your idea. . But not on a game that's not so active. . Would be cool though

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 15:38:44 PM »
I also think the idea itself could be interesting, however I seriously doubt it would be easy to implement around what's there even if we had access to the original code.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 16:18:36 PM »
Is there a state of pawn dying? Or something that could be triggered at death. I would think it would be straightforward to force spectate the player that killed you for 5 seconds or so.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 20:37:43 PM »
Is there a state of pawn dying? Or something that could be triggered at death. I would think it would be straightforward to force spectate the player that killed you for 5 seconds or so.

That would be awesome :)

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 03, 2015, 20:44:22 PM »
That would be awesome :)

Indeed, would be neat if we could even try it for a week to see how things went.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 04, 2015, 01:14:07 AM »
I would imagine it might not be too difficult to see what's happening after they killed you, but the point of a killcam is to see what happened when they killed you. That would mean that the game would have to be constantly recording (demorec or something?) and unless it's doing this right now, I don't think it would be easy to implement.
Demorec itself is quite buggy as it is, let alone looking at the last few seconds of it in a quick manner...

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, June 04, 2015, 13:07:04 PM »
My bad, I don't have much experience in newer shooter games.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, June 04, 2015, 13:50:14 PM »
I would imagine it might not be too difficult to see what's happening after they killed you, but the point of a killcam is to see what happened when they killed you. That would mean that the game would have to be constantly recording (demorec or something?) and unless it's doing this right now, I don't think it would be easy to implement.
Demorec itself is quite buggy as it is, let alone looking at the last few seconds of it in a quick manner...
Not necessarily. Battlefield's killcam shows the player after they killed you. Basically so you know where you got shot from.
Regardless, I'm completely against the idea of killcams. I hated it when BF started using them and I don't want it to be a part of AA.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 04, 2015, 15:54:33 PM »
Not necessarily. Battlefield's killcam shows the player after they killed you. Basically so you know where you got shot from.
Regardless, I'm completely against the idea of killcams. I hated it when BF started using them and I don't want it to be a part of AA.
I've not played many other FPS's (if any at all), so I suppose you might be right.

But in order to "recognize a cheater" it would definitely need to be playback.

Offline Alex

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 04, 2015, 18:28:52 PM »
I've not played many other FPS's (if any at all), so I suppose you might be right.

But in order to "recognize a cheater" it would definitely need to be playback.
A killcam would be terrible for recognizing cheaters. Have you ever actually used the Call of Duty one? It's terrible and half the time it looks fishy. Not only do you have to account for both players' ping which could make the kill look off, but no game is perfect in its mechanics either. Weird shit happens in some games, especially in AA. I've had nades that landed 2 feet from me and I didn't get hit because of some random tiny object blocking it that might not be shown on a killcam. I've had a 203 blow up on a wall next to me and not kill me, while I've also had a 203 blow up in another room and kill me. In AA you shoot from the top of your head so people will see the other player crouched almost entirely behind a wall and still kill them and think he's hacking.
That's just AA though and all that a killcam would do is give us a bunch of people who aren't familiar with how the game works coming here complaining about "cheaters" that aren't even cheating.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday, June 05, 2015, 00:08:05 AM »
A killcam would be terrible for recognizing cheaters. Have you ever actually used the Call of Duty one? It's terrible and half the time it looks fishy. Not only do you have to account for both players' ping which could make the kill look off, but no game is perfect in its mechanics either. Weird shit happens in some games, especially in AA. I've had nades that landed 2 feet from me and I didn't get hit because of some random tiny object blocking it that might not be shown on a killcam. I've had a 203 blow up on a wall next to me and not kill me, while I've also had a 203 blow up in another room and kill me. In AA you shoot from the top of your head so people will see the other player crouched almost entirely behind a wall and still kill them and think he's hacking.
That's just AA though and all that a killcam would do is give us a bunch of people who aren't familiar with how the game works coming here complaining about "cheaters" that aren't even cheating.
That's why I had it in quotes.

It is nearly impossible to positively detect a cheater just from game footage. That's why the official leagues never banned only on demorecs either.

Offline Anjing

« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 03, 2015, 11:09:39 AM »
I vote against killcams.

Reason:
Killcams allow players to see from where they got shot, which is a huge surplus for those who get killed, as they can discover the position of the killer. The latter is exactly why you should not implement any type of killcam i.e. neither following the killer after that nor being able to see how you got killed.

As a player (especially snipers) you always try to find new spots to be invisible for you opponents and get a stealth kill. The killcam would only take that away and would take the part of discovering the killers position away.

I do think that AAO has been build as a simulator and it is up to a player to discover new tactics (both allied and enemy tactics) instead of it being shown. I already think that the sound in the game gives too much away. A killcam would only increase that and would affect the game negatively in my opinion.

Last but not least, a killcam would be very exploitable. Think of players talking on teamspeak or any other communication device. If Allie A dies and gets a killcam he can see the position of Enemy A, even if Allie A did not see Enemy A at all being alive. This allows Allie A to commuicate the position of Enemy A to Allie B over teamspeak etc. Which I do think should be avoided as much as possible as there is a reason why 'killed' players can not talk with 'alive' players

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager