Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Improve less played maps.  (Read 6788 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Improve less played maps.
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 17:03:40 PM »
yes, I would love to have some changes.
oasis - others spawn, blizzard too - both outside, radio tower, why not random spawns?
this about spawns. not always the same, like extraction. this is good (not for scrims, but for gameplay). maybe more or less lots with other guns, maybe more or less nades.
and last but no least, double points. be sure the will follow you like a dog searching for food :)

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 17:50:53 PM »
It doesn't have to something major, it might be something as small as:
Remove all smoke grenades for Assault team on map X.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 18:09:48 PM »
Add another catwalk or bridge on bridge map.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 19:19:55 PM »
Remove flashes on tunnel public

Offline Ganja

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 06:55:27 AM »
I see my fav map is mentioned, Blizzard. It is actually a very balanced map and it doesn't have any real bugs, but you really need to spend hundreds of hours on it to really know what is going on there. So I think the problem with less played maps is people just lost interest after getting pwnd so many times there.

I don't agree with you. The map is very defence sided imo. Ofcourse, like on all maps you have players who play assault and woulc kick everybody's ass on defence, but that doesn't mean the map is balanced. Put 1 noob on assault and 1 noob on defence, and defence will win. Put one pro on assault and one on defence, the one on defence will win, because there's too many factors to win a round on assault (blow the wall, breach a door, do the objective, throw incendiary on objective) while defence just has to sit and listen. It's like saying Bridge Crossing is a balanced map because you're good at playing assault on it. Still doesn't mean the map is balanced, because if someone would play it very seriously on defence, it would be very hard to win rounds. That's what I think, but like you said you probably have 10 times more time on it than me so maybe you're right ;)

Some ideas for changes on Blizzard:

-  A way to balance this map a little bit would be to make the spawns more random than they already are.

For those who don't know how the spawnsystem works on Blizzard, it's pretty simple, if defence spawns up, it means assault is South and if defence spawns down it means assault is north. That's way it's easy for defence to spam and to rush the assault team that doesn't even have the time to get inside. Maybe we could make the spawns totally ranom, meaning that if defence spawns up, they still don't know if the enemies are north or south, that way the assault team has a chance to get inside the walls without bein rushed/spammed.

Another idea would to add a tree South (there's one North already) so that, there are more options to get inside the walls if a nooby has the RPG and doesn't blow the wall with it. Maybe there could even be a trenchee/tunnel system on blizzard to access the building ... just some ideas about blizzard.

And seeing how the map can be easily abused by defwhores, maybe we could implement a double assault system like on SF PCR, where both teams would start outside the walls, each 1 side, and they would have to retrieve the objective inside the building and get away with it, or even make it a "take and hold" like taking the objective and defending it for 1 minute (so the team that rushes the best basically has the right to play defence for 1 minute)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 07:03:56 AM by Ganja »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 08:27:20 AM »
I did understand. then for me no changes at all, it is good for now.
thank you.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager