Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Action needed bring respawn back !  (Read 14870 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: Action needed bring respawn back !
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 06:35:07 AM »
yes you can Always get a beer and do a piss NP :)

And get killed 50 times in a row on the spawn.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 12:25:48 PM »
And get killed 50 times in a row on the spawn.
Don`t  worry Ganja if i know assist it will not be tracked so your K/D will be safe. and the game will do his job , Action , fun ,  anticipate ,no waiting for the guys that like this , help player m8 out of bad situations,. 4 ore 5  minuts gameplay and game start agan . You must know how interactive this gameplay can be with 32 players in it. 
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 12:33:06 PM by Vanoke »

Offline sniper-314

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 12:44:55 PM »
On a more serious note: I think server owners shall be allowed to do _anything_ with the maps and gameplay on their servers, assuming the servers are untracked by the honor system. Why artificially limit anything? There should be place for anything, fast games, slow huge maps, yeti style stuff, and etc.

Of course all that assuming that there is at least 1 full hosp to play, that's a pre-condition :-).

Offline Ganja

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 12:59:01 PM »
Don`t  worry Ganja if i know assist it will not be tracked so your K/D will be safe. and the game will do his job , Action , fun ,  anticipate ,no waiting for the guys that like this , help player m8 out of bad situations,. 4 ore 5  minuts gameplay and game start agan . You must know how interactive this gameplay can be with 32 players in it. 

Maybe it's time for you to stop making things personal Vanoke.

You say "anticipate" ? What is there to anticipate more than now ?
Help teammates you say ? Respawn is going to reduce teamplay by atleast 50%. It's going to be rush, rush rush, get to enemy spawns and rape the enemy no matter what.

If you want fun, action, anticipation and teamwork, maybe you should try scrims.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 13:01:33 PM »
Maybe it's time for you to stop making things personal Vanoke.

You say "anticipate" ? What is there to anticipate more than now ?
Help teammates you say ? Respawn is going to reduce teamplay by atleast 50%. It's going to be rush, rush rush, get to enemy spawns and rape the enemy no matter what.

If you want fun, action, anticipation and teamwork, maybe you should try scrims.
I respect your thinking thx ganja !!

This vote will not end in a change by Assist admins but to gif a idear to them that possible respawn will help to bring more young and some older players back in this game . You can stand still with your head in the ground like now and see the less gamers that stay to this game ore go and try to bring it to a high level like games from this time. the choise that you can ore will play this lies ad the end with the player
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 18:16:27 PM by Vanoke »

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 14:14:19 PM »
On a more serious note: I think server owners shall be allowed to do _anything_ with the maps and gameplay on their servers, assuming the servers are untracked by the honor system. Why artificially limit anything? There should be place for anything, fast games, slow huge maps, yeti style stuff, and etc.

Of course all that assuming that there is at least 1 full hosp to play, that's a pre-condition :-).

Wish there was a way to disable battletracker all together, then most these fr players would play for fun!!!!!!
And respawn would kill this game all together!!!!!

Offline ronski

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 14:26:45 PM »
as long as it would be totally separate mod, like weapon pick, shotgun etc it might work on a few servers.

Offline Alex

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 14:50:46 PM »
The problem with respawn in AA is that it would always result in spawn rape. Or in better terms, one team would sit around the other team's spawn just killing everyone who spawns. AA is even more susceptible to this because you have to ready your weapon when you spawn.
Games with respawn use a spawn system that changes location depending on where players are in the map. However, we don't have that capability with AA.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 15:00:48 PM »
Games with respawn use a spawn system that changes location depending on where players are in the map. However, we don't have that capability with AA.
I believe I've also seen immunity for a few seconds on games with respawning, which I don't think we can do either.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 18:11:55 PM »
CGS Respawn RANDOM server

This clan was till the end full with Border in respawn  for more than a year they got
players 26 a day 7 days a week.
In this movie its pipeline but border was one of ther 4 servers.

Comment from a player and also less good news for normal gameplay . So how to implement this if assist will do ore can do it !: http://archive2.forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=3546&p=23547

ionosphere 

Post subject: Re: Fans of TWC and CGS servers, Rejoice! A FUN servers stil

Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:29 pm 

I am so disappointed to see the CGS and TWC servers disappear the day after AA2 honor/auth was killed off. I really got hooked on the CGS Border respawn server and was just starting to get hooked on TWC Urban Assault respawn.

If any of those admins are reading here I would like to give a major thanks to them for hosting and some great times on those servers.

I sure hope the community is allowed to host MBS and auth to revive AA2 and these admins or someone bring back border respawn.

« Last Edit: Sunday, October 18, 2015, 18:26:24 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #40 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 02:16:12 AM »
This clan was till the end full with Border in respawn  for more than a year they got
players 26 a day 7 days a week.

Back in the days, there were a lot of servers full 24/24, because there were 10x more players ;)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 03:39:17 AM »
Back in the days, there were a lot of servers full 24/24, because there were 10x more players ;)
What do you wanne say with this ?
This respawn ( inc,Modderd servers ) were more populair than Classic servers. And i am talking about the last year 2011/ 2012   befor U.S militairy pull out the energy off this 2.8.5 game to work on aa3.
Follow this discusian from  som people who are for and aganst it :  http://battletracker.com/forum/america-s-army-2-x-forums/america-s-army-discussions/201892-cleaning-up-aa-2-8/

The only problem i see is how to juse this populair respawn if assist willing ore can inplement this gameplay so it dussent take the overhand off classic gameplay .
« Last Edit: Monday, October 19, 2015, 03:45:23 AM by Vanoke »

Offline ronski

« Reply #42 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 04:19:39 AM »
I think he meant exactly what he wrote; back then there were lots of servers full all the time because there were 10 times more players than nowadays. Did I understand correct, there were one or two respawn servers? So basically those servers might have been full too all the time, because there were so many players playing the game. Now we are lucky if we have 150 players online at the same time.

So doing some calculation; you say those two servers were popular, they were full all the time. And if it's true there were 10 times more players playing the game, and just to round down the result a bit lets multiply 100 players with 10, which would mean one thousand of players. With two respawn servers it would mean that about 50 players were playing on respawn servers and about 950 were playing the regular game. So according to this calculation 5% of players were playing on respawn servers. 

If there were only two respawn servers it was not that popular then. If it was, there would have been more respawn servers.

I want to say these are just numbers Im picking up form the topic because I have no idea what was it like. I have played a lot of fps games with respawns and Im standing as a living example here where it leads, basically rush rush rush rush rush and rush :) 

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 04:27:16 AM »
List of populair respawn and modded server if you read the link you will understand that ther was only this gameplay, it was difficult for normal classic gameplay ore as a clan you go with the flow ore your server is empthy and thats not wat we want in assist but in sertain time its good to play this respawn.
[[[TG]]] Choose Your Weapon 109.70.148.116:1716
 {CIA} Random Weapons 68.232.171.104:1716
 CGS Respawn Random Wep Honor Server 64.94.238.113:1716
 CGS 1/2 Respawn SF Honor Server 64.94.238.112:1716
 CCCP-Clan MODDED SERVER 108.61.253.145:1716
 -[PG]- MOD Random Guns 120.146.163.18:1916
 DEVILRATS RANDOM WEAPON 188.138.84.241:1720
 Choose Your Weapon 193.200.158.155:1716
 -=FP=-Customized Server 62.67.42.73:1716
 -[PG]- $HOTGUN LOW GRAV is BACK 120.146.163.18:1816
 =}F.F.F{= Modded server 213.5.176.120:1716
 OAS][ MoDs Honor Server-ICA- 8.6.9.34:1716
 PUF CLAN RESPAWN SF SERVER 80.172.230.164:1719
 `{AK} SF Server - Asskickers Inc. 8.9.11.32:1716
{TWC} Urban Respawn Server  205.234.152.102:1716
  [[[TG]]] Choose Your Weapon
 IP Address: 109.70.148.116:1716

Bridge Is Fun #2 RAND Europe NO LAG H0N0R AnD TracKeD!! || SASF Team
 IP Address: 194.153.116.48:1716

« Last Edit: Monday, October 19, 2015, 04:43:19 AM by Vanoke »

Offline ronski

« Reply #44 on: Monday, October 19, 2015, 04:36:21 AM »
Okay so it was totally different game than nowadays it is?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager