Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Would you like to see AA3 maps in Assist?

Yes, I am ok with downloading 250MB+
1668 (83.7%)
No
325 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: AA3 Maps Discussion  (Read 19212 times)

Offline ImSmokin

Re: AA3 Maps Discussion
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 20:46:02 PM »
Voted NO. I think we should be working on the current community and players rather then bringing in new maps to stretch out the servers even more thin. Been nice to see some new maps filling up over this weekend. examples are MOUT/PCR/Extraction.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 21:14:15 PM »
Been nice to see some new maps filling up over this weekend

Been able to play 14 different maps in 3 days  :up:
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 21:17:19 PM by Ganja »

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 23:16:30 PM »
Been able to play 14 different maps in 3 days  :up:

Great news!! One of the main reasons why people kept leaving was because the boredom of Hospital, Pipe, or Bridge, i always see people talking about attract the old school players, im my opinion if you manage to get one or two servers full every night with maps like JRTC, SS, WO, RB, SR, HQ, MA, MP, WC_SE, players would definitly come, im not talking about 200 players, but it would make a difference.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 09:23:55 AM »
NO! AAO IS DEAD! GET IT! Spanky you with your stupid map creating,nobody play this shit.

Maybe it would be possible to make it live again by giving some of your money uh  :up:  :D

Offline Froster

« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 10:02:34 AM »
Oh come on people you're not gonna run out of space,just for this cause .
if no then why you download bf4 16GB , Black ops 16GB (not sure though ) , all other games require these amounts of space..oh come on this shouldn't even be a problem "poll"..love you all though

Offline Ganja

« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 10:13:02 AM »
all other games require these amounts of space

That's not a valid argument. A lot of people play AA cauz it's very very very easy to install, and it doesn't take a lot of space. You don't want to be 'like other games' cauz AA is not gonna win this. It's popular because it's not like other games.

I voted no, because there are already a lot of maps that are never played. I have to wait 1 hour on a empty server with original map till someone joins. Hospital, bridge, pipeline, urban for the win, so i don't see what this is gonna bring to the game.

Offline Froster

« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 10:15:21 AM »
That's not a valid argument. A lot of people play AA cauz it's very very very easy to install, and it doesn't take a lot of space. You don't want to be 'like other games' cauz AA is not gonna win this. It's popular because it's not like other games.

I voted no, because there are already a lot of maps that are never played. I have to wait 1 hour on a empty server with original map till someone joins. Hospital, bridge, pipeline, urban for the win, so i don't see what this is gonna bring to the game.

Really ? whats ur internet speed ? cmon man :) and to be honest 250MB-1GB is not that much .

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 12:08:25 PM »
I'm with ya Froster but as you can see, others don't feel the same way so that's why the poll was made. Let the community decide. Course, it will get voted in and then people will come here and rage because they didn't bother to come here and know what was going on with this game.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 13:17:26 PM »
1- A computer that don't have a free 250 MB is not functioning computer. No one talks in Mbs anymore since 2005. No one talks in Mbs anymore even when reffering to RAM. I've been too cheep to buy a new gaming computer since 2006 (!) and I still have tens of Gigabytes free.
2- I can understand raging when you add something like SAI and it has lots of bugs and critically affects your gameplay no matter where you play. But how can new maps possibly hurt your gameplay? If they are bugged- don't play on them, that's all.
I really fail to understand what there is to discuss or argue about.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 30, 2013, 13:19:15 PM by alechko1 »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 13:35:03 PM »
It should be 'yes' or 'I don't care'. But nobody can say no, if you wanna add maps, go ahead, but they will probably not be played

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 13:42:15 PM »
but they will probably not be played

Probably not BUT, ELiZ wanted a challenge and wanted to have some fun with converting the maps. Now that he's mostly done, I get to have fun and do what I do best. Really, it's not like we hate doing it, we like creating content. It's just more enjoyable when other people like that content :) It was a real fun challenge to make mAAp Pipeline. Nobody wants to play it? That sucks but I'll still work on it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 14:53:07 PM »
Eliz has always done outstanding work, I'm happy he's more involved with assist

Offline FilteredName1488911

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 15:33:20 PM »
Eliz has always done outstanding work, I'm happy he's more involved with assist

Yes, it's so great he is so involved. It's really cool to see such a smart guy devoting his time to such a niche project.

BTW, Hope his private business is going well.

Offline M_TopSecret

• Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson
    • View Profile
    • |M|@fioso Clan
  • AA: |M|TopSecret
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 02:47:54 AM »
Yes, it's so great he is so involved. It's really cool to see such a smart guy devoting his time to such a niche project.

BTW, Hope his private business is going well.

Honestly if you can't handle others giving up their free time for the  :censored: of it, then go elsewhere. I don't understand why you have to be such a hater, give it up and get another life playing and hacking COD.

I think it's a great idea, leave the map selection to the users, if they populate then they populate. If they don't then oh well get over it. I'm sure at Mafioso that we can get some of these new maps populated, even with some of the mAAp maps we'll get those who don't know them, but after a while they're diggin it.

My thought with all these newer maps to 25, is the possibility to bring others who loved those maps, to us here at 25.

If you're going to sit there and talk shit about it and that we're going to die as a community, well do something about it, go advertise and help bring people back to the old school America's Army that many loved at one time. There's still quite a few who don't even know we exist! So do work, and stop being little anal  :censored:.

We're only here now because of this community, and speaking from a clan point of view who is still getting newer members each day approaching us, well I wouldn't exactly say we're dying, we're still thriving just slowly.

Yes one of the best things about this game is how many can play with very low resources, computers, laptops including don't exactly come with high specs for RAM and video card specs, but space is coming out of our ear, almost to a point, no one should have a problem with this little increase of space. I don't even think they make 250MB thumb drives anymore, that's so small and pointless now an days. Stop crying, it's just more options for gameplay at the cost of a very small amount of space.

I say continue on with your plans to expand this game, I'm sure those who leave, if any, will be replaced soon enough by more, loyal and true fans.  :cool:
Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 08:21:19 AM »
...no one should have a problem with this little increase of space. I don't even think they make 250MB thumb drives anymore, that's so small and pointless now an days....
True: it's not about the HD space - it's about the performance. AA3 maps are more complex (static meshes are more detailed, textures with higher resolution, sounds with higher quality etc.) and this will have direct impact on...
...Yes one of the best things about this game is how many can play with very low resources, computers, laptops including don't exactly come with high specs for RAM and video card specs...
...those people.
I not worried about me, my PC is one level up than Hi-End, but for most people even the middle-high end pc is beyond the reach.

If AA community want more maps, then there is many good Tactic-Ops UE2/2.5 based games - i.e. Rainbow 6 have very good maps - so why not convert these maps..? Same engine, same climate and very well balanced.
Besides, devs should publish AA2.5 editor and let the people be creative. Take example from UT community... Start new Contest thread with two Child Boards: Betas and Release. I assume that purpose of these two is known... At the end, only the best maps will be added to the official map-pack.

BTW: Shame - almost 5000 users and after 48 hours only 36 votes...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 08:38:22 AM by NoBigDeal »
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager