Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Is it available to have more teams than assault and defender?  (Read 1944 times)

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

Is it available to have more teams than assault and defender?
« on: Monday, August 03, 2015, 14:40:52 PM »
So the idea came after reading scrim cup thread and thought of if it's possible to have more than 2 teams in the game. Let's say when you have to choose a team between assault and defense, is it possible to add 2 more teams? Like 3rd team would be reinforcements for one team and another option reinforcements for other team. Each team would have about 5-6 slots and only available if server admins wished to put this into their server and only available in cups or even in normal mode I wouldn't mind, would it be possible to mess around with this kind of idea or would this require full source code?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Is it available to have more teams than assault and defender?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 03, 2015, 15:00:50 PM »
There's a lot of stuff integrated into teams. At the very least, a LOT of coding would need to be done and worse yet, it would have to be doubly coded into our editor (to alter maps with this setup). I don't know that it would be possible and even if it was, I don't know that it would be worth the effort.

Maybe it's possible... The devs coded in a Game Death Match mode but I couldn't get it to work. It's obviously more complex than setting;
DefaultServerGame=AGP_Gameplay.AGP_GameDeathMatch

in the server.ini :)
« Last Edit: Monday, August 03, 2015, 15:31:22 PM by Spanky »
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager