Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: SO you dont believe in God.  (Read 56000 times)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
Re: SO you dont believe in God.
« Reply #135 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 17:58:02 PM »
LOL Vegeta you said literally exactly what I expected/wanted you to say.

And did you tell anyone that so we would all no its true? Nope. nice try not.

I can't understand how anyone can really deny climate change. Lake temperatures are rising all over the globe, Arctic is melting, 99% of scientists agree... I mean, if nothing else maybe God is using climate change for an apocalyptic event right??

Dont suppose you would because your convinced your correct> so do you have any evidence of these 99% scientists? Were are these lakes that are rising? and by how much are they rising? and for how long have they been measuring these lakes?

scientistsSo if it's not real, why do so many scientists and others talk about it? Is it the big bad USA/EU trying to stifle development in China and India? Is it those pesky liberals trying to cut down energy corporation profits?[/quote]

Why would usa and europe be concerned about the biggest devolping country in the world that buy all our rubbish waste etc. To stripe it and recycle it and sell it back to us. They out sold usa for car sales for the first time in history. And it will be repeated every following years for a very long time.
They provide most of the UKs material. The UK now produsces nothing any where near what they did in the past The country is on its knees.
Wonder if it because the UK closed its coal mines to help the ozone (LOL) whist China opens up two mines a week. What a joke  and hypocritcal pair of arse holes europe and the us are. If theres a hole in the ozone the usa and europe caused it. So suck it up china is ten times bigger in every department than usa. They will expaned at a fantastic rate. They dont look after there people health wise. So they make a far greater rate form there workers. Just like america and europe done in the past . Why are they concerd. Dont kid your self its about climate change lol.

Please dont for get the questions I asked you when you come back. Please provide some info on you post.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 18:03:02 PM »
Take a minute and say this out loud and let it soak in. If you still don't get it, say it to a mirror.

Ahh Spankys found the lowest form of wit. A step backwards IMO.

... It PROVOKES climate change.
Without fancy words: Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig ... We shifted the coming of the next ice age for some good dozen / tens of thousands years ahead - 'is just behind the door'.  So, frankly speaking: We Are Pretty Much F******.
global warming causes an ice age? now thats clever.

You said global warming provkes climate change and climate change brings and ice age lol so funny. Please bring some eveidence and you soarse.
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny

Offline Alex

« Reply #137 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 18:18:42 PM »
I guess we're on climate change now? Not sure why people still deny it's a thing. It's quite humorous.
Here's some links that may interest you vegeta. I don't have to time to properly search into this but a quick search showed plenty of results for climate change support. Some of these are public and free articles. I do have access to many scientific articles from academic and professional peer reviewed journals but unfortunately a lot of them are behind a pay wall and I only have access to them from being a University of Michigan student so not able to link anything substantial. But if it's just the amount of people agreeing with climate change you want, take a look at all of these scientific articles. Sure you can actually read most of them, but the abstract describes what they're about.

http://www.sciencemag.org/search?site_area=sciencejournals&y=0&fulltext=climate%20change&x=0&journalcode=sci&journalcode=sigtrans&journalcode=scitransmed&submit=yes

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/
http://climate.nasa.gov/

If you don't trust US government sites.

http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/8/2/024024/article
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/306/5702/1686.full

I'll also give you an except from that last link
he 928 papers were divided into six categories: explicit endorsement of the consensus position, evaluation of impacts, mitigation proposals, methods, paleoclimate analysis, and rejection of the consensus position. Of all the papers, 75% fell into the first three categories, either explicitly or implicitly accepting the consensus view; 25% dealt with methods or paleoclimate, taking no position on current anthropogenic climate change. Remarkably, none of the papers disagreed with the consensus position.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 20, 2015, 18:23:17 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Ronny123

« Reply #138 on: Monday, April 20, 2015, 18:38:58 PM »
Guyss...! serious?
go read your bible , dont make such a big mistake! dont use ur brain wrong..
every history book , all the world know jesus , and his history!
please dont make a big mistake ,and go read your bible..

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 00:44:45 AM »
global warming causes an ice age? now thats clever.

You said global warming provkes climate change and climate change brings and ice age lol so funny. Please bring some eveidence and you soarse.
Climate is a vastly more complex system then temperature. So obviously a significant increase in temprature can change other aspects of the climate, which in turn can - without a doubt - result in a reduction in temperature.
I didn't read any of the links Killa put up, but I'd bet some of them also talk about how exactly this happens.

However, I'll give you an easy example. You know, when the Earth got struck with an asteroid (or meteor? I don't really know) some 65 million years ago (when the dinosours were wiped out), the asteroid also brought a lot more energy to the earth, immense heat near where the asteroid landed (hence the glass that formed nearby). So temperature should have risen, right? No, because it also made these huge dust clouds that completely covererd the Earth from sunlight and thus made it colder (plus, of coure significantly lessened the oxygen being created). Of course this is just a simplification, but what it means is that it's not just about the one change you see at first site.
The reason I chose this example (while there are others), is because it's also a sudden change (even though infitely more sudden than what we're seeing right now in climate change).

Another thing I've been dying to discuss is your apparant hatred towards citations. I don't suppose you've been a part of a scientific research party? Or even read a scientific article, for that matter?
They are almost always composed of a lot of citations from other, earlier works. If you had to thurally explain every aspect of what you're doing in every article, all the articles would be 10 times longer and would take more than 10 times as long to write, because a lot of the things would need supporting experiments. You cannot do without citing other people's work.

The same should apply in here. Chances are, none of us will have seen evolution at a macro scale, because nobody claims it to work in one generation (and probably none, or very few of us, have scientificly observed it themselves), just as probably none us have themselves measured global warming as it's to do with climate change and climate is a sort of long term whether, the change of which can't be measured within one decade. But the same way, you did not see - let alone write - the actions in the bible. We're all just recollecting  (sometimes even citing) what we've seen others do.

OK, well let's try to talk on "topic" here.
Have you ever seen how the human embryo evolves in the uterus? It first looks like a fish and then starts forming more of a human shape. There are many stages of this transformation. It was taught to us in High School, and while I haven't seen it first hand, I have no reason to doubt the research done decades before my time.
Obviously the embryo won't have an "ape" shape, since that's such a small milestone in our evolution, however if this doesn't show that we evolved from another species, I don't know what would.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 04:37:10 AM »
I guess we're on climate change now? Not sure why people still deny it's a thing. It's quite humorous.
Here's some links that may interest you vegeta. I don't have to time to properly search into this but a quick search showed plenty of results for climate change support. Some of these are public and free articles. I do have access to many scientific articles from academic and professional peer reviewed journals but unfortunately a lot of them are behind a pay wall and I only have access to them from being a University of Michigan student so not able to link anything substantial. But if it's just the amount of people agreeing with climate change you want, take a look at all of these scientific articles. Sure you can actually read most of them, but the abstract describes what they're about.

http://www.sciencemag.org/search?site_area=sciencejournals&y=0&fulltext=climate%20change&x=0&journalcode=sci&journalcode=sigtrans&journalcode=scitransmed&submit=yes

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/
http://climate.nasa.gov/

If you don't trust US government sites.

http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/8/2/024024/article
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/306/5702/1686.full

I'll also give you an except from that last link

What a joke Killaman now decides he wants to come in and have a serious conversation. Because He seems to think that he knows something on global warming/climate change. You have looked up a couple of on board siites that are slanted to the goverments agenda. heard about it all in school. You singed up aswell because the "scientists said so" Go and do some reasearch of your own and once you have a balenced view come back and tell us both sides until you know both sides go away and dont expect me to read that tripe until YOU know what your talking about. You had nothing but scorn for both my topics and now you really expect me to look up this perpaid dung lol. Open your eyes. And dont do what the school told you.

Climate is a vastly more complex system then temperature. So obviously a significant increase in temprature can change other aspects of the climate, which in turn can - without a doubt - result in a reduction in temperature.
I didn't read any of the links Killa put up, but I'd bet some of them also talk about how exactly this happens.

However, I'll give you an easy example. You know, when the Earth got struck with an asteroid (or meteor? I don't really know) some 65 million years ago (when the dinosours were wiped out), the asteroid also brought a lot more energy to the earth, immense heat near where the asteroid landed (hence the glass that formed nearby). So temperature should have risen, right? No, because it also made these huge dust clouds that completely covererd the Earth from sunlight and thus made it colder (plus, of coure significantly lessened the oxygen being created). Of course this is just a simplification, but what it means is that it's not just about the one change you see at first site.
The reason I chose this example (while there are others), is because it's also a sudden change (even though infitely more sudden than what we're seeing right now in climate change).

Another thing I've been dying to discuss is your apparant hatred towards citations. I don't suppose you've been a part of a scientific research party? Or even read a scientific article, for that matter?
They are almost always composed of a lot of citations from other, earlier works. If you had to thurally explain every aspect of what you're doing in every article, all the articles would be 10 times longer and would take more than 10 times as long to write, because a lot of the things would need supporting experiments. You cannot do without citing other people's work.

The same should apply in here. Chances are, none of us will have seen evolution at a macro scale, because nobody claims it to work in one generation (and probably none, or very few of us, have scientificly observed it themselves), just as probably none us have themselves measured global warming as it's to do with climate change and climate is a sort of long term whether, the change of which can't be measured within one decade. But the same way, you did not see - let alone write - the actions in the bible. We're all just recollecting  (sometimes even citing) what we've seen others do.

OK, well let's try to talk on "topic" here.
Have you ever seen how the human embryo evolves in the uterus? It first looks like a fish and then starts forming more of a human shape. There are many stages of this transformation. It was taught to us in High School, and while I haven't seen it first hand, I have no reason to doubt the research done decades before my time.
Obviously the embryo won't have an "ape" shape, since that's such a small milestone in our evolution, however if this doesn't show that we evolved from another species, I don't know what would.

Ahh teddy what a little darling you are. So full of shit. You like wise decide ahh I know something about this subject I will have a go at Vegeta because he hurt me so bad I now have the ammo to come back and get him good. Lol Really lol. You do not deserve a responce. You totally trashed my threads. With no inteligence what so ever. You added nothing but trash talk. Then it got moved to the drama section. And now all of a sudden Oh Oh I know about this I want to play. Lol. But just in case anyone thinks aww Vegetas just running I will rip apart your first part and after that. Until you give me a decent responce you will get nothing out of me. You dont deserve it niether does this ignorant thread.

You said the dinos where whipped out about 65 million years ago. Wrong!!!
The dinos where not. And I dont mean your dates out by 10.20.30,40,50,60.5.4,3,2,or even 1 million years. Your dates are a complete lie ahd scientist have always lied about the dates of the dinos or there whole programme is wrong.

Here is a simple question you and every oe to look up for them selves.

If the dinos were whipped out approx 65 million years ago.
And if man evolved approx 200.000 years ago.
Heres the big one.
Why are there fossils of men and massive dinosaurs?
Answer that And I will continue. You pair are spouting shit as most poeple believe. Because you trust your goverments.
So if you or anyone else can answer this I will come back and destroy the rest of the shit you talk.

And heres a few examples incase your struggling with basic research.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fossils+of+man+and+dinosaurs+together&site=webhp&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=2Aw2VfG2NM7laMyagKgL&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=1920&bih=1008

« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 04:41:28 AM by -Vegeta- »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #141 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 04:49:11 AM »
Haha, you're linking to a picture. If that's evidence enough for you, I can give you one where I'm on the moon.

EDIT:
And looking at the first entry if searching the web (rather than for pictures), I can find:
the fossil record seems not to substantiate creationists’ claims that dinosaurs and humans were contemporaries
And that's from a religious point of veiw.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 04:55:26 AM by teddy_grizzly_bear »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

« Reply #142 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 12:19:27 PM »
What a joke Killaman now decides he wants to come in and have a serious conversation. Because He seems to think that he knows something on global warming/climate change. You have looked up a couple of on board siites that are slanted to the goverments agenda. heard about it all in school. You singed up aswell because the "scientists said so" Go and do some reasearch of your own and once you have a balenced view come back and tell us both sides until you know both sides go away and dont expect me to read that tripe until YOU know what your talking about.

This may just be the funniest thing I've read all week. Sounds like something that would be written on The Onion as it's too ridiculous for me to think that you actually believe in what you type.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 12:23:25 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #143 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 12:25:21 PM »
This may just be the funniest thing I've read all week. Sounds like something that would be written on The Onion as it's too ridiculous for me to think that you actually believe in what you type.

x2

Pretty funny that Vegeta asks for intelligent discussion but chooses to ignore the facts then says that's what we're doing.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 12:31:41 PM »
Haha, you're linking to a picture. If that's evidence enough for you, I can give you one where I'm on the moon.

EDIT:
And looking at the first entry if searching the web (rather than for pictures), I can find:And that's from a religious point of veiw.

You were clearly told to do your own research.  But you and almost everyone else has selective reading.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 12:32:26 PM »
Yes and i see you avoided the question, No surprises there then :)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 12:32:58 PM »
x2

Pretty funny that Vegeta asks for intelligent discussion but chooses to ignore the facts then says that's what we're doing.

See you still have nothing to bring to any of the discussions.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 12:46:45 PM »
See you still have nothing to bring to any of the discussions.

Neither you did in the last 10 pages

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 13:18:27 PM »
Do our own research? That requires a lot of money man... [EDIT: Wait what did you mean by that exactly? You can't expect us to conduct serious scientific studies..? And you don't accept what the "school" tells us. So you just want us all to cite websites like you did with "bible" in the title?]

I did take a paleoclimatology class a couple years ago though and it's really not that relevant nor profound research (2nd year undergrad) but I guess I did it myself and that seems to be what you're crying for. I used a global circulation model to look at CO2 / CH4 / etc levels in the atmosphere over the course of millennia to show that human changes on greenhouse gas levels began long before industrialization. It was a test of another dude's hypothesis (Ruddiman, I guess look him up if you want he's not that interesting) but my tests supported his theory.

tl;dr
Humans have messed with methane levels ever since we started irrigation and plants decayed faster in rice fields. Climate change is most certainly an intensification of that simple fact: nature goes through cycles to reach equilibrium and we don't understand that completely so we fuck it up.

Take this too, I turned in a paper on the Lake Tahoe physical and cultural landscapes yesterday:

http://www.laketahoenews.net/2013/06/scientist-details-human-impact-on-lake-tahoe/
"Over the course of 30 years, Goldman has also seen the overall temperature of Lake Tahoe increase by about 1 degree. His graphs showed that while the maximum and minimum temperatures of Lake Tahoe fluctuate constantly, the average maximum temperature has remained virtually the same; it is the average minimum temperature that appears to be rising at a relatively steady rate. This means the lake is not cooling off at night like it used to, the result of increased CO2 in the atmosphere."
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 13:23:17 PM by Archeh »
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 18:50:13 PM »
Do our own research? That requires a lot of money man... [EDIT: Wait what did you mean by that exactly? You can't expect us to conduct serious scientific studies..? And you don't accept what the "school" tells us. So you just want us all to cite websites like you did with "bible" in the title?]

I did take a paleoclimatology class a couple years ago though and it's really not that relevant nor profound research (2nd year undergrad) but I guess I did it myself and that seems to be what you're crying for. I used a global circulation model to look at CO2 / CH4 / etc levels in the atmosphere over the course of millennia to show that human changes on greenhouse gas levels began long before industrialization. It was a test of another dude's hypothesis (Ruddiman, I guess look him up if you want he's not that interesting) but my tests supported his theory.

tl;dr
Humans have messed with methane levels ever since we started irrigation and plants decayed faster in rice fields. Climate change is most certainly an intensification of that simple fact: nature goes through cycles to reach equilibrium and we don't understand that completely so we fuck it up.

Take this too, I turned in a paper on the Lake Tahoe physical and cultural landscapes yesterday:

http://www.laketahoenews.net/2013/06/scientist-details-human-impact-on-lake-tahoe/
"Over the course of 30 years, Goldman has also seen the overall temperature of Lake Tahoe increase by about 1 degree. His graphs showed that while the maximum and minimum temperatures of Lake Tahoe fluctuate constantly, the average maximum temperature has remained virtually the same; it is the average minimum temperature that appears to be rising at a relatively steady rate. This means the lake is not cooling off at night like it used to, the result of increased CO2 in the atmosphere."

we all know about 1 degree hardly global warming lol The met office in the UK admitted all the lying crap. There is no global warming. Al gore was the clown pushing it in the states and he wanted it changed from global warming. Becuase every where he went preaching (the new tax lie) ( that most of the muppets in here agree with ) He looked like a tit becuase when he went preaching global warming every where he went the had frezzing wheather that they never had before and some places had snow for the first time he and his new tax lie looked like a tit. Does nt cost anythiung to spend a little time looking at both sides and no one metioned a bible except you of coarse. So shove your poxy little two bit study all the way. Go look at the people who knopw what they are talking about and answer the simple question I asked you all. So funny how you all missed that .

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager