Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Action needed bring respawn back !  (Read 14872 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Re: Action needed bring respawn back !
« Reply #45 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 04:50:35 AM »
ad the end yes but the question is only about Respawn . And how you can bring it in in assist without disturb the normal gameplay.becose assist likes classic and alot others gamers that still play here to.
But it looks like this game needs a extra`s  to attrackt new players that like a little more action and thats way i trow this respawn ball up. so we can think about it . If , How, When , Never , for who, will it help ???

Offline ronski

« Reply #46 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 05:00:58 AM »
Like said before, if it would be added to the game no one would care anymore of team play, objectives, giving medic, reporting enemies and stuff, everyone would care only how many kills they would get. 

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 05:20:44 AM »
Like said before, if it would be added to the game no one would care anymore of team play, objectives, giving medic, reporting enemies and stuff, everyone would care only how many kills they would get. 
  + 1  :D

Thats way say befor:  ad the end yes but the question is only about Respawn . And how you can bring it in in assist without disturb the normal gameplay.becose assist likes classic and alot others gamers that still play here to.

Offline ronski

« Reply #48 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 05:23:52 AM »
well then again there are a few comments from Assist admins who says bringing respawn to this game in a way it would work is technically impossible.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 05:29:42 AM »
well then again there are a few comments from Assist admins who says bringing respawn to this game in a way it would work is technically impossible.
  Than Ask Crusade he dit help in the past also this game.  but meaby this is to much ask.!
I am sure he can create this!!

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #50 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 06:42:25 AM »
sorry, i have to say something about this all.
why not? give a try - as a non tracked server like weapons pick. and i dont think that this would generate a lot of work to implement it. i could be wrong, but let the server admins choose that mode - as far as it would be possible to do without to much energie given in that for making it.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #51 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 06:44:33 AM »
but the question is only about Respawn .

At first the question was only about SF mod, then about tracked SF mod, now it's about respawn and in a few weeks it will be about high jumps and low gravity right?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #52 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 06:50:40 AM »
At first the question was only about SF mod, then about tracked SF mod, now it's about respawn and in a few weeks it will be about high jumps and low gravity right?
Don't forget firing rockets with every bullet.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #53 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 06:52:56 AM »
If these problems can be solved, then why not ( as its own utracked mod )
The problem with respawn in AA is that it would always result in spawn rape. Or in better terms, one team would sit around the other team's spawn just killing everyone who spawns. AA is even more susceptible to this because you have to ready your weapon when you spawn.
Games with respawn use a spawn system that changes location depending on where players are in the map. However, we don't have that capability with AA.
I believe I've also seen immunity for a few seconds on games with respawning, which I don't think we can do either.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #54 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 06:54:34 AM »
If these problems can be solved, then why not ( as its own utracked mod )
I doubt these problems can easily be fixed.

But I suppose we'd need ELiZ's input on this.

I personally don't find anything fun about spawnkilling someone, though.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #55 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 07:03:41 AM »
I doubt these problems can easily be fixed.

But I suppose we'd need ELiZ's input on this.

I personally don't find anything fun about spawnkilling someone, though.
Me either. There is one more issue in respawn too; when someone happens to be on exactly same spot where another is respawning, what happens then? In Quake III Arena if you happened to stand where another was spawning you died :)

edit: see how quality games I'm referring to :D gotta play some QIIIA immediately.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 08:12:47 AM »
Me either. There is one more issue in respawn too; when someone happens to be on exactly same spot where another is respawning, what happens then? In Quake III Arena if you happened to stand where another was spawning you died :)

edit: see how quality games I'm referring to :D gotta play some QIIIA immediately.
  furst time i hear this , but what would you do so it will not happen.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 08:25:00 AM »
this topic is about respawn . You can see in begin this topic and the poll were the qustion is about if respawn wil help to bring more players back in aa army.  You can select in client under poll yes ore no .i hope you understand it . If its not clear ask me.  I help so far i can understand all..

Offline Ganja

« Reply #58 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 08:41:16 AM »
this topic is about respawn . You can see in begin this topic and the poll were the qustion is about if respawn wil help to bring more players back in aa army.  You can select in client under poll yes ore no .i hope you understand it . If its not clear ask me.  I help so far i can understand all..

Apparently you didn't quite understand what I meant, so I'll try to reformulate it.

YES, this topic is about only RESPAWN. But when the mods and the SF's were being discussed it was the same argument. Therefore, I'm saying that these kind of arguments will only lead to future changes like high jump, low gravity and other dumb stuff, once respawn would be accepted.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 08:55:52 AM »
Apparently you didn't quite understand what I meant, so I'll try to reformulate it.

YES, this topic is about only RESPAWN. But when the mods and the SF's were being discussed it was the same argument. Therefore, I'm saying that these kind of arguments will only lead to future changes like high jump, low gravity and other dumb stuff, once respawn would be accepted.
I you thinks so ! NP !

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager