Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: another good Idear from Vanoke - POINTS  (Read 5762 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
another good Idear from Vanoke - POINTS
« on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 14:35:25 PM »
I am still waiting for Medic shout in collors

BuT ! Is it possible when we do OBJ that the other team gets   minus point !! :idea:
« Last Edit: Monday, December 14, 2015, 16:46:30 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: another good Idear from Vanoke - POINTS
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 14, 2015, 19:07:39 PM »
Minus points...? Please elaborate why, I am curious about the reasoning behind it.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 00:35:24 AM »
Minus points...? Please elaborate why, I am curious about the reasoning behind it.

Because they have failed their mission. But that's already happening for certain slots for the moment.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 01:34:00 AM »
Because they have failed their mission. But that's already happening for certain slots for the moment.
Not entirely true.
You do get negative leader points for leading badly, howerer it will never take you your ovverall score below 0. Only ROE can do that currently.

I too am wondering why this would be better than the system that is already in place.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline voras

• View Profile
  • AA: voras
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 10:02:13 AM »
Lol Vanoke.. that will make more hard camp..  and you no have chance to make obj..

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 16:43:40 PM »
Lol Vanoke.. that will make more hard camp..  and you no have chance to make obj..
  Camp on defence is normal but now alot do not the obj but are gowing only for the enemy, the good part is people will go finaly ( hopefuly) for the obj to reduse the enemy in points.
Negatieve situation will be people will arguing that they loos if they are in bad team. 

Offline ronski

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 17:03:25 PM »
I fail to see how giving negative points to enemy would make doing objectives more interesting than just killing the whole team. The whole point system could be removed instead, all that matters is who wins :D

0,02€

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 17:16:16 PM »
Vanoke, there is and old good rule:

Don't fix what ain't broken.

Than gif the admins off the server a choise to say yes ore no in setting / like so many thinks you must gif the server holders the tools for nice good gameplay

Offline Scorpy

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 17:18:04 PM »
stop in the name off love.  :P

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 17:32:41 PM »

Offline ronski

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 17:35:08 PM »
So it would be up to playeradmins is it on or off, if it's just a checkbox in adminpanel it would lead into this: when admins team is leading, would negative score for loosing team be turned on, and when admins team is loosing all the time, it would be turned off.

I have understood that getting servers tracking and having point calculation on them was not that easy job to do back in the days, I doubt someone would have that much of spare time or interest to even check out would it be possible to create or not :)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 17:47:51 PM by ronski »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 17:49:30 PM »
If you mean a setting that every admin can choose, then yes, I agree. I always claimed that there can't be too much freedom in AA.

100 maps? Good. 200 servers? OK. 50 mods? Why not.

The amount of things to choose from should never be a problem. AA is not a MAC.

Pff. Back in 2.8.5 there was a public mission editor. God knows the amount of silly, unplayable and/or unstable maps I've seen published as "missions", just for the sake of having a mod, or simply even something different.

Anyhow, now that I think of it, aapg was initially made in a way that is similar in concept to what vanoke meant, basically the old beta highly rewarded anything teamwork related, from securing and reviving to spotting enemies and completing an objective. It wasn't necessarily a good way, but it surely helped new players and inexperienced ones. In the final release these features are not as prominent as before, and the game rewards more kills than teamwork. In return, its "satisfying" for veterans ego, and not as pleasing for newer players. In the end, its unfortunatly a matter of point of views.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 15, 2015, 17:51:13 PM »
So it would be up to playeradmins is it on or off, if it's just a checkbox in adminpanel it would lead into this: when admins team is leading, would negative score for loosing team be turned on, and when admins team is loosing all the time, it would be turned off.

I have understood that getting servers tracking and having point calculation on them was not that easy job to do back in the days, I doubt someone would have that much of spare time or interest to even check out would it be possible to create or not :)
that a other problem !   

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager