Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: SO you dont believe in God.  (Read 56008 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: SO you dont believe in God.
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 04:28:25 AM »
Ok I get this I started a thread on two subjecys you know knowthing about and you feel a little left of so now you want to show everyone how cleaver you are there a clever boy off you go now and start your own thread and see who wants to talk to you. Stop strying to drial my thread as admin you should know better but obviously dont.
You're right, I don't know much about this subject (and it's the same for both, don't kid yourself), but my point is, I don't care.

As I've said before, I took the threads as what they were, attempt to get some drama going, and helped you achieved it. It's called feeding the troll.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 04:32:58 AM »
Well you know best well done. Now are you done or are you going to act like a child for much longer. I really cant see what hurt you so much. You need to get a grip on your life and dont let people get in to you so much . seems I can do it with out ever trying. One day you will look back and say you know what he was right. You want start your own thread becaus ethe fact is no one cares about your subject.
Its not called feeding the troll is called childish where I come from. your hurt is pathetic man. Grow up.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 05:13:56 AM »
You think you hurt me? How cute :)

This is just my hourly fun corner ;)

Keep calm, my friend!

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #63 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 09:23:33 AM »
This thread is not about God.

Then why the f you got the title with the word God? How funny the title sounds and just so obvious you wanted this drama argument. Go back to your office and have argument there. OLD vegeta is back, so all is said.

No one cares about your thread!

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 09:55:45 AM »
OffTopic (which - obviously - has nothing to do with evolution or God):

@-Vegeta-: You know what, I'll tell you a big secret:
There is a real world outside, real people ... just look out the window - you see ..?
No?
Ooh, there is no window in your room ... Alright ...
You see the door?
Outside that door is a magnificent real world - just waiting for you ... You will be able to touch it, smell it even talk to the real people - you will feel strange at first - it's so different from your safe cyber-world, but don't be afraid, turn off your computer, get up and take the small steps, open this door and go outside ...
... What's the problem ..?
The door doesn't have a handle? OoK ... Just stay calm, don't panic ... soon, someone very nice will help you.

Can someone call hes doctor - do not forget sedatives.

No no no, stop banging your head against the wall - you can't break it, remember?

Guys ..? Any time now ..?

BTW: Since when in psychiatric, lunatics have access to the internet?
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 11:10:29 AM »
You think you hurt me? How cute :)

This is just my hourly fun corner ;)

Keep calm, my friend!

calm? where do i look like I am not calm in any of my posts?
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 11:22:33 AM »
SO you dont believe in God.

No.

What do all the brain boxes think of evoution?
In my mind it is no longer the Theory of Evolution, but rather the Fact Of Evolution, do you disagree?

You have the right to believe what ever you like, but I fail to see any real difference in what you believe and the creation story of belief systems like Mormons and Scientology, that is My right to think that.

We all know that topics like these are pointless, none of us will have any change in opinion because what is written here-

Offline Ganja

« Reply #67 on: Thursday, April 09, 2015, 12:17:28 PM »
We all know that topics like these are pointless, none of us will have any change in opinion because what is written here-

Everyone seems to think that, but I find it "interesting" to see what people believe and how they defend their beliefs

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 10:45:16 AM »
Hey Eliz.
Yes you have a right to believe what ever you like.

So you think its a fact of evo? Thats good but do you have any facts to back up what you think is real? because there is no evidence of macro evo. So unless you just found some latley. I would have to hear  from you about it?

As for scieintoligists and all the others out there, you dont know the difference then, you would need to look a little closer. No point in looking at most of the churches or christians that you know. As you will be dissapointed. Because there is no difference from them and the poeple in the pub. other than they believe theres is a God. But very few of the Christians in the world, actully has a relation ship with God.

Ganja I dont need to defend my faith as no one tried to take it away :)

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #69 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 16:57:56 PM »
Has Evolution Been Proven?

No, it has not been.

Many creationists would be content to end this essay there, but in reality, the situation is not so simple. To argue against the theory of evolution by saying that it “hasn’t been proven” is to demonstrate a severe misunderstanding of the nature of science, which this essay will endeavor to correct.

It is true that the theory of evolution has not been proven – if, by that term, one means established beyond any further possibility of doubt or refutation. On the other hand, neither has atomic theory, the theory of relativity, quantum theory, or indeed any other theory in science. The reason for this is that science does not deal in absolute proof, only in the balance of the evidence.

To see why this is and must be true, imagine that we are scientists seeking to explain some feature of the natural world. Based on the evidence available to us, we can construct a hypothesis – an educated guess – which we offer as that explanation. If more evidence turns up that supports our hypothesis, if our hypothesis is testable and falsifiable, and if our hypothesis can be used to make predictions which turn out to be correct – if all these things are true, then our hypothesis graduates to the status of a theory and, in time, becomes accepted scientific wisdom.

But how do we really know the original hypothesis is true? What if it completely misses the mark, but gives the right answers just by coincidence? Or what if it is just an approximation, giving generally correct answers while failing to capture the true reality of what is going on? How can we ever be sure that these things are not the case?

The answer is, of course, that we cannot know this. This is why no scientific theory, including evolution, is ever considered to be proven. The more evidence that accumulates to support a theory, the more our confidence in it grows. Eventually, a point may be reached where the quantity of evidence supporting the theory is so vast, so overwhelming, that further attempts to deny or question it would be futile and unfounded. This is the case with the theory of evolution, as it is the case with the other theories, such as the atomic theory of matter or the theory of plate tectonics, that form the pillars of modern science. But this is not absolute proof. Not even the best-supported, most thoroughly verified theories of science are put on a pedestal and considered infallible, since at any time, some shocking new piece of evidence might turn up that completely contradicts accepted knowledge. We have no way of knowing that this will not happen in the future.

This is not to imply that the theory of evolution is in any way tentative or uncertain. On the contrary, it is extremely robust, backed by over a hundred years of research, experiment and observation. In all that time, not a single piece of evidence that seriously contradicts any part of it has ever turned up. Within the scientific community, evolution is not at all controversial and is no longer questioned; it is considered to be a fact, as simple and indisputable as gravity. While it can never be absolutely proven, it has come as close to attaining this status as it is possible for any scientific theory to be. To attack evolution by labeling it an “unproven theory” misses the point entirely. There is a saying in some scientific circles: “Proof is for mathematics and alcohol.”

Lord-of-War  :style:

« Last Edit: Friday, April 10, 2015, 17:22:46 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 17:22:16 PM »
Lovely post! :)

One of the thing about most science or the scientific theories you describe is that they are often approximations.
It doesn't mean they're incorrect, but they might be correct only in certain instances or to a certain degree of accuracy. An easy example is how we view movement and speed. If you're travelling at a small speed compared to the speed of light, adding 2 movements together is very easy and does seem to give the right answer. However, if you consider special relativity, you'll see that the calculations get quite a lot more complicated. And you'll also see that the answer is almost the same at low speeds, yet drastically different at speeds close to that of light.
This doesn't mean that the classical way is wrong, it's just only correct at small speeds.

And that's just one simple example. There are just so many places where something like this is used, most models nowadays are linear while a lot of the processes themselves are nonlinear for example.

Offline Southofheaven

« Reply #71 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 18:04:34 PM »
God's name is Jimmy paga and he played guitar in a band called led zeppelin. Peace

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #72 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 18:30:29 PM »
 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
24“The student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master. 25 It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!
26 “So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
    a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36     a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[c]
37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2010
« Last Edit: Friday, April 10, 2015, 18:32:43 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 18:38:16 PM »
Lovely post! :)

One of the thing about most science or the scientific theories you describe is that they are often approximations.
It doesn't mean they're incorrect, but they might be correct only in certain instances or to a certain degree of accuracy. An easy example is how we view movement and speed. If you're travelling at a small speed compared to the speed of light, adding 2 movements together is very easy and does seem to give the right answer. However, if you consider special relativity, you'll see that the calculations get quite a lot more complicated. And you'll also see that the answer is almost the same at low speeds, yet drastically different at speeds close to that of light.
This doesn't mean that the classical way is wrong, it's just only correct at small speeds.

And that's just one simple example. There are just so many places where something like this is used, most models nowadays are linear while a lot of the processes themselves are nonlinear for example.

Lol what a joke and you are just stupid enough to believe that this dunce (Lord) actully wrote this tripe lol. what a pair of dunces .

Lord you were told at the start dont bring me your copy paste shit here.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/daylightatheism/essays/has-evolution-been-proven/

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #74 on: Friday, April 10, 2015, 19:00:41 PM »
For sure I didn't write it myself you holy retard.
And the things you write all come out of your little brain - do they ? Hardly !
I was told at the start lol - who are you to tell me anything ?

It was just an attempt to close this stupid thread of yours.
But for sure you don't like it - cause it makes your argument about
the so called "proof" obsolete.
There is no proof for anything you waffle on - so what's the damn point of all this may I ask ?
Do you have any friends ?
Or do you spend your time now flooding this forum with your crap?

I am sick and tired of arrogant, self-indulged people wasting mine and
other people's time with their nonsense

Go and fuck your bible

Lord-of-War  :style:

« Last Edit: Friday, April 10, 2015, 19:27:14 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager