Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Another Ban Happy admin caught on cameras....  (Read 11176 times)

Offline Vilkas

• View Profile
Re: Another Ban Happy admin caught on cameras....
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 12:00:25 PM »
Why should i spend time posting it here when obviously a bad guy is me in the story:))

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 12:11:32 PM »
Who said you're the bad guy? What I said is there's just no way for us to know what happened.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Bart!

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 12:40:56 PM »
I just saw an unicorn flying over a rainbow at SF Hospital.

Anyways, as everybody already said, the only option for now is to go to their website and ask about the ban. For this moment we can not do anything against these bans.

Offline Vilkas

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 13:42:59 PM »
Good for u bart, maybe u saw santa too?

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 13:46:44 PM »
We care, because, believe it or not, we care about the people that play this game (well, most of you anyways :P). If players are being kicked and banned from servers unfairly, that affects us as their ability to play the game is limited. As you probably know, this is a bigger problem now as there are not that many server to play on unlike back in the old days of AA2. I'd also like to point out that the more people that get unfairly banned, the less people you have to play with/against, and that's not a good thing.

Well, so it looks like you just have started to. You (admins) have never done anything in this case and I'm sure you won't do a single thing this time. As I remember well I've been banned from HT servers several times in last year. Going something like 20-0 (without typing a single word in the chat) on their server against five of them is not very welcome. It's not in my character to come here and bitch about it as threadstarter does. I guess there were maaaany more cases like that. I can't do anything, so do you. River of useless words...   

In short, we care, and you should too. The problem is that there isn't much we can do about it that would be effective or not have a negative impact on the game.

I've never seen any sign (effect) you do and no, I don't care about it, sorry. I enjoy playing Americas Army from time to time, not SF Hospital which became only map these guys play. I don't respect players playing only this particular map, it's my personal opinion and I have a right to have one. Respect it as I respect yours. AA2 is pretty much dead from long time and situation is not changing at all. You should get that more people left because no other maps are played everyday than some serveral situations when not-so-smart-addicted-to-hospital admin has a worse day. I don't blame you, and I really admire your work and other admins but life's life Killaman.

@rmcdzk who cares? I do and should the rest because if you are getting banned on top servers for no reason then this is how they push players to play other games and leave the game because there is nothing to play. Your comment is so dumb.

Who cares about you? Please...
I don't believe in a single word you say. A guy so mentally weak to try hacks. I despise people like you man, you should have been pernamently banned and now you should be playing sims or something. Ares was absolutely right about you, but nowadays honest people saying hard truth are pretty much in minority, shame. ;)

Anyways, as everybody already said, the only option for now is to go to their website and ask about the ban. For this moment we can not do anything against these bans.

Offline Vilkas

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 14:01:37 PM »

Who cares about you? Please...
I don't believe in a single word you say. A guy so mentally weak to try hacks. I despise people like you man, you should have been pernamently banned and now you should be playing sims or something. Ares was absolutely right about you, but nowadays honest people saying hard truth are pretty much in minority, shame. ;)

You have wasted some time of your life writing to me like I care, I don't understand why people like you or any other guy who commented even is here, I complained to admins not you or anybody else, Don't comment if you don't know what happened.

But at least you gave a fair point against HT ban happy kids and that admins don't do shit about it.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 14:24:15 PM »
We all don't know what happened. Fact is that rmcdzk is right here in the fact that it happens a longer time, and that nothing is done about it by us.
The reason why is, that I don't see anything we can do about it now, if anybody got suggestions that are also tolerated to use, feel free to share them with us. But for now I do not see any.

Trust me, we would love to see admin abuse go away, we would love to see other maps being played more often and we are trying to find ways to encourage people to explore other maps, but some things are not as easy as it seems, you can't just take somebody's own server admin rights away like this, just because somebody said he was banned unfairly.

Offline Vilkas

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 14:29:41 PM »
I suggested something.

Add text to the loading screen saying something '' Ban happy admin abuse is not tolerated'' at least it will be something for the start.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 14:52:32 PM »
And hacking is also not allowed, should they put that also somewhere for you?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 14:53:35 PM »
I suggested something.

Add text to the loading screen saying something '' Ban happy admin abuse is not tolerated'' at least it will be something for the start.
A message about something like that on the loading screen can only do so much. They might read it and lough, they might read it and think about how they admin their server, but most of the time they'll still do whatever the like. I'm 100% certain all of such bans are impulsive and that given 24h to think about it before banning would mean the person wouldn't be banned 90% of the time. However, since they've already banned them and don't wanna back down from their position, admins will never really admit to something like that.

The fact that we never KNOW what happened on a server makes punishing someone for being abusive next to impossible. Once they understand we rarely have any proof of unjust banning, they would just go back to their old ways.

And hacking is also not allowed, should they put that also somewhere for you?

It's in the TOS ;)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 14:58:21 PM »
That's way to difficult for poor wolf... thats why he got banned... its not easy to see!
Plz put it somewhere in assist, like a pop up haha

Zzzzzz

Offline Vilkas

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 15:00:22 PM »
Bolie gtfo this post, nobody asked u to come here and post your opinion. Wasting ur life.

With that said topic locked:)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager