Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Branch Icons in game  (Read 4715 times)

Offline -sh4dy;

Branch Icons in game
« on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 17:38:52 PM »
Just curious to know what happened or how I can go about getting an active branch icon for myself and my brother. I am currently active duty in the U.S Army and my brother is in the Air Force. Has AA25 done away with these or are they still around to have beside your ingame name?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Branch Icons in game
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 17:43:20 PM »
We can grant them manually, we just need some proof.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline -sh4dy;

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 17:56:46 PM »
What would you like for me to do to prove it?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 18:07:52 PM »
Reply to an e-mail I send to your .mil account?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline -sh4dy;

« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 18:25:26 PM »
Sure, that'll work.

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 29, 2014, 19:07:33 PM »
PM me the email we should send a confirmation to.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 00:55:33 AM »
As far as I know, all branches get the same (Army Active) icon, though.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 08:12:32 AM »
Shady ty u and ur  brother for your service

Offline -sh4dy;

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 11:47:02 AM »
Shady ty u and ur  brother for your service

Your welcome wicked!

Now teddy, how come just active army icon when all icons should be available? Wouldn't make munch sence for my brother to serve as an air man but display an army icon. That would be like enlisted in the air force but wear army dress blues.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 12:28:10 PM »
Your welcome wicked!

Now teddy, how come just active army icon when all icons should be available? Wouldn't make munch sence for my brother to serve as an air man but display an army icon. That would be like enlisted in the air force but wear army dress blues.
Well, since we are not really a part of the US army, I htink there is no way for us to determine which branch you're from. Besides, it makes our job easier that way. It's not like there's too many from different branches playing nowadays anyway.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 12:53:51 PM »
Your welcome wicked!

Think of it this way. We have an icon for military members. Not specific branches. He wouldn't be getting an Army icon, but a military icon. Some of the icons have been re-purposed to show different things in game (playeradmin is one) and it was decided long ago that we only needed a single icon for military members. What's the point of having an icon for every branch when we can just have one for all military members? It's not like we have a huge amount of people requesting a military icon. I've only ever given 2 and the total for all admins isn't much higher than that. Most people simply don't ask for them.

The main problem is that some of the icon descriptions are wrong and the military icon doesn't even have any text letting players know what it is for. (also, "donator" isn't even a real word). There hasn't been enough reason to go and fix the military icon as, like I said, we rarely ever use it.

Offline -sh4dy;

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 13:50:40 PM »
I understand what you guys are saying, I just like to give teddy a hard time because he loves giving me a hard time  ;)

I have a donations tag beside my name currently because I contributed to assist to help out if I can and would like to in anyway possible, hence the reason I posted this thread after our conversation killaman. It's not that big of a concern to me, it's just I'm proud to serve and like others to see that as well.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 14:50:23 PM »
I understand what you guys are saying, I just like to give teddy a hard time because he loves giving me a hard time  ;)

I have a donations tag beside my name currently because I contributed to assist to help out if I can and would like to in anyway possible, hence the reason I posted this thread after our conversation killaman. It's not that big of a concern to me, it's just I'm proud to serve and like others to see that as well.
Sounds as if you wish to cry to sleep holding me, like Spanky does :D (reference)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 19:10:32 PM »
Sounds as if you wish to cry to sleep holding me, like Spanky does :D (reference)

I don't mind, but the effect you have on me is even more pleasurable ;)
derrrrrrrrp : D

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager