Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: DX9 to improve Win8/Win10 usability of the game  (Read 7471 times)

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
DX9 to improve Win8/Win10 usability of the game
« on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 15:48:33 PM »
Would it be possible to add the D3D9renderdevice found from 2.8.1 onwards, in 25assist, to give Win8/Win10 users the superior input of fullscreen mode, and the internal gamma settings for greatly improved graphics?

In this day and age, it would help this project a lot. Not many people run on the old Win 7 anymore.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 15:51:27 PM by Leopardi »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: DX9 to improve Win8/Win10 usability of the game
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 16:18:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure this was attempted, at least to a degree, and deemed difficult.
It could be possible, but with the limited resources (i.e free time) we have, I don't think it's feasible.
Others can correct me if I'm wrong.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Bart!

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 16:45:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure this was attempted, at least to a degree, and deemed difficult.
It could be possible, but with the limited resources (i.e free time) we have, I don't think it's feasible.
Others can correct me if I'm wrong.
I've asked the same question a few years ago, unfortunately, currently it is not possible.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2017, 19:01:38 PM »
Would it be possible to add the D3D9renderdevice found from 2.8.1 onwards, in 25assist, to give Win8/Win10 users the superior input of fullscreen mode, and the internal gamma settings for greatly improved graphics?

In this day and age, it would help this project a lot. Not many people run on the old Win 7 anymore.
This is not possible without the game sources, I thought you were talking about a d3d8 to d3d9 converter/wrapper, this one exist.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 07:47:04 AM »
This is not possible without the game sources, I thought you were talking about a d3d8 to d3d9 converter/wrapper, this one exist.
Can it be done this way then, so that it would actually work online?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager