Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: [HackHunter] FixJam improvement  (Read 4335 times)

Offline Petrol

[HackHunter] FixJam improvement
« on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 03:55:49 AM »
Hi,
I wold like to present you my idea about fighting with bug users. It is because lot of hack-hunter warnings is just ancient. In my opinion it would be much better, to provoke weapon jam (`strawberry`) instead of shaking player. Also hack hunter information shouldn't be visible for enemy, cause it give him unfair advantage.

Yours
Damn Hacker

Offline Ganja

Re: [HackHunter] FixJam improvement
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 05:29:48 AM »
Good idea, but I still don't understand how people can't handle the shaking. When you start shaking just press "1" and then press "1" again and you're good to go, no disadvantage for you ... with a bit of luck the enemy will rush u cauz they saw the message and u just shoot em, hallelujah

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 07:04:08 AM »
I say remove shaking and all other features called "hackhunter"
The shaking is stupid, and isn't really a suitable punishment for ie proneshooting since the punishment is worse than the act itself. Sure you can't get killed because of fucked up hitboxes, but all the other features that it punishes. Runnade (which isnt really a runnade like it use to be, u can't pull the pin anymore whilst running like u use to) Running with gun, which doesn't even work since you can't shoot and run at the same time in this version. So remove it, it's only annoying.

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 12, 2014, 13:57:52 PM »
I say remove shaking and all other features called "hackhunter"
The shaking is stupid, and isn't really a suitable punishment for ie proneshooting since the punishment is worse than the act itself. Sure you can't get killed because of fucked up hitboxes, but all the other features that it punishes. Runnade (which isnt really a runnade like it use to be, u can't pull the pin anymore whilst running like u use to) Running with gun, which doesn't even work since you can't shoot and run at the same time in this version. So remove it, it's only annoying.
It's only annoying to those who are used to doing it. I've never accidentally triggered running with gun or nade. I don't consider your screen shaking for a bit to be worse than getting killed by someone who is using an exploit to gain an unfair advantage.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 00:55:13 AM »
People would rage about fixjam too but I kinda like that idea. Maybe change global broadcast to a message sent only to the user. I'm pretty sure it's possible to do a "admin message" to just 1 user isn't it?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 01:13:47 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's possible to do a "admin message" to just 1 user isn't it?
It is from the admin console, so I would guess it should be otherwise as well.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 02:24:50 AM »
It's only annoying to those who are used to doing it. I've never accidentally triggered running with gun or nade. I don't consider your screen shaking for a bit to be worse than getting killed by someone who is using an exploit to gain an unfair advantage.
I, together with pretty much everyone in the match community did runnades from version 1.5 and forward. Not anymore tho, and running with gun when fooling around or playing against hackers for sure back in the days. Nowadays the accidental proneshooting with the AR only happens to me, and I will always find it retarded.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 13, 2014, 07:49:27 AM »
People would rage about fixjam too but I kinda like that idea
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline nevertalks

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 24, 2014, 09:18:50 AM »
Had this yesterday but then the other way

going from prone to stand position

This also gives me the pronebug warning... is this normal?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 24, 2014, 09:27:32 AM »
Had this yesterday but then the other way

going from prone to stand position

This also gives me the pronebug warning... is this normal?

Yup, it's during the proces of ging prone and standing up that the hitzone are fuked

Offline nevertalks

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 24, 2014, 09:37:07 AM »
Ok.

I better be carefull next time then  :cool:

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 24, 2014, 11:30:41 AM »
HH messages need to be public just as PB kicks :D, otherwise no one would known if someone is doing suspect stuff.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager