Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: [mAAp] Shipment  (Read 3981 times)

Offline Ganja

[mAAp] Shipment
« on: Tuesday, May 05, 2015, 16:51:28 PM »
I played some shipment today and noticed something that should be changed IMO.

One side has a huge car on their spawn, which makes it a really easy spot to stay, while the other team doesnt have it. And that same team  with the car-advantage also has a G while the other team doesn't.

If you think it shouldn't be changed, could we at least call it assault and defence since there's such a difference of fairness ?

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: [mAAp] Shipment
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 05, 2015, 21:25:34 PM »
The map was first created in a different game (Call of Duty http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Shipment ) . It's obvious that a different gameplay and even the size bring in compromises...I think your best chance to play it would be forceclassing everyone to the same weapon, an m16 or M4 with m68 aimpoint.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 05, 2015, 23:07:45 PM »
Actually, one team has 3 Grenadier slots, the other has 2. The one that has 2 has them in further down FireTeams so they would be unlocked later. I just changed the FireTeams to be equal so the first one has 2 Riflemen, 1 AR and a G.

I'll be adding this to the Dev Dropbox so ELiZ can add it when convenient.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 06, 2015, 00:28:02 AM »
Updated map has been pushed to all Clients/Servers

Offline Ganja

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 06, 2015, 04:48:18 AM »
Thank you. Although I would have deleted the G on both teams  but no problem.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 06, 2015, 12:22:34 PM »
It's more for the lulz, the 203 doesn't do much on that map. It's sometimes fun to peg someone when they're shooting at you though :)

Plus, keep in mind, I'm a lazy dev and I always copy playerstarts from other maps, so that's why there's a G. It's probably from Bridge or something.

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 06, 2015, 13:57:36 PM »
Actually using M203 grenade launcher is pretty OP in that map with instant kill from spawn to spawn and spawn to any of the other corners.

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Offline Ganja

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 06, 2015, 14:45:06 PM »
Actually using M203 grenade launcher is pretty OP in that map with instant kill from spawn to spawn and spawn to any of the other corners.

Indeed. But I'm already happy enough with fair teams

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 06, 2015, 20:05:29 PM »

You can't spawn spam on there... there's 8 containers in the way. By the time you spend 4 seconds to move to a position to fire the 203, the enemy has already gotten there as well and is probably returning fire. It's a very quick map and I think any advantage with a 203 is outweighed by the barrage of bullets flying at you. It's pretty much a 1-shot 203 map.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 07, 2015, 05:06:46 AM »
You can't spawn spam on there... there's 8 containers in the way. By the time you spend 4 seconds to move to a position to fire the 203, the enemy has already gotten there as well and is probably returning fire. It's a very quick map and I think any advantage with a 203 is outweighed by the barrage of bullets flying at you. It's pretty much a 1-shot 203 map.

Not when the server is full, trust me. Plus when you're behind that big car, it's pretty hard to hit you. But it's true it doesn't have a huge advantage as on other maps

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 08, 2015, 14:19:29 PM »
You can't spawn spam on there...
Wanna bet? just jump a big behind to the trashcan (time to get gun ready) and use 203 over containers. easiest kills, even easier than RPG on collapsed tunnel (and I actually tried it) lol The only way it doesnt work is when people rush middle otherwise you either kill or leave people red unless youre completely inapt. Even if people rush middle, they have to deal with yuour team mates and you still have time to change mode... Most admins even have the rule against using it...

I'm a lazy dev and I always copy playerstarts from other maps
Couldnt it be changed to M16 only like collapsed tunnel? To me, I think non auto-guns would be so much coller there...

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager