Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Are you interested to join this event if the schedule works for you?

Hell yeah, we're having a team for this already.
33 (21.4%)
Yep, I would like to join, but have no team.
94 (61%)
Nope, Im not interested at all.
27 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: Wednesday, September 02, 2015, 07:27:27 AM

Author Topic: Scrim cup  (Read 49017 times)

Offline ronski

Re: Scrim cup
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 06:50:09 AM »
ice cream ?
:) it kind of made me want some too

Offline Infinity

« Reply #121 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 06:53:40 AM »
:) it kind of made me want some too

hell yeah it did.. you made me go buy ice cream in the middle of the night to quench my thirst :D

Offline ronski

« Reply #122 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 07:10:54 AM »
I know my clan so its better to make like in all sports diffrents in levels. you know the 3 that end high and the 3 that end low now :up: :down:
The thing is that next there'll be a real tournament which lasts for weeks. The organizer decides which teams are playing against each other and on which week, but teams will fix the date together, they pick the time they find is the best. The same kind of tournament can be organized to US too, if there are enough interested teams.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #123 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 07:50:36 AM »
I know my clan so its better to make like in all sports diffrents in levels. you know the 3 that end high and the 3 that end low now :up: :down:
Impossible with the amount of teams now.

I understand what you mean, and you are definitely right, however, if we want to do that, we need more teams.

Offline panther-

« Reply #124 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 11:04:45 AM »
did the cup start already? I have no team but would love to pick-up.

Offline ronski

« Reply #125 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 11:08:28 AM »
did the cup start already? I have no team but would love to pick-up.
we played one day event yesterday, we are  still planning the next one.

Offline panther-

« Reply #126 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 11:16:02 AM »
thanks ronski! do you know of any pickup team that needs/would like to beef up their roster maybe?

Offline ronski

« Reply #127 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 11:21:08 AM »
nope, but Im sure there are some. Maybe some day we'll set up a scrim draft too.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #128 on: Sunday, September 27, 2015, 11:42:59 AM »
or.. you just start playing more scrims and training other maps as well than border :)

It's by playing other maps that you learn the game. I don't want to sound rude but I think everyone would be "klass2" because nobody plays competition as well as they did back in the day. Only a couple of active players have some basic tournament tactics

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #129 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 17:07:14 PM »
Impossible with the amount of teams now.

I understand what you mean, and you are definitely right, however, if we want to do that, we need more teams.
If you understand this than you also will understand that de diffrends is to big and with that the fun to play will be low.

Offline ronski

« Reply #130 on: Monday, September 28, 2015, 17:34:50 PM »
The next one will be more like a league, where teams will decide together with opponents when they will face each other, they can pick any time that works for them best from decent week or - days. Teams will be divided to groups, and teams will play twice against each other inside the group. We're keeping scoreboard from all the data we can collect, basically it means that from victory you get for example two points and if match ends like 6-6 both teams gets one point. But then we could update a scoreboard from kills and deaths too. After every team have played twice against each team in group starts playoffs, where teams will play several matches and for example best out of three or five will go forward.

The real planning process hasn't even started yet, but we're going to have nice long lasting tournament :)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 05:04:07 AM »
This would be a mix between a league and a tournament. Sounds fun.

Like you noticed for the first event, people say they will play but don't show up. That's how it's always been in the cups that were made since Assist is popular. People come and go and don't stay long enough to finish a tournament and it makes it noncool ... Hope this is going to be different.

Offline ronski

« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 06:00:45 AM »
That's why one requirement to be able to join might be having own server what to use.

Offline Infinity

« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 14:52:57 PM »
I dont think that's viable.. how many clans are actually active?

Offline panther-

« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 18:13:20 PM »
plenty of freelance players though. should try and make some teams for us(/them) somehow.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager