Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Dev/Admin Slander  (Read 7044 times)

Offline hype

• RIP AA Competition
    • View Profile
  • AA: nsd[hyPe]
Re: Dev/Admin Slander
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 09, 2015, 22:34:49 PM »
The only accounts I have are hype, bananagun, and 2+2=5. The others you just mentioned are name changes from one of those accounts. So no, I'm sorry Mr. KnowItAll - but you're wrong.

Fast swapping is not intended in the game and actually was taken out in future versions. However, video settings...like for real, I can't even ...lmao. This is a fucking joke, every PC game has in-game video settings you can alter. But only AA is providing some advantage over other people? Get real, your mentality is ruining the game, not mine. Whining about shit like this and more than one account? Jesus.

Anyway, I don't use the binds for anything except maps like Urban for the most part as I don't like to be blinded when I play a game. Funny how you say shit in shoutbox the day I use it on URBAN and only that map, look it up tough guy.

Spanky said himself that anyone that wants to have a discussion about this is welcome so for those saying there shouldn't be a post, quiet.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 09, 2015, 22:57:39 PM by hype »
US Army Active Duty
Past Comp: CAL-invite / TWL-inters / CEVO-P
Past Teams: nsd / epiC

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 09, 2015, 23:25:15 PM »
The only accounts I have are hype, bananagun, and 2+2=5. The others you just mentioned are name changes from one of those accounts. So no, I'm sorry Mr. KnowItAll - but you're wrong.
Fair enough, I didn't (and still haven't) look into it very deep.

Fast swapping is not intended in the game and actually was taken out in future versions. However, video settings...like for real, I can't even ...lmao. This is a fucking joke, every PC game has in-game video settings you can alter.
The issue is that people bind it to keys to change it on the fly to see better in the game. Using things outside their intended purpose to gain an advantage... That's the whole problem. Bugs & glitches are included in that.

But only AA is providing some advantage over other people? Get real, your mentality is ruining the game, not mine. Whining about shit like this and more than one account? Jesus.
The only way my mentality is ruining the game is if I actually banned for this stuff. I'd like to but those kinds of decisions are democratic in Assist and I try to follow the rules that we as a group set out.

Anyway, I don't use the binds for anything except maps like Urban for the most part as I don't like to be blinded when I play a game. Funny how you say shit in shoutbox the day I use it on URBAN and only that map, look it up tough guy.
The admin features in Assist don't tell me when you activate a specific bind, just that you have the bind. I still don't see how it's not an advantage.

This whole thing is pointless anyway. I'm not going to ban you for it and you're still going to do it. I'm just saying it's shitty behavior. Just because something isn't specifically banned or bannable doesn't mean it's "ok". Stopsounds, FixedFPS, Pokes and many others were in-game features that players used for unfair gains, even competitively. The whole issue I have with this is an unfair and uneven playing ground where unassuming new players that don't know all the little allowable glitches are at a significant handicap. It makes for incredibly boring gameplay and an environment where you HAVE to join the tweakers/exploiters in order to even have a chance. Maybe you don't use Gamma/Contrast/Brightness binds for an advantage... the only person that knows is you. I see the binds and comment how ridiculous it is along with the multiple accounts. Neither have a legitimate reason for being in this game. That is all.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 09, 2015, 23:30:15 PM »
Ok hype, then ignore him. You're not going to change his opinion and he's not going got change yours. I'm sick of the theatrics of this non-issue that you even apparently got other members of your clan to chime in on. I don't know why you want to drag this out (entertainment perhaps?) and I don't really care.

For the record, I agree that complaining about gamma/brightness/contrast settings and saying it's ruining the game is a bit ridiculous, but your theatrics about someone saying that are equally ridiculous. This entire thread is ridiculous, both sides of it.
 Do what every other user does and just ignore it. There's really nothing left to be discussed.

Seeing as this devolved from an already iffy "feedback" thread into a stupid argument going nowhere, I'm going to lock this. If you want to drag this out even further for no apparent reason them make a thread in the spam section. :lock:

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager