Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Change Spawn points in AA3 Bridge  (Read 12801 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Change Spawn points in AA3 Bridge
« Reply #15 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 01:27:53 AM »
I don't understand what you're saying Teddy. Half of both teams spawn in the towers on either side, they're both equal. Either team can get to mid then get back to their spawn but in doing so, they're going to run into a ton of enemy.

I honestly don't see how it would be imbalanced.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ronski

« Reply #16 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 02:45:07 AM »
That should be quite equal for both sides, I guess that team which ambushes one enemy group from between them, will take a lead in the game. I mean for example if both defence teams starts to run towards middle tower ambushing the enemy group between them and leaving a few guys near assault tower to slow down the main assault group, would defence be very close to win the whole round. Of course Assault can go with the same tactic. So then again, its equal.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #17 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 03:19:59 AM »
I don't understand what you're saying Teddy. Half of both teams spawn in the towers on either side, they're both equal. Either team can get to mid then get back to their spawn but in doing so, they're going to run into a ton of enemy.

I honestly don't see how it would be imbalanced.
Oh, so you're doing both spawns at the same time,  now I get it.

Are different fireteams spawning at different location or just every other person spawns from the other spawn?
It would make more sense to have the former from a military and leadership point of view, but the latter would make sense for the gameplay dynamic you're going for.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #18 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 03:23:13 AM »
what about like aapg?

there you have to go with the objec/flag to the other side, behind spawn point of enemy. would be much harder to get there instead of going back to your own homebase.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 03:28:16 AM »
what about like aapg?

there you have to go with the objec/flag to the other side, behind spawn point of enemy. would be much harder to get there instead of going back to your own homebase.
Well, in this case, neither side to go is free. There's always enemies between you and the 2nd objective.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #20 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 04:23:24 AM »
i dont know if you understand me correct, nor i understand you. i try it with other words.

on aa3 bridge both teams do start at the known spawn. both teams have to go middle bridge to catch the obj. if not, they will stand back and camp until the time is over.

so when catching the obj, you have to go back to your spawn, right?

why not to go to the other side to save the obj. like on aa2 bridge? or aapg bridge?
this is my question i have, you can call it also idea :) maybe bad one, but its a question.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 04:50:02 AM »
Like I said, in the scenario that Spanky created :

(PS. Even though the shot is in AA2 bridge, this thread is about AA3 bridge)

With that one, when you get the objective in the middle, there can still be enemies on both sides of you since both sides spawn on 2 different locations.
For example, you spawn on the left side of the bridge, go to obj, there's enemies at the leftmost corner as well as the right side of the bridge. They spawned at both locations.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #22 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 04:51:02 AM »
The new version has been pushed to all servers/client.

Offline ronski

« Reply #23 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 05:03:22 AM »
Like I said, in the scenario that Spanky created :(PS. Even though the shot is in AA2 bridge, this thread is about AA3 bridge)

With that one, when you get the objective in the middle, there can still be enemies on both sides of you since both sides spawn on 2 different locations.
For example, you spawn on the left side of the bridge, go to obj, there's enemies at the leftmost corner as well as the right side of the bridge. They spawned at both locations.

Did I get it right, Merlins idea was more like Capture the Flag -alike? Both teams has the same objective and it must be accomplished in enemy base? This objective here is only for assault team, defence needs only run to its base to prevent Assault accomplishing the objective?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #24 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 06:03:01 AM »
ronski, no i did mean the one which get the obj should not go back to the spawn, he should go to enemies base.
but i guess it is to complicated :D

Offline ronski

« Reply #25 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 06:45:44 AM »
ronski, no i did mean the one which get the obj should not go back to the spawn, he should go to enemies base.
but i guess it is to complicated :D

Well isn't that exactly the same, capture the objective and bring it to enemys base? :)

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 06:50:39 AM »
Well isn't that exactly the same, capture the objective and bring it to enemys base? :)
Well, that's pretty much what it is like now.

AA3 Bridge is Assault-Assault. Not defense-assault.
Look at the image I quoted from Spanky.
All 4 spawns are to be used at the same time while the objective (briefcase) is in the middle. You then have to take it to an exrtraction. Whichever way that is, you've still got enemies between you and the objective (unless you already killed them).

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #27 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 07:46:19 AM »
oh, my bad. did think you can only go to your base back to extract with obj.
didnt know that.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #28 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 12:57:21 PM »
1 - I see 5 slots 5 & 6  and  9 & 10   and 12 from below,people need to understand this and its great. :up:
2 - Only obj now you must bring it to your own site that not good  :down: :down:,  change that if possible thx. :down:
3 - lol you can direct see on Radar howmany players are on ass spawns . lol :up:
« Last Edit: Friday, June 12, 2015, 13:55:44 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #29 on: Friday, June 12, 2015, 13:57:02 PM »
Are different fireteams spawning at different location or just every other person spawns from the other spawn?
It would make more sense to have the former from a military and leadership point of view, but the latter would make sense for the gameplay dynamic you're going for.
Half of each fireteam is at the tower. A total of 4 R slots, 2 G slots and 2 AR slots spawn at each tower.

2 - Only obj now you must bring it to your own site that not good  :down: :down:,  change that if possible thx. :down:
So I just need to switch the objective sides then?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager