Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: SO you dont believe in God.  (Read 55564 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: SO you dont believe in God.
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 19:14:40 PM »
Hopefully even though you disagree with global warming/climate change, you still do your part to preserve the environment. If not, that's a pretty unchristian thing to do for your family and fellow man.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 19:34:09 PM »
Just a random post passing by. Fuck you all.
Let's talk about Communism :P.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 21:00:23 PM »
Good idea, Possessed :)

The other day we were discussing where our country's current leadership is heading (I can't for the life of me think with who, though lol) and we got to communism in 2 different stages. Fun stuff :)

And if Vegeta still doesn't understand that climate change is more complex than mere temprature, he's a lost cause anyway.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Dialects

« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 23:15:37 PM »
At first I was interested by the thread's title. Then, as I caught up to the several on and off-topic replies, I somewhat started to feel very wary of even commenting, let alone share my own take on Evolution and sub-sequently God as one can never really talk about the former without at the very least considering the latter.

Despite this I figured it wouldn't hurt to participate even if only to later realise how de-contextualized or misunderstood my words may have been --or, on the contrary, how lacking my ability to express, understand, percept and summarise may have been altogether.

The aforementioned realisation that within a circunstancial event (1) lies an ever established conflict / morphe between two or more points of perception is the very key to understanding the degree of subjectivity and relativeness that humanity has ever since tried to understand and convey in an objective manner. While this nature-driven premisse enriches and provides versatility and dynamism abundantly it often limits and preemptively prevents us from connecting to the core essence that ties us to the Earth, further inducing humanity unto an individual-based perception of any events in occurrance while simultaenously alienating the value of its various forms of input and output.

(1) - Whether the nature of the conflict in understanding something is made responsible at the expense of an exterior reaction or at the otherwise lack of a clear enough action from its punctual source; --In order words, whether the nature of the conflict arises from the deflected frequency of an output or otherwise the infected input of the same kind.

Evolution henceforth becomes not just a simple matter of belief or proof given how fragile and human-limited these concepts are in nature. It could then be said or otherwise refuted that we understand nothing of the World we live in but merely of the World we, as a form of genetic compromise, can perceive. Given this condition it is then possible to presume Evolution as not being a systematical and cyclical progression/regression from Point A to Point B but rather an a-systematical and terminal form of expression of a single exclusive Point A that is subsequently theorised and hypothesised as progressive or otherwise depending on the given ability to percept at the exact moment of the event.

Figuratively speaking you could say Evolution is not within the sum of the colours and strokes that make a painting but rather in how unrelated they are throughout the process. Evolution exists not in what is but in what isn't. Have you ever thought about it? Religions tells us what is through no need of proof [i.e:. This is a painting and it is absolute as a single entity] whereas Science tells us what could be through the seek and summarise of proof [i.e:. This might be a painting given the sum of its various entities] -- though none look to assert both what was and was not at the given moment of its discovery/contemplation.

Ironically, it is Art who has been most concerned with documenting perception of what was/is and wasn't/isn't. For instance, Prehistoric Art/Paintings are a prime example of this as it produced records of what several animals looked to be and not be, were and weren't and came to be and be not. In this sense, one could bring fundament to the statement that percept of Evolution is only as great as that through which it is expressed. In this regard, the Bible and any other past/current scientific thesis should be considered records of the evolution of its components deflective of conjugal meaning or quantitification as opposed to singular veins from which Evolution is sought perceptively.

P.S:. I might have, well, gotten a bit carried away in all this. I did try writing as little as I could without sacrificing too much of the vital information that coheres around the subject that is Evolution and its fundamental ingredients.

That's my contribution!
/Dan
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 23:21:28 PM by Dialects »
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 04:27:51 AM »
Hopefully even though you disagree with global warming/climate change, you still do your part to preserve the environment. If not, that's a pretty unchristian thing to do for your family and fellow man.
How can I be unchristian in your opinion if there is no God in your opinion?
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 04:29:13 AM »
Good idea, Possessed :)

The other day we were discussing where our country's current leadership is heading (I can't for the life of me think with who, though lol) and we got to communism in 2 different stages. Fun stuff :)

And if Vegeta still doesn't understand that climate change is more complex than mere temprature, he's a lost cause anyway.

Why are you still avoiding the simple question I asked you?
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 04:49:58 AM »
At first I was interested by the thread's title. Then, as I caught up to the several on and off-topic replies, I somewhat started to feel very wary of even commenting, let alone share my own take on Evolution and sub-sequently God as one can never really talk about the former without at the very least considering the latter.

Despite this I figured it wouldn't hurt to participate even if only to later realise how de-contextualized or misunderstood my words may have been --or, on the contrary, how lacking my ability to express, understand, percept and summarise may have been altogether.

The aforementioned realisation that within a circunstancial event (1) lies an ever established conflict / morphe between two or more points of perception is the very key to understanding the degree of subjectivity and relativeness that humanity has ever since tried to understand and convey in an objective manner. While this nature-driven premisse enriches and provides versatility and dynamism abundantly it often limits and preemptively prevents us from connecting to the core essence that ties us to the Earth, further inducing humanity unto an individual-based perception of any events in occurrance while simultaenously alienating the value of its various forms of input and output.

(1) - Whether the nature of the conflict in understanding something is made responsible at the expense of an exterior reaction or at the otherwise lack of a clear enough action from its punctual source; --In order words, whether the nature of the conflict arises from the deflected frequency of an output or otherwise the infected input of the same kind.

Evolution henceforth becomes not just a simple matter of belief or proof given how fragile and human-limited these concepts are in nature. It could then be said or otherwise refuted that we understand nothing of the World we live in but merely of the World we, as a form of genetic compromise, can perceive. Given this condition it is then possible to presume Evolution as not being a systematical and cyclical progression/regression from Point A to Point B but rather an a-systematical and terminal form of expression of a single exclusive Point A that is subsequently theorised and hypothesised as progressive or otherwise depending on the given ability to percept at the exact moment of the event.

Figuratively speaking you could say Evolution is not within the sum of the colours and strokes that make a painting but rather in how unrelated they are throughout the process. Evolution exists not in what is but in what isn't. Have you ever thought about it? Religions tells us what is through no need of proof [i.e:. This is a painting and it is absolute as a single entity] whereas Science tells us what could be through the seek and summarise of proof [i.e:. This might be a painting given the sum of its various entities] -- though none look to assert both what was and was not at the given moment of its discovery/contemplation.

Ironically, it is Art who has been most concerned with documenting perception of what was/is and wasn't/isn't. For instance, Prehistoric Art/Paintings are a prime example of this as it produced records of what several animals looked to be and not be, were and weren't and came to be and be not. In this sense, one could bring fundament to the statement that percept of Evolution is only as great as that through which it is expressed. In this regard, the Bible and any other past/current scientific thesis should be considered records of the evolution of its components deflective of conjugal meaning or quantitification as opposed to singular veins from which Evolution is sought perceptively.

P.S:. I might have, well, gotten a bit carried away in all this. I did try writing as little as I could without sacrificing too much of the vital information that coheres around the subject that is Evolution and its fundamental ingredients.

That's my contribution!
/Dan

Yes Dan you did get carried away. And I noticed you put in a lot of effort in this post compared to your other posts.
Looks like you are looking for some approval/back slapping. So well done nice philasophical post. When I asked for inteligent conversation. I was only asking we could raise the conversation to my childrens level. What you posted there is completly wasted in here. So if you really want to post something that you actully understand on said subjects please feel free to post. Seems you might be somewhat of a dipnasophist?

Offline Dialects

« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 05:13:11 AM »
[Yes Dan you did get carried away. And I noticed you put in a lot of effort in this post compared to your other posts.

I didn't put quite as much effort to this post as I would've liked. I've been known to write quite the essays when it comes to subjects that involve more than a simple Yes/No answer...yet even in those I tend to end up using three of four phrases for the effect.

Looks like you are looking for some approval/back slapping. So well done nice philasophical post.

I appreciate your feedback eventhough I wasn't effectively looking for approval or back-slapping of any kind. I was merely adhering to the debate and sharing my views on the subject. I'd be better off suited looking for approval/dismissal somewhere else more in-line with the kind of approach I presented above.

When I asked for inteligent conversation. I was only asking we could raise the conversation to my childrens level. What you posted there is completly wasted in here. So if you really want to post something that you actully understand on said subjects please feel free to post.

Oh, but I am quite the children myself. Regardless of whether or not what I posted is considered to one's perspective as waste I'm rather happy that I got to put some thoughts down. Heck, if anything it made me type & think which is quite the joy :)

Seems you might be somewhat of a dipnasophist?

You got me there. The correct word is deipnosophist, though!

/Dan
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 11:38:55 AM »
everyone pulls me on my spelling but I must say you have a great attitude You didnt bite in the way I expected :)
Thats a plus.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 16:55:26 PM »
How can I be unchristian in your opinion if there is no God in your opinion?
You claim to be christian/religious. My simple point was that if you don't believe our impact on the planet and don't care about it... ruining the world for your fellow man and family isn't very christ-like.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 18:31:01 PM »
You claim to be christian/religious. My simple point was that if you don't believe our impact on the planet and don't care about it... ruining the world for your fellow man and family isn't very christ-like.

Spanky I do hold you in high esteem here, higher than almost everyone else. But you are going down like a lead ballon lately.

Do we have an impact on the planet yes and very detremental its been to. Do I believe the lies the usa and europe are telling about the impending disaster, if we dont give money to help our carbon foot print, What a load of shit that is. No I dont believe the blatant lies. All your scientists are goverment funded. They will all do what there told or there out of a job. Wakey wakey guys. Ostriches all that I see here ostriches.

This guy is a well repected man amont many intlects.
Do your selves a favour and open your eyes for once.
And he is not a Christian.

Now please quote where I said I dont care or what I said that gave you reason to print " I dont care"

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 19:15:28 PM »
Vegeta there's plenty of reasons to distrust governments but you don't have to immediately deny everything connected to a government... Besides, name something that isn't connected to a government, everything is in one way or another.

Do you realize how unbelievably hypocritical you have been in this thread? I feel bad for the disrespect you've got but I think that you've earned it with your posts. On the other hand, you have disrespected everyone else. Do you understand the concept of a carbon footprint? It's not a scam, everyone has one. I haven't seen anyone in this thread mention forced regulation of carbon output or UN control over countries or anything like that. There's certainly a debate to be had there (though you have made it clear that you don't want a debate). But there isn't much of a debate whether humans have caused changes in the climate. And it's also pretty clear what effects those changes will have, from rising temperatures and sea level to more frequent extreme weather events. Sorry to everyone for bringing up climate change, but like I said I just knew that Vegeta would have a lot to say using typical talking points based on fear because he is so predictable.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, April 22, 2015, 20:53:12 PM »
Spanky I do hold you in high esteem here, higher than almost everyone else. But you are going down like a lead ballon lately.
I really don't care about having or creating a reputation here. I don't expect to be honored or respected, I'm just another average joe on here.

Do we have an impact on the planet yes and very detremental its been to. Do I believe the lies the usa and europe are telling about the impending disaster, if we dont give money to help our carbon foot print, What a load of shit that is. No I dont believe the blatant lies. All your scientists are goverment funded. They will all do what there told or there out of a job. Wakey wakey guys. Ostriches all that I see here ostriches.
If we're wrong about the climate and environment, what's the bad news to come out of that? Nothing. It's unexpected good news. But what if we're right and people continue to do nothing? Life would be very shitty for those able to continue living on this destroyed planet. Just because you haven't seen extreme events linked to climate change or just because you can't see pollution where you live doesn't mean it's non-existent across the globe. The problem with our understanding of the environment is that it's such a vastly complex system with more variables than we can think of. We know pollution exists on many levels, we know what it can do but we don't know what the tipping point is or what the long-term effects will be. But, why not be cautious, why not try to preserve what we do have?

Now please quote where I said I dont care or what I said that gave you reason to print " I dont care"
You never said you DID care. The first thing you do is try to insult people or tell everyone they're wrong or being childish rather than respond to pertinent points brought up by other people... you know... discussion.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 00:37:05 AM »
All your scientists are goverment funded. They will all do what there told or there out of a job.
I don't know about scientists in other countries, but where I work (an actual scientific research center), the latter is simply not the case.

Yes, we are funded by "governement". But not really by our own government, most of the money comes from European projects such as FP7 and Horizon 2020. I don't exactly know who funds those things (European Union probably), but in no way is are you obliged to get a result that suits some "governement".
Each time we start doing something, a project proposal is written. In it is described how and what we're planning to do as well as who and how it will help, plus how long the development would take and how much it would cost. This proposal is then either approved or not approved (most don't get approval). If approved, we get some funding and start working on it.
However, it is entirely possible - even likely - that some projects will not get the same result that was predicted in the proposal. We're looking into the unknown and thus can never be 100% sure.

While we work in mostly in underwater biomimetic robotics, I am fairly certain that the same kind of procedure is valid in most all research centers (btw, there is private funding as well). There's been plenty on controversial research done in every field. Chances are, the ones who payed for it will not like the outcome, but that doesn't mean the outcome is changed.

On that same point, I don't see how lying about climate change would benefit any nation/continent. If you accept climate change, you will have to pay for the effects - or rather the lessening of future effects - yourself as well and even if some of this stuff is carried out within your jurastication, you will not get more money back then you give out.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #164 on: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 03:51:36 AM »
If you can't see global warming you are a bit out of hand then don't you think. If you look to Antarctica and Greenland, the ice there keeps on melting because the temperature keeps dropping and more and more heat continues to approach there which result in ice being melted. I have actually been near Greenland in the college trip where I had to travel from uk to 1 week trip and I've been there and i've seen pictures and statistic 2007 to 2014 and believe it or not, the situation is not getting better but getting worse. Because we heat atmosphere (air) with radiation factories and so on causing this because  we waste those products to the atmosphere, so you get my point that for this kind of thing it's our fault for ice melting not the sun solar system.

Basically you just don't want to see the truth and you will keep ignoring to what I've said, actually I been there and seen the changes with pictures, various tests that they do. Water is rising and in hundred years it could flood the whole continentals. Like spanky said it will happen at one point, we don't know when, maybe we wont see it but generations will if we keep wasting radiation into the air.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 23, 2015, 03:54:52 AM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager