Yes
1618 (63.2%)
Yes (Hacker Tag)
325 (12.7%)
No (Permanent ban)
619 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: Thursday, November 21, 2013, 21:41:34 PM

Author Topic: [Poll] Banning Policy...  (Read 32138 times)

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
[Poll] Banning Policy...
« on: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 19:44:10 PM »
I think, that banning policy is too strict. Banning for certain amount of time plus decreasing points of experience will be more efficient. What you guys think..?

Edit - Poll:
Read the first five pages before the vote.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 19:43:34 PM by NoBigDeal »
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

Re: Banning Policy...
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 19:49:03 PM »
No one really cares about honor anyway anymore, so that wouldnt be a deterrent imo. I havent played for a while so i dont really know of the recent bans etc. But generally if u do something wrong you should be punished. Never really been a fan of permanent bans, unless of course its a repeat offender.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 19:59:03 PM »
...generally if u do something wrong you should be punished. Never really been a fan of permanent bans, unless of course its a repeat offender.
Agree... Let see: i.e. for each type of hack (norecoil, noflash etc.) one month plus -5/-10 points.
Would you?

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 20:22:33 PM »
Agree... Let see: i.e. for each type of hack (norecoil, noflash etc.) one month plus -5/-10 points.

r u serious????

u cheat u get ban period

how stupid can players be to pay for a stupid ass cheat when they can help out here donate to keep this game alive, so much have been done to keep this game alive, only to get ruin by stupid ass kiddie cheats

i can't really understand why players feel the need to use a stupid cheat, really think about it what dam pleasure do u get really out of it??

ban policy here is great no need to change shit, u get caught ur gone for good, sounds good to me

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 20:45:56 PM »
That's the insulting thing, that they PAY for the cheat yet we're all doing this for free. We're volunteering time to keep this alive and they pay to destroy it.

Doesn't make much sense.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 21:11:07 PM »
That's the insulting thing, that they PAY for the cheat yet we're all doing this for free. We're volunteering time to keep this alive and they pay to destroy it.

Doesn't make much sense.

exactly my point, they can be paying for all the hard work done here, no they insist on payn a stupid cheat giving some 1 else money

only 1 there cheating is there self

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 21:36:25 PM »
Be serious, hacks are for free too...

Doesn't make much sense.
...maybe because you don't/can't/wan't see the bigger picture... From what I see, this game/community is dying - with every permanent ban = one player less. Even if 1/100 cheater will regret for what he's done (or his brother, sister etc. :D) and after his punishment he will play honorably, then is worth it to give him that chance. What is most important he will stay with community - more players to play with...

To be clear: it's not because of my personal interest, I don't play this game, never played and (most probably) never will... It's because I've seen a lot of collapse of small communities like this one.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 21:54:31 PM by NoBigDeal »
Would you?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 21:57:41 PM »
I can definitely agree and there have been players that show remorse. There's also been ones that show fake remorse and we re-ban them later.

Tough call IMO.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 23:35:09 PM »
Yes, it is... Always choosing between the lesser evil is difficult.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 23:51:57 PM by NoBigDeal »
Would you?

Offline Mixk

« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 00:12:35 AM »
Be serious, hacks are for free too...
...maybe because you don't/can't/wan't see the bigger picture... From what I see, this game/community is dying - with every permanent ban = one player less. Even if 1/100 cheater will regret for what he's done (or his brother, sister etc. :D) and after his punishment he will play honorably, then is worth it to give him that chance. What is most important he will stay with community - more players to play with...
Really? Seems to me this should be directed towards those who are knowingly and willingly installing the hacks and or cheats since they are the ones who are ultimately causing the death of any game, not just this game, when they know the consequences of their actions before they pay for or in other ways receive then use them and get caught. Why should those of us who don't indulge in cheating always be the ones who have to be sympathetic to those that do when it should be those who are considering cheating should be sympathetic towards the rest of the community and plain and simple don't do it. 
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 02:25:37 AM »
Spanky, you were a cheater yourself... Did that make sense to you back then?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 02:37:04 AM »
Spanky, you were a cheater yourself... Did that make sense to you back then?

Did what make sense? Permanent global banning? It made sense, yea. Back when I messed around, it was more server admins banning which if you got banned, there weren't many other servers to play on. Had it been a global ban that I received, I probably would have appealed it with honesty and true remorse because I really enjoyed the game then. Quite a bit of cheating/hacking was due to piss off some select people and some of it was just for myself. Course, I never paid for hacks and I never hacked on the current version so my perspective is a bit different than others.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 04:11:35 AM »
I believe hackers will always stay hackers. Been confirmed with =IGC=Aesthetic few days ago

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 05:04:28 AM »
Funny thing is that they unban people using AHK or some shit like that, even if they do it more often. But they perma ban people doing shit like no recoil, get your shit right and perma ban EVERY hacker

that's my opinion

an example: mr. morti.jabba who's still using shiet
« Last Edit: Monday, October 21, 2013, 05:08:31 AM by noobslayer »

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 05:25:05 AM »
True. The first AHK bans got 1 week ban. That's good as a warning to tell those idiots thats their cheats will be caught. But now the warning is over, why can they play again? Because we need players? Seriously? 165 players yesterday. It's not huge but it's increasing bit by bit and we don't need mongols to play the game so it survives.

I tried to find the quote where Jonny says: I'd rather see the game die, then played by cheaters. And that's what need to happen. We're not gonna give people 3d or 4 th chances just because they game would die without them.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 21, 2013, 05:28:44 AM by Ganja »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager