Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: a new Revolution (dicussion about SF forceclass)  (Read 33321 times)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
Re: a new Revolution
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:36:09 PM »
And saying that if a server has sf mod activated, it will not get players joining, that is just plain wrong.

I see one SF border(FC) server online right now with players on it.

Who said that I never saw anyone say what you are saying?
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline darksoul__

• The most powerful weapon on earth is the HumanSoul
    • View Profile
  • AA: [K][K].Soul
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:40:09 PM »
Come on this is a load of bullsh*t, seriously, who cares about trackers etc...just because a few like their stat etc, doesnt mean they have to ruin the game for the rest of us..seriously...some of us love the game, and dont care about stats....but those who do love it ...can always play themselves...but yeah, i give up, this is my only post about tracked FC servers....if you dont want to do it, ok, we can go further....but just know  1 thing.....You guys are ruining the game for the rest of us...i know you are admins, and you have all the right...but still...this used to be a hell of a game...

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:41:11 PM »
Maybe you missed the part when Soul said I only mean on bridge. Apart from that Def is always easier no matter what weapons you have. Tracker is a load on garbage loads of 100 H campers out there, that dont truly reflect 100 H I am 42 and beat most 80 H players tracked is a waste of time and is not a true relfection of a player.
Some player done there med training and might be mad that assist gave it to every one and his dog. So a far as I am concerned you honour aint worth nothing.

I don't remember if the medic training had some "tough" prerequisite training to go through before, but that training was dead simple (the SF training was a completely different matter). And about the honor, yeah, honor is not that meaningful, stats are just numbers, and wheels are usually rounded. What else?

Offline Alex

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 14:37:52 PM »
I mean You guys don't even play the game daily like the most of us.
That's not even true. According to BT I play this game more often than you do.
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/795587/

I'd also like to point out that you're free to mod your server. It's just not tracked. So the real question becomes are you playing AA for fun or for stats?
Unauthorized mods are not tracked to try to keep the integrity of the stat tracking system.

Offline [K][K].187

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 14:47:06 PM »
dont take my post to a " NEGATIVE " JUST SPEAKING OPINION

seems to me that , when the question was asked a few people like to rephrase it and make it their own.

nobody wants a 10x kill ?  but yet you say  a mod is a mod is a mod ?

well you guys ban people for HACKS AND CHEATS , yet UN BAN some people for certain hacks or cheats but not others ?

a  cheat is a cheat is a cheat ..    ban all cheaters  then lift all appeals dont pick and choose .
basically i think you all are saying if the servers were tracked with mods etc it would be different harder wouldnt show correct tracking ?
this is why there are CHOICES , you make your own choice which server to play , play modded , sf , normal , pick what you want . BUT
 let everyone choose what they prefer , saying you can make your own server SF  , knowing NOBODY will play it , is pathetic .

some say some SF servers get played ?  yes maybe 1 or 2 days a month a server will get played on UN TRACKED , people tend to go where server is full.

and some one mentioned a VOTE ?   and also said VOTES came from FORUM USERS MOSTLY  , well that seems very correct , i say a great %% of posters are admins  noobies or members that DONT even play the game.

IF YOU DONT PLAY  DONT VOTE ....

lets listen to the active community and do what we can to help the ACTIVE members stay here.
PEOPLE want to make others aware that the game is still alive , but ive seen people come back play for 2 weeks and quit because of normal guns and no sf or mods.
i say we try to keep the ones playing happy and ALSO  try to bring NEW people to the game

as i stated in other posts , i have sent MASS EMAILS AND PRIVATE MESSAGES , through old forums, old links and even went to BT and sent 100 emails trying to get people back , but i feel might be a waste of time knowing they will come and then leave .

hope you / we can settle this and help everyone enjoy the game .   lot of hostility on forum and chat box lately.

thanks again  187

Offline Alex

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 14:51:36 PM »
nobody wants a 10x kill ?  but yet you say  a mod is a mod is a mod ?

well you guys ban people for HACKS AND CHEATS , yet UN BAN some people for certain hacks or cheats but not others ?
I'm gonna stop you right there. The only offense we lift bans for is macro usage. A practice that was rampant and possible when the official auth was up. It was to the point where a lot of people thought it was OK to use them. For that reason, we give a one time chance for a user to stop using it. If they do it again then it's a permanent ban. It would be useful for you to know what you're talking about before you try to blast us.

What I don't really get is how you care so much about stats than you won't play on an untracked server, yet you're willing to destroy the integrity of the stats system to the point where it is meaningless...
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 14:53:45 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 14:59:23 PM »
Come on this is a load of bullsh*t, seriously, who cares about trackers etc...just because a few like their stat etc, doesnt mean they have to ruin the game for the rest of us..seriously...some of us love the game, and dont care about stats....but those who do love it ...can always play themselves...but yeah, i give up, this is my only post about tracked FC servers....if you dont want to do it, ok, we can go further....but just know  1 thing.....You guys are ruining the game for the rest of us...i know you are admins, and you have all the right...but still...this used to be a hell of a game...

Indeed, who cares about tracker ... play SF mod without tracker if you love the game so much

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 15:08:48 PM »
lets listen to the active community and do what we can to help the ACTIVE members stay here.
PEOPLE want to make others aware that the game is still alive , but ive seen people come back play for 2 weeks and quit because of normal guns and no sf or mods.
i say we try to keep the ones playing happy and ALSO  try to bring NEW people to the game

as i stated in other posts , i have sent MASS EMAILS AND PRIVATE MESSAGES , through old forums, old links and even went to BT and sent 100 emails trying to get people back , but i feel might be a waste of time knowing they will come and then leave .
Who do you mean by this active community? The 500 people who play every day yet refuse to answer a simple vote?
I wouldn't call them active. I would call them ignorant.

And I don't know who you were targeting to only find mod-lovers within 100 players... You must have a good eye for them.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 15:37:06 PM »
Leave everything the way it is - for me it works just perfect and has proven itself.
KK people just want the tracking rules changed cause they recently changed their
server to FC. (Oh i see it's normal server again lmao)
And Ganja is quite right with his statement and I couldn't agree more.

Too many ideas popping up lately for my liking- also from people I have never ever heard of before.
They wanna create leagues, ladders, put the game in steam, redesign the whole of assist etc.etc.

I think too many cooks spoil the broth and you shouldn't forget how much work certain people have put into assist already to make it work  - I enjoy the game exactly the way it is and personally don't want all sorts of changes again seeing all of these overenthusiastic ideas - I also don't like the shoutbox being touched - works perfect for me.

Just my humble opinion

Lord-of-War  :style:
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 16:54:09 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 16:20:50 PM »
and some one mentioned a VOTE ?   and also said VOTES came from FORUM USERS MOSTLY  , well that seems very correct
You see, problem is that most of the active players (~90%) simply refuse to vote - they don't give a shit ... But if there is something wrong with new update, they all come to the forum to complain ... you can't complain when you didn't vote - period ...

... and that's why I wanted the voting system to be mandatory.

i say a great %% of posters are admins  noobies or members that DONT even play the game.
... and you are proffesional, are you? Unlike to these 90%, at least they care ...
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Bart!

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 16:29:32 PM »

and some one mentioned a VOTE ?   and also said VOTES came from FORUM USERS MOSTLY  , well that seems very correct , i say a great %% of posters are admins  noobies or members that DONT even play the game.

Maybe I did not play a lot lately, but as someone who is top 50 in total kills in this game, having played this game more than 1000 hours untracked as well, I think I can have my say as well despite me not being on line a lot lately.

You know what it is, even although some people don't play a lot at this moment, they are still more involved with this game by being active here, and some people, like me, intend to play more when they have the time for it.

I do agree more people in game should vote, but if you already got a notification when starting the game that you should vote now, and you still do not do it, and then the vote wins which you did not like, then who is to blame?

Furthermore, as it always is with more people, everybody will have a different opinion, the outcome will never satisfy everybody. But we are trying to make it as good for everybody as possible.

I still do not see the real issue with modded servers not being tracked, modding servers severely changes the balance of sides on a lot of maps, it is much easier to boost the stats in those servers. AFAIK modded servers are there purely for the fun factor, normal servers are usually a bit more competitive, so I do not see the issue of modded servers not being tracked
- They are meant for fun anyways, not for your own stats
- Balance is severely changed in some occasions, stats would be falsified.

If we had control over battletracker, I would be ok with making a seperate stats for modded servers, however, we do not have control over battletracker, I still think this was still the best option.

Offline darksoul__

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 17:52:29 PM »
Indeed, who cares about tracker ... play SF mod without tracker if you love the game so much
Believe me, i do not care for the tracker, just see my noob stats, i gave that up long time ago...but some prefer tracked server, so thats why they dont join modded server, and guess which is not tracked, yes the modded server....i like full servers, but when server is not tracked no one will join except the players who play it for the love of the game not stats

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 18:02:32 PM »
You are talking about people who dont vote. I am shocked at the ass holes who give an opion and dont even read the OP. Feacking idiots, including admin. Twice Eliz misqouted the OP. And so many others its unbelievable. Its like read ten different threads trying to work out what have of you dunces are talking about. Every thread in here goes the same way.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline darksoul__

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 18:20:45 PM »
They don't even talk about my post, they're just saying stuff, trying to confuse me lol....my question is still the same, why normal servers tracked but a Force Class server, or SF-server or Random server is not tracked...i don't talk about mods that gives you 10000 honor points...jesus christ, whats the different between an Force class and Normal server....i want everything to be the same, just a server that an admin can choose the guns..thats all...

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 18:32:29 PM »
When we first discussed about getting rid of tracker, there were users coming in complaining that no one joins normal gun servers. I remember that certain people came here and complained that they are not wiling to wait in empty server because most of players played in modded servers.

Then we had a vote, the vote I think lasted for 2-3 days and voting was mostly played by forum users or one of the fewer people that complained. The first vote was the forum poll vote which explains why the voting results were in favour to non mod players.

Then after a big decision, assist receives lots of complain about getting rid of tracker in modded servers. By saying '' they had a choice what server to join'' which is true, by any means you have to agree to that, this is a very valid point. They were not forced to join modded servers, and it just showed lack of interest from the players to wait for others in normal servers.

Through this whole time, admins still receive time from time about modded servers.

Since of new client release and great looking poll, this should be reconsidered in private admin section or even in ''respected member'' board. This would be fair to make a voting, this way the majority decides the faith, you would simply provide the answer saying majority voted for mods for the users that complain and you would do that for opposition too. You would not need to look for answers because there would be an answer plain simple.

At this moment we all try to make some point to why this happened, i remember both sides had valid points but for sure modded server players had stronger point by saying they were not forced to join them, they had a choice which makes me believe that the last voting was just a fail attempt and not even majority voted after all.

I am trying to make a conduct appeal. I would like to see voting back and players who play the game right now to decide what they want to do then we won't get any more of this.

AND let's not forget guys, the tracker is still for the looks, of course players will like modded servers, they can get more kills and easier kills, this is a game, in every game you want to have an advantage of others, it would even make life easier for newbies in the game with that SF with scope.

Looking back to 2.3 version, oh god, what days these were,using rpg and all kinds of mods for fun. I even remember shotgun + big jump or shotgun shooting rockets not long ago, when assist was still runned by previous devs, when assist was in free mode, it was fun, these were the fun days, sadly too many hardcore players started complaining that they can't get a good frag rate.

Now all I see normal gun servers, because modded servers aren't tracked, it's simple and I think assist should reconsider bringing back fun where you can laugh with your friends in teamspeak about how ridiculous the kills are :)) I smile all the time when talking about old days, now I see that assist is going to the way and we all forget the fun.

I know admins respond to this already, mods are still there, it's just not tracked, exactly guys, it's not tracked and no one will be willing to use mods in the server because they ar e not tracked, shows how admins care about tracker too, it doesn't matter what is ur K/D ratio, for god sake this is a damn old game, should only conduct fun not to make some hardcore tactical game, because there is no way to compete with games like arma or new games that are coming everyday. 
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 18:37:16 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager