Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: a new Revolution (dicussion about SF forceclass)  (Read 33319 times)

Offline darksoul__

• The most powerful weapon on earth is the HumanSoul
    • View Profile
  • AA: [K][K].Soul
Re: a new Revolution
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 19:08:02 PM »
Seriously, you write EXACTLY what i think...beautifully said...i dont care about the tracker, but some people do, that's why they join normal instead of non tracked modded servers...believe me, once we have tracked modded servers, only some will play normal...everything that is fun about this game is mods..but now no one will play unless its tracked..that is a pity..

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 19:10:49 PM »
everything that is fun about this game is mods..
That is quite subjective, just because you think so don't make it so.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 19:16:47 PM »
And just to be clear about it, using a approved(included into 25Assist) mod that allow FC to be done without the aid of an admin IS partially tracked .

These are the limits when using the FC mod:
  • No kills/deaths are recorded
  • Only 50% of Points reported when the server is queried using the gamespy protocol.

Offline darksoul__

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 19:25:14 PM »
And just to be clear about it, using a approved(included into 25Assist) mod that allow FC to be done without the aid of an admin IS partially tracked .

These are the limits when using the FC mod:
  • No kills/deaths are recorded
  • Only 50% of Points reported when the server is queried using the gamespy protocol.

This is exactly what i mean, why would you do that? Is this what you call fair against the ones who like to prefer Modded servers? Just because some like normal doesnt mean others want that too...the majority likes FC...Let the ones who play Normal, play normal...i will guarentee, alot of them eventually will play also FC servers, why? because they will see themselfs that the majority is in the FC servers...that only if the server is tracked...but yeah..no you guys wont let that happen...because you guys love your precious normal server..anyway i talked enough, i see you guys dont want to track mod servers...it was good talking to you...have a nice day..adios

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 19:33:15 PM »
Eliz I am wondering and trying to get in your head, for what reason you don't like mods? For what reason you defend your opinion, tell me eliz, what is fun in this game, what makes this game fun? Why this game went into more serious game? Why would you keep FC + tracked but not mods?

Eliz there is more questions than answers be a man, and do a vote, let players who play the game decide, even tho you guys keeping the game alive, everything depends on the players, without players there would be no one playing this game. Both sides has valid points, but Eliz you don't understand the sentence here '' they had a choice, they were not forced to join modded servers'' they could not be bothered waiting for players to join and that's why you chose this side. The fair result would be making a vote but something is stopping you, will you tell me? explain what you feel about mods?

That is quite subjective, just because you think so don't make it so.

You are wrong Eliz, this guy is right, when modded servers were tracked, what servers were played? I didn't see much of normal servers played. I can tell you names who was constantly complaining and banging the door about modded servers but I won't, I won't pick people out but when I played with mods, I didn't see unfortunately players complaining.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 19:36:16 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 19:49:18 PM »
"They still have a choice to join server or not". But if all the noobs like to play with big scopes and alot of 203 etc, normal servers are empty, so, no they don't have a choice ...

Offline august

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: Avguste
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 19:55:30 PM »
If I may chime on this, I think everyone is getting away from the main issue: lack of players. Whether you have a modded server or not is not the issue. The issue is to inform other players be it in AAPG, AA3 or other games of AA Assist. And I think everyone is losing sight of the big picture

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 19:56:55 PM »
They have a choice, willingness not to wait is a lack of choice you don't accept, straight forward and then you all go for easier solution just to take out the mods from being tracked. This is not a choice of yours, these two separated things are different, fc half points tracked, mods aren't, i am just waiting for eliz to answer all those questions, hope he gives me a brief conduct explanation and all the invalid points about mods.

AA loses lots of players because every server has normal guns (I don't play much any more because I am bored), I don't see how this situation makes this game fun, all I see is admins trying to convert this game to some serious tactical game which will never happen. They basically took out all the fun, this game should have stayed in free mode and left alone after all. AND to include in my theory, why you all have so many new account loggins but they don't log in back on? every server they enter, they see same guns, same gameplay, no fun at all, therefore you guys shouldn't expect to see new arrivals.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 20:01:36 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline [K][K].187

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 19:59:39 PM »
Before 2.8.5 went down there was plenty of players and plenty of servers to choose from   you cant say they just play FC cause they have to     most play cuz they want to have a LIL fun here and then.

Its not about big scopes and 203s , i think he just wants to claim have more choice of weapons and maybe even random servers .
 Now maybe players have no choice but to play on the server that has people  playing BUT before the crash  this wasnt the case and this is the time that we all speak about, i am starting to believe the others that these posts tend to get pointless and they all turn the same way ...  what the admins want ..  i guess ill log off for now
I got a headache

Offline [K][K].187

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 20:01:08 PM »
They have a choice, willingness not to wait is a lack of choice you don't accept, straight forward and then you all go for easier solution just to take out the mods from being tracked. This is not a choice of yours, these two separated things are different, fc half points tracked, mods aren't, i am just waiting for eliz to answer all those questions, hope he gives me a brief conduct explanation and all the invalid points about mods.

AA loses lots of players because every server has normal guns (I don't play much any more because I am bored), I don't see how it this situation makes this game fun, all I see is admins trying to convert this game to some serious tactical game which will never happen. They basically took out all the fun, this game should have stayed in free mode and left alone after all.

Very well said

Offline [K][K].187

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 20:04:19 PM »
If I may chime on this, I think everyone is getting away from the main issue: lack of players. Whether you have a modded server or not is not the issue. The issue is to inform other players be it in AAPG, AA3 or other games of AA Assist. And I think everyone is losing sight of the big picture
U cant bring back players that left or dont come back for a reason ...i have mentioned the same thing you just did , but isnt that easy .   Need to fix small  problem before you fix the real problem , lack of players ??????

Why ??????   Do we have lack of players ?   That is the question :)

Offline HANG_JEBAT

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 20:04:26 PM »
When we first discussed about getting rid of tracker, there were users coming in complaining that no one joins normal gun servers. I remember that certain people came here and complained that they are not wiling to wait in empty server because most of players played in modded servers.

Then we had a vote, the vote I think lasted for 2-3 days and voting was mostly played by forum users or one of the fewer people that complained. The first vote was the forum poll vote which explains why the voting results were in favour to non mod players.

Then after a big decision, assist receives lots of complain about getting rid of tracker in modded servers. By saying '' they had a choice what server to join'' which is true, by any means you have to agree to that, this is a very valid point. They were not forced to join modded servers, and it just showed lack of interest from the players to wait for others in normal servers.

Through this whole time, admins still receive time from time about modded servers.

Since of new client release and great looking poll, this should be reconsidered in private admin section or even in ''respected member'' board. This would be fair to make a voting, this way the majority decides the faith, you would simply provide the answer saying majority voted for mods for the users that complain and you would do that for opposition too. You would not need to look for answers because there would be an answer plain simple.

At this moment we all try to make some point to why this happened, i remember both sides had valid points but for sure modded server players had stronger point by saying they were not forced to join them, they had a choice which makes me believe that the last voting was just a fail attempt and not even majority voted after all.

I am trying to make a conduct appeal. I would like to see voting back and players who play the game right now to decide what they want to do then we won't get any more of this.

AND let's not forget guys, the tracker is still for the looks, of course players will like modded servers, they can get more kills and easier kills, this is a game, in every game you want to have an advantage of others, it would even make life easier for newbies in the game with that SF with scope.

Looking back to 2.3 version, oh god, what days these were,using rpg and all kinds of mods for fun. I even remember shotgun + big jump or shotgun shooting rockets not long ago, when assist was still runned by previous devs, when assist was in free mode, it was fun, these were the fun days, sadly too many hardcore players started complaining that they can't get a good frag rate.

Now all I see normal gun servers, because modded servers aren't tracked, it's simple and I think assist should reconsider bringing back fun where you can laugh with your friends in teamspeak about how ridiculous the kills are :)) I smile all the time when talking about old days, now I see that assist is going to the way and we all forget the fun.

I know admins respond to this already, mods are still there, it's just not tracked, exactly guys, it's not tracked and no one will be willing to use mods in the server because they ar e not tracked, shows how admins care about tracker too, it doesn't matter what is ur K/D ratio, for god sake this is a damn old game, should only conduct fun not to make some hardcore tactical game, because there is no way to compete with games like arma or new games that are coming everyday. 

The most brilliant answer or opinion so far. Look at the bigger picture guys. Population stalled, more people potential more donation to keep this games alive. The reason i & maybe the more played BF beacuse we can choose any option of guns. I used to love this game & still do.

Like the old times if i bored of normal, i go to FC servers to have fun. Have many option to play never bored me. When normal server populated by hardcore normal veteran, newbie like me will be dead in first 1 minutes of the games & have to wait for 6-7 minutes to play again. I prefer mods server at least have fun. People have choices to play when & what they want. Have more than 100 servers online but 5-10 have players on it. Pathetic!.

I saw this game on survival mode now. Modded lovers should realize this is the war they cannot win which i can saw an answers by admins.

Offline darksoul__

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 20:04:33 PM »

AA loses lots of players because every server has normal guns (I don't play much any more because I am bored)

I can guarantee you that almost everyone left either because they dont know assist or they are bored..the main reason i left assist, is when they changed the mod tracker...only reason i came back is for the love of the game, i swear...

Offline darksoul__

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 20:07:28 PM »
Have more than 100 servers online but 5-10 have players on it. Pathetic!.

HAHAHAHAHAH , this should say enough, doesnt it?

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 20:10:42 PM »
Modded servers were populated, played everyday, I had a bunch of laugh with my friend son ts3.

Now : normal servers populated, modded tracker is taken out from the game. BASICALLY it's the other way around, no side wins, so at this point you have two look at both sides. Bring back  tracked mods, let mods be used like big jump and so on, and players choice where to play.

Eliz said u want 10x killls? sure, what does tracker give to me? nothing, i never look at my k/d lol, i want fun i don't care about kills and deaths, the game should be fun eliz, look at the brighter side.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager