Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: SB Drama  (Read 15690 times)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: SB Drama
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 17:36:59 PM »
Back in 2011, no one would have been so shameless to held up a matter like that. It's obvious all the talk it's about the ways and the manners, and not about the objective of the Assist itself. Damn, people are even arguing about shoutbox moderation? For real?
« Last Edit: Monday, November 03, 2014, 17:38:44 PM by Koden »

Offline TheJohnny

« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 18:09:33 PM »
Actually I'm not sure if this is even needed at this point due to abandonment and fair use laws.

I'm afraid it's just neglectance and handwaving on your part. Can you quote any official statement from government/army about abandoning rights to this thing?

Back in 2011, no one would have been so shameless to held up a matter like that. It's obvious all the talk it's about the ways and the manners, and not about the objective of the Assist itself.

True. And the only conclusion is, some things must have gone wrong and caused tension, which results in such critique voices.

Damn, people are even arguing about shoutbox moderation? For real?

Yes, for real. And the explanation goes below:

I am slightly disappointed that you'd resume what I wrote to 'almost pure spam' but for each its own.

You wrote an essay about how to behave on SB. In particular, not to spam it. Oh the irony... You are in no position to judge others in this matter, because (IMO) you post a lot of what could be considered spam.

And that explains Koden's wondering why people object this.

Jared

« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 18:31:20 PM »
This is the only real thing i can find

Over the past nine years more than 12 million registered players have fired billions of rounds as they played in millions of matches. These stats clearly show how hugely successful America's Army 2 has been. Our goal for the future is to make the current America's Army game and future releases even more successful than those in the past, and we're determined to see that happen.

For that reason, as we move forward we are concentrating all our resources on future releases of the game. Unfortunately this means that as of December 18, 2011, we will no longer be supporting the authentication system or statistics tracking for America's Army 2. The game will still be available to play in free-play mode, without Honor points being accrued. AA2 will still be the same game, with the same action and same fun. Matches can still be held and competitions won and lost. Just without the point system.

Also I would point you to this, http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html from my understanding based on lack of support for the game, and the fact that the game was and still is free, and we don't make money on it that we might fall within fair use. I don't think its negligence because of the fact all we are really doing is redistributing the game. Assist is its own standalone application, our auth system is its own standalone application. To my understanding everything we have added to the game is just a mod. Mod's are in their own grey area because I believe they were not allowed via the AA EULA, but players and staff accepted them.

I do find this a funny conversation of sorts. Do you play AA at all?

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 18:32:56 PM »
I'm afraid it's just neglectance and handwaving on your part. Can you quote any official statement from government/army about abandoning rights to this thing?

True. And the only conclusion is, some things must have gone wrong and caused tension, which results in such critique voices.

Yes, for real. And the explanation goes below:

You wrote an essay about how to behave on SB. In particular, not to spam it. Oh the irony... You are in no position to judge others in this matter, because (IMO) you post a lot of what could be considered spam.

And that explains Koden's wondering why people object this.

I quitted playing this game because i got bored and because of the average disrespect, that totally takes the fun away for me and for others aswell. To me, it appears as you and AAC are just willing to dissect and debase the few rules that the staff here is trying to enforce. Heck, i've seen plenty of sh!t being posted on the shoutbox, but little really worth arguing and that was going to make sense, and with that i mean even arguments against the Assist - people (including you) don't have valid ones, otherwise it would have been shat down already!

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 18:41:55 PM »
In some aspects I would agree with AAC and TheJohnny, but in this case these aspects has nothing to do with the topic. Here, definitely Spanky is right and - IMO - Shoutbox Usage & Moderation is really the right solution on those who have a tendency to cross the 'thin red line', which is the freedom of speech.
... and it should be applied to the forum as well.

You know this reminds me of some person who got banned in the past for buying a cheat, and then went way into lawyer stuff because of the anticheat system.

His name was something like =IGC=Wolf.

Luckily, that person changed, and he became a nice person who would never want to do that stuff anymore.

In other words, stop annoying us with your personality problem, you give a lot of criticism, but as soon as someone mentions who you are, you go into defense mode and nobody is allowed to mention that.
Stop being 2-faced is my biggest advice for you, it will help you in the future.
Attacking someone, when you has nothing more to say - lack of arguments - is even worse ...
« Last Edit: Monday, November 03, 2014, 18:50:50 PM by NoBigDeal »
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Dialects

« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 19:13:47 PM »

I don't mind the spamming. Maybe you misread? The subject at hand is not spam but disrespect and general hostile behaviour towards and between other members of this community.

I'm starting to think none of that matters to you though as you seem to have registered solely to partake in this thread without having the slightest interest for what we are trying to achieve here.

I also find it rewarding that you seem so interested in dissing any one contribution/post/word I've put into this and other subjects pertaining to Assist. Do you hold a grudge? Are you an old familiar face? I really see no reason you'd be so insistent unless you're ACC's friend or have an unresolved quarrel with me.

Right as of now, if you as much as go back to both the OP and the subsequent posts, you'll find out that both my intention as well as that of the rest of the Devs/Admins are to make this a community where hostility and harassment is kept out. We had to remember people that is our aim and that we're willing to go ways to keep it so. What is wrong with that?

If you had a family and suddenly saw a killer walk right into your house, would you let him kill your wife and kids out of respect for freedom of expression, speech, action, or any other? I don't think you would, naturally.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 03, 2014, 19:19:03 PM by Dialects »
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Dialects

« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 19:17:40 PM »
If you are so well behaving Assist Admins, then why did you ban that TheJohnny guy? He didn't seem to break any rule forum, didn't he?

Are you afraid of truth?

He isn't banned, not sure what you're on about. If he were, it'd show up in the logs.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 20:06:26 PM »
So I'm back from big ass day work and I do have to say more, by the way no one is friends here, just us agreeing with the fact that the game runs illegally which you think otherwise.

1. Please, show me, the proof that the America's Army developers, all of them and USA Government gave you permission to run the game. Where is the proof? I only heard that you got nice words from 1 dev who worked with this game.

2. If you were given a green light then you would have gotten the source, otherwise lets not jump to conclusion where you are legit to do things.

3. It doesn't matter what you have added, SAI, changed uniforms, the fact is, it was in 2.8, never was in 2.5 (to me its the game upgrade) which is not allowed to do by any means.

4. You have broke many laws running this game, I guess the previous devs or the USA government doesn't know about this, they haven't tried this game, they don't know what is in this game nor who is running this game.

5. Donations, even tho they (might) go to server costs but I could be assuming that it goes to anything. Even having donations is not legit, not your game sorry to say it loud.

6. Jared post made it more clear that the game runs illegally.The devs left this game running but (without auth + point system) that is used now. Is that ''legit'' to you? I assume not.  Tracking or any other thing that comes to the game is made illegally. Your Anti Cheat comes illegally.

7. I had taken the screenshot of your previous TOS and anti cheat, it was illegal too.

8. Should I keep going how much illegal things you done? It's not about adding features to the game, the client itself is illegal, everything around is illegal.

9. If I wanted to shut the game or use any action according shut down or suspecting the game legislation all I would need to do is get in contacts with US government and all you should be waiting is an email to your inbox. But why would I need to do that now?

10. Stop fucking forcing us to behave well on shoutbox, close your eyes looking at the right side of the forum. You don't like this feature? The remove it.

11. My personality has nothing to do with anything of this, I only telling you your ''legit'' rights and what are my legit rights.

12. Do you know that you could be fined just being in this ''admin'' group for helping? The fact that the game is not legit, no source or anything that would help in the court if you tell me.

13. The fact that the devs left the game as it was, no points or tracking, no source, but you still found ways to get around it even tho you had no fucking permission, if they wanted you to change things, even the tracking then you would be given that source, so stop trying to get away with what you to blame.

Eliz: I know how much time you have put in this project, all the heart for the people playing it, I love your dedication and I really appreciate that but let me tell you something. You wasting your time keeping 100 player base game which you never improve on adding more, if this is your hobby then you are playing with wrong game in hands which you can be fined outside internet life. If someone really wanted to shut the game down and fined the admin team they really could, just get someone so angry and that person will. Eliz don't be stupid, I know you are capable of more coding, I wish you to become something more than a dead game coder who could get in trouble, if it's not a hobby then I believe the best you can do with your skills is work for a company, I know that many people said this to you, work for industry not for this game, like i said this game and your hands in danger if its a hobby.

P.S Last thing to say to Eliz which I respect more than anyone here, why do you think Johnny quit? and reading this thread I guess you know the answer.

Don't force, don't start making rules that makes us not happy, stop this bs, start changing administration team who thinks they are smarter than anyone here and has more power than us.

Even download site is not legit lel... just think about people where you getting at. If you going to response the same as you did in your previous post don't bother commenting as it would change anything.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 03, 2014, 20:26:59 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 20:28:08 PM »
Yawn

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #24 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 20:32:23 PM »
Yawn

It's not for you to worry, seems like you don't even understand what is going about and don't know the real situation according to how this game runs ''legit'' but that free post counts for you :)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 20:32:43 PM »
AAC, care to have a chat on Skype? nate.rowe4
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 20:40:12 PM »
It's not for you to worry, seems like you don't even understand what is going about and don't know the real situation according to how this game runs ''legit'' but that free post counts for you :)

You care to much. I dont give a crap if assist is acting illegal or whatever... i just play whenever i feel like.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 20:44:48 PM »
AAC, care to have a chat on Skype? nate.rowe4

Don't have a skype sorry :)

By the way I read that Johnny was banned by Jared? Really? I think Johnny knows more than anyone here about the project and stands bigger than Eliz, he the one who took the project in hands after devs quit. Well he knows at least in what danger all of you are having with this project. That was a terrible act and just shows how ban happy you guys are, how strong you are, how ''equal''' we are, how united we are, how friendly we are.

You really know what hurts me about this community?

People that know each other, people that lick each other asses, friends that defend friends, hurts when you are not accepted into community, when you are abused, newbies getting called noobs or hurted in game, admins don't like me, thats a fact, even dislike me, some admins said it, is it good way of administrating? Every human being, every one of us have different personality, different characters,but we are the same humans with the souls, Nobody should stand above anyone, it doesn't make you special human being, your not bigger, don't be like a rich business man, don't be one of those in high chair, why threaten? why add rules to prevent us from having fun, hard work at work, spill it here on someone, next day he will apologize, its internet, we dont even know each other...

Ask a question, why we can't get long with each other? why we can't accept everyone of who they are...
« Last Edit: Monday, November 03, 2014, 20:50:45 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 20:50:01 PM »
Some other IM service then?

Jared didn't ban anyone but himself (deleted his own account today). That Jonny account you're referring to was Pits and while he claims it was banned, it hasn't been. The real Jonny that started this project left on his own accord and through recent e-mails has stated he won't come back. I won't state why, that's his personal choice.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 03, 2014, 21:13:29 PM »
Ask a question, why we can't get long with each other? why we can't accept everyone of who they are...
This is the very same question us admins are asking, and it's why this thread exists. Why can't you guys just get along? Why all the shoutbox insults and drama? We're sick of seeing it.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager