Poll

Should user caught be ban for 1 week or all together

1 week ban as it is and perm if caught again
1632 (82.9%)
0 Tolerance for AHK users and PERMANENT BAN
337 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 20:12:21 PM

Author Topic: AUTO HOT KEY BANS  (Read 5753 times)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
AUTO HOT KEY BANS
« on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 20:12:21 PM »
What ever the outcome out poll should be honored

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: AUTO HOT KEY BANS
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 20:55:42 PM »
Perma ban ofc

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 21:12:37 PM »
Someone give a 100% accurate description of AHK / auto hot key and its abilities please.

If I am correct in what I heard is that it essentially allows you to bind keyboard sequences / macros?

Does it not basically do the same thing you can do with Logitec Gaming Software - ie the drivers for all Logitech gaming devices and other hardware makers like razer im sure have an equivalent.

If that is the case then it should just be a warning. I for example once had binded with Logitch Gaming Software to press E over and over very quickly......Allowing me to make doors and vents go ape shit lol. I would do it on the odd occasion to fuck with someone or because it make the crazy door opening sound ultra fast.

I also used to play Command and Conquer Renegade where I binded it so my guy would enter a control panel, refil, exit panel, turn 180. throw a timed mine, and repeat very quickly for as long as I held the button down.
- It essentially allowed me to toss a whole bunch of timed mines on a vehicle - allowing me to then drive the APC / tank out and ram into enemy vehicles and blow the shit out of anything i bumped into til the timed mines were gone. - Some servers allowed it, some didnt.

AGAIN that being said - if it indeed only allows you to make complex key binds much like many gaming software equivalents that are bundled with the majority of gaming hardware....I dont see why it would be a perm ban. It merely allows you to program complex key macros and speed up key presses.

But if it in anyway allowed them to edit the game function, enable any sort of REAL cheating ie No recoil, no breathing, no flash, aimbot, trigger bot, radar, wall hack and what ever else have you.....then absolutely it should be a perma ban.

I fear most people like me are not 100% on its abilities,

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 21:21:20 PM »
as i was told what it does

Uses:
With the push of one button a whole clip are emptied in a second.
Could also be made to simulate NoRecoil by adjusting for the barrel going up in the script, so that it moves down before fireing the next shot.

Offline world-

• View Profile
  • AA: world-
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 22:28:28 PM »
If you can add script to reduce recoil then I would vote Perm ban. I don't think you could do that with Logitech or Razor software. I think u can only binds keys and not add script or am I wrong? I would like to know before I vote.

Offline M_TopSecret

• Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson
    • View Profile
    • |M|@fioso Clan
  • AA: |M|TopSecret
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2013, 23:22:14 PM »
I'm sure there's a way to script it where each time you pull the trigger, the mouse counteracts the recoil in direction (x, y) X amount of dpi... Or something of the sort. It would take some time to get it working right, and may only work with a certain gun being they all have different recoil affects I would like to think.

I think a lot of the AHK are set in the .ini file, making your character do a lot more then just ducking, maybe having something where your character crouches up and down fast while you're holding down a button.
Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 00:45:52 AM »
I don't think you could do that with Logitech or Razor software.

You are right. It's impossible.

I think a lot of the AHK are set in the .ini file, making your character do a lot more then just ducking, maybe having something where your character crouches up and down fast while you're holding down a button.

Crouching is blocked by CVARs. It's onrelease command which is dissallowed.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 01:17:26 AM »
You are right. It's impossible.

For Amazing Hot Kebab, nothing is impossible
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 03:00:15 AM »
I was told it can increase rate of fire and reduce recoil, anyone confirm?

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 04:44:19 AM »

Morning stoner!
Read the post from wicked ;-)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 04:50:41 AM »
 :oops: :D :up:

Offline zoxee

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 09:55:42 AM »

and it can also trigger an alarm to remind you to take you pills in case you forgot.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline TICUS

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 10:38:12 AM »
 :rtfm: :banned: :down:

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 24, 2013, 11:41:40 AM »

confirmed

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 25, 2013, 06:29:08 AM »
those players are killing the game, not modded servers at all. so ban them and let them play tetris.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager